In summary, my opening remarks were:

1. I have been on the ALAC since 2006, and as such I believe that I am the most senior ALAC member (Carlos and Jose just a month less).
  2. I do not belong to an ALS, but I am an individual member of the NARALO and have been active in NARALO activities, working groups and the Summit.
  3. I have served on Boards, particularly not-for-profit ones in both elected and appointed positions over the last 25 years. I understand the legal issues, the time demands, and the responsibility of representing those who appointed/elected me.
  4. I am not afraid of hard work, and steep learning curves. In fact, I thrive on such environments. I volunteered to be Liaison to the GNSO at my first ALAC and ICANN meeting, and I know that I have served At-Large, ALAC and the GNSO well over the last three years.
  5. I take initiative, and see things through. My work on the Domain Tasting and now PEDNR PDPs demonstrates that.
  6. I have spent much time over the last year on ALAC and At-Large travel issues. Although we are not yet where we want to be, I know that my efforts have been critical in our reversing the more radical cuts that were announced.
  7. Thanks to my rather unique history, I feel that I am in a strong position to represent both the developed and developing worlds and their users.
  • No labels