You can read my bio here -- http://www.haven2.com/index.php/bio -- here's the first paragraph…

"I'm a community organizer, entrepreneur and tech-geek turned business-leader type person. I became moderately famous here in Minnesota (USA) as one of the people who popularized the Internet back in the mid-90’s. These days I divide my pretty-retired time between being a domain-investor (I've still got about a half-dozen great domain names to figure out), volunteering on a variety of local and regional broadband policy bodies, participating in various working groups at ICANN, restoring 420 acres of Wisconsin farmland to the state it was in prior to agriculture (www.APrairieHaven.com), helping out at a variety of local non-profits and learning the craft of furniture making"

so i'm a happily-retired geek.

my interest in DSSA is non-technical.  i have been responsible for online security in a variety of ways

-- i was the administrative CIO of the University of Minnesota
-- i helped develop a security strategy and program for a 50-campus university system at "the other" university system in Minnesota, MnSCU.
-- i owned an ISP
-- i'm working on broadband security and stability issues at the state level here in Minnesota

i'm pretty good at small to mid scale project management

i'm pretty good at negotiation and finding consensus views

i'm REALLY good at playing blues and rock n'roll keyboards.  :-)

• No labels