Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/CC.1218/1
Date: Tuesday, 18 December 2018
Time: 16:00 - 18:00 UTC (For the time in various timezones click here)
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: https://participate.icann.org/alac/
Interpretation Available: Yes ( RU, ES & FR - Simultaneous)
How can I participate in this meeting? English Conference ID = 1638
¿Cómo se puede participar en la teleconferencia? Spanish Conference ID = 1738
Comment participer a cette teleconference? French Conference ID = 1838
Russian Conference ID = 2138
AF: Hadia Elminiawi, Seun Ojedeji, Tijani Ben Jemaa
AP: Holly Raiche, Kaili Kan, Maureen Hilyard
EUR: Bastiaan Goslings, Joanna Kulesza, Sébastien Bachollet
LAC: Bartlett Morgan, Humberto Carrasco (absent), Ricardo Holmquist (apology)
NA: Javier Rúa-Jovet, John Laprise, Marita Moll
Liaisons: Andrei Kolesnikov (SSAC) (apology), Barrack Otieno (ccNSO), Cheryl Langdon-Orr (GNSO), Yrjö Lansipuro (GAC)
Dial Out Participants:
EN: Holly Raiche, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Maureen Hilyard, Daniel Nanghaka, Sébastien Bachollet
ES: Harold Arcos
Apologies: Andrei Kolesnikov, Ricardo Holmquist
Call Management: Yeşim Nazlar
Adopted Motions: EN
Recording: EN, ES, FR, RU
AC Chat: EN
A G E N D A: TO BE UPDATED
Standing Agenda Items
1. Roll Call and Apologies and Confirmation of Quorum– Staff (3 minutes)
2. Welcome, Aim of the Meeting, Adoption of Agenda and Call for Any Other Business or other Amendments – Maureen Hilyard (2 minutes)
3. ALAC Policy Development Activities - Evin Erdoğdu, Olivier Crepin-Leblond and Jonathan Zuck (20 minutes)
See: 2018 ALAC Policy Comments & Advice
See: At-Large Policy Summary Please note: IT correcting At-Large website technical issue
Registration Directory Service (RDS-WHOIS2) Review Team Draft Report of Recommendations
The primary concern for the ALAC in the RDS-WHOIS2 Review is the accuracy of registrant data (WHOIS data) and its use by security and law enforcement bodies in addressing the misuse and abuse of the DNS system. The ALAC summarized their positions on the 16 Recommendations under Objective 1, as well as Objectives 3, 5, 6 and the ICANN Bylaws.
ICANN Seeking Community Feedback on Proposed Unified Access Model
The ALAC cited their prior statement from 10 April 2018 relating to the access of WHOIS, and offered (4) general comments on the proposed UAM: (1) Any access model must be compliant with the GDPR, and ICANN should obtain legal advice from expert counsel to confirm compliance; (2) Internet end user rights should be part of the calculus, including knowledge of email sender identity, et al; (3) The UAM design should be scalable and not overly-reliant upon manual updates, and should have a well-defined taxonomy of abuse types, et al. Once an agreed upon set of inputs and outcomes is established, an automated system may be created to respond to WHOIS requests; (4) The various harms taken into account when considering the UAM must be done so in a non-biased fashion.
Proposed gTLD-Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Profile
The ALAC recommends that ICANN adopt the RDAP quickly and effectively because they hold it is an essential step for ICANN to deploy a tiered-access model adequately. In addition, the ALAC recommends that ICANN address 5 ambiguities in the RDAP that are also present in the European Union's (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), noting them in the statement.
Next Steps on Reviews
The ALAC supports the proposed path forward for the ATRT3, while stating the consideration of how to streamline specific reviews to make them more effective and impactful is a low priority item for ATRT3. The ALAC encourages active community participation in formulating any recommendations in organizational reviews, and states that specific reviews operating standards should take a minimalist approach.
- Policy Status Report: Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP)
- Application for New Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) Dispute-Resolution Service Provider
Public Comment Name
Public Comment Close
|Draft PTI and IANA FY20 Operating Plan and Budgets|
Note: Initial draft submitted to public comment; revised draft to follow after IGF.
|Competition, Consumer Trust, and Consumer Choice Review Team (CCT) Final Report & Recommendations|
4. Review of current ALS and Individual Member applications – Evin Erdoğdu (5 minutes)
Countries & Territories
ALS Application Status
Reference: Decertification Wikispace
|Awaiting advice (3)|
#292 Asociacion Civil Para la Investigacion Social y Tecnica de Internet (AGEIA España) - EURALO (to confirm status), #291 Red de Desarrollo Sostenible - Honduras - LACRALO (awaiting regional feedback), #282 Association pour le Développement des Sociétés de l'Information au Tchad (ADESIT) - AFRALO (awaiting regional feedback)
|Due diligence (4)||#295 Fondation Femme TIC et Développement Durable - AFRALO (staff processing due diligence), #294 BIKLAB - LACRALO (staff processing due diligence), #293 ACSIS COTE D'IVOIRE - AFRALO (awaiting applicant feedback), #288 Liberia Information Technology students Union - AFRALO (awaiting applicant feedback)|
|On hold||#270 BSDCongo - AFRALO, #267 Surabhi Softwares, #112 Arab Regional ISPs & DSPs Association (ARISPA) - APRALO|
Recently certified: 2 - EURALO, 4 - AFRALO, 1 - APRALO; Applications: None.
- AFRALO recently ratified their AFRALO Decertification Rules.
- LACRALO Orientation Call to be scheduled the week of 14 December 2018; Reference: RALO ALS and Individual Orientation Calls: NARALO 06 September 2017, APRALO 19 June 2017.
5. Reports and Discussion with At-Large Plus Leaders – Introduced by Maureen Hilyard (20 minutes)
a. Liaisons: ccNSO; GAC, GNSO and SSAC
b. WGs: CPWG and Sub-Commitee on Outreach and Engagement
c. RALO Chairs: AFRALO, APRALO, EURALO, LACRALO and NARALO
See: ALAC Monthly Reports wiki page
6. Review and Endorsement Decision on the Final At-Large Review Detailed Implementation Plan - Maureen Hilyard and Cheryl Langdon-Orr (15 minutes)
7. Review and Decision on ALAC Mailing Lists - Maureen Hilyard (10 minutes)
8. Update and Discussion with Leon Sanchez, Board Director Selected by At-Large (7 minutes)
9. EPDP - Next Steps - Maureen Hilyard, Alan Greenberg and Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi (5 minutes)
10. Update and Next Steps on ATLAS III - Maureen Hilyard and Olivier Crepin-Leblond (5 minutes)
11. Review of WG Appointments and Follow up on Needed Appointments - Maureen Hilyard and Alan Greenberg (10 minutes)
12. Review of At-Large at ICANN63 - Maureen Hilyard (5 minutes)
a. Review of outstanding Action Items from ICANN63 requiring ALAC involvement
b. Follow Up Actions
13. Initial discussion of ICANN64 - Maureen Hilyard and Gisella Gruber (15 minutes)
a. Travel Policy Update and Discussion with Constituency Travel (7 minutes)
b. Follow up of suggestions for ICANN64 from ICANN63 Development Session
i. Staff to prepare a policy brief before each ICANN Public Meeting with the aim of identifying the key policy items (paragraph /up to one page) and At-Large message on these issues
ii. At-Large public meetings to be 80:20 (issues : administration) to prioritize substantive issues going forward.
iii. Staff to ensure titles of At-Large sessions to include the substantive topic being discussed (Not just "At-Large Leadership Session #1")
iv. Staff to ensure individual name tags should have an end stripe (RALO colors?) to make them more visible when people want to speak.
v. Staff to ensure an annual CPWG workshop to be held at an ICANN Public meeting. Interested members of At-Large as well as Fellows and NextGen to be invited. (Which Meeting: Community Forum, Policy Forum or AGM?)