You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 3 Next »

1) Your Name:

Michael R. Graham

Picture/Image:
(Instructions: Click in the field to the right to open up the text input window. Then click the <Insert> menu button, select <Image>, then choose (or browse) to locate an image file (e.g., JPG, PNG, BMP) from your local computer to upload. After insertion, please click on the picture and adjust the size to no larger than 200 pixels).

2) Stakeholder Group:Commercial

3) Constituency:

Intellectual Property (IPC)

4) ICANN Affiliation (if not covered by item 2 or 3):

5) Please identify your current employer(s):

Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP

6) Please identify your current position(s):

Partner

7) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:

I am a lawyer practicing in the areas of intellectual property law. My practice involves most areas of intellectual property law except patents, and includes: domestic and international trademark clearance, registration and protection; copyright and domain name clearance, registration and protection; licensing and sale of intellectual property; litigation in U.S. federal courts and administrative proceedings in the United States Patent and Trademark Office; website user agreements, DMCA and Privacy policy development and postings; and general counseling relating to intellectual property. I assist clients in selecting trademarks, prosecuting registration, and enforcing rights. My practice includes substantial amounts of work relating to domain name registration, challenges, and acquisition, and counselling clients in regard to the development of online intellectual property policies. Since 1996 I have been active in assisting clients in regard to domain names and copyright protection on the Internet.

8) Please identify your declared country of primary residence (e.g., country to which you pay taxes):

USA

9) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:

I do not have any personal financial ownership of or interest in any registries, registrars, or other parties interested in ICANN policy, nor do I hold any management, senior management or leadership positions in any such companies.

10) Do you believe you are participating in the GNSO policy process as a representative of any individual or entity, whether paid or unpaid?

Yes
If the answer is “Yes,” please provide the name of the represented individual or entity. (If professional ethical obligations prevent you from disclosing this information, please enter "Private"):I am participating in the GNSO policy process as a representative of the Intellectual Property Constituency on a voluntary basis, as well as participating on a personal basis.
11) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions: 

a) Do you have any type of material interest in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes?

Yes

If the answer is “yes,” please describe the material interest in ICANN GNSO policy development processes and outcomes:

As part of my practice, I counsel clients in regard to their trademark, copyright, and domain name portfolios and matters. I also advise them regarding ICANN policy and domain name registration and dispute policy matters. I have counselled several clients regarding participating in the new gTLD program, and preparations for the Trademark Clearinghouse and other means for protecting their trademarks and intellectual property in the domain name space and on the internet.

b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?

Yes

If the answer is “yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):

With regard to my participation in policy development process activities, including on the Consumer Metrics working group, I confer with members of the Intellectual Property Constituency and the Internet Committee of the International Trademark Association to ensure that their interests are represented.

12) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):

• Consumer Metrics working group (CCI)

13) Additional Information (optional):

14) Page last revised:

15-Mar-2014

===========================

SOI Template v5 (6 Feb 2014)

• No labels
For comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: ICANN Policy Department
© 2015 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers