Members are welcome to enter below their ideas for the content of the educational materials to be developed collaboratively by At-Large and Registrars. This education material would be made available to Internet users on a Web site that is completely separate from the www.icann.org Web site and that is aimed primarily at registrants of domain names. The information contained on this Web site would be neutral, vendor independent.

Some examples:

- a glossary of terms (What is a Registrar? What is a Registry?)

- how do I find out who my registrar is?

- how do I find out when my domain name registration will run out?

- etc.

In ALAC ExCom meeting of 18 May 2011, it was pointed out that any educational materials jointly developed by the ALAC and Registrars must be contingent on the recommendations coming out of PEDNR (Post Expiry Domain Name Resolution). Such recommendations might influence the course of action taken with regards to wider ICANN development and dissemination of such material.

• No labels

3 Comments

1. Some ideas:

Create some educational material to explain the following:

1. How domain names can be recovered once they expire?
      1. What is the process?
      2. How do I start it?
      3. Are registrars obligated to inform the domain owner?
      4. Can I recover my domain name even if it has been taken by the registrar after it expired?
    2. What does it mean to transfer a domain name?
      1. How long does it takes?
      2. What is the process? Is it standard for all Registrars?
      3. is the Policy Development Process? How
    3. How important is to keep the WHOIS data updated?
      1. Is this data used at all when my domain expires?
      2. Will I be called to let me know that my domain has expired?
  2. I would include a pointer to SSAC44 - A Registrant’s Guide to Protecting Domain Name Registration Accounts

http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac044.pdf

3. text in spanish & english

Sylvia y Sergio

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish
    En el caso de los materiales a ser utilizados en los diferentes RALOS, se sugiere que el mismo sea realizado por diversas ALSs de cada una de las RALOS por ser ellas las que mejor conocen la forma y nivel de expresión de sus regiones. El objetivo es que todos los usuarios comprendan perfectamente el contenido del material sin dejar dudas lo que nos evitará nuevos procesos de outreach sobre el mismo tema.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    English
    For materials to be used in different RALOS, we suggest that it be done by some ALS from the different RALOs because they are the ones who best know the level of expression of their regions. The aim is that all users fully understand the contents of the material leaving no doubt that we avoid new outreach processes on the same subject.