You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 5 Next »

Name : Caleb Ogundele

Current Seat I'm holding:  Membership Committee Chair

Position applied for:  Outreach and Engagement Coordinator

Affiliation:  African Academic Network on Internet Policy (AANOIP)

Why you are running for the position?:

It is very important to connect with members who are stakeholders for growth . Engaging with other stakeholders and varied interests within the ICANN community to understand the work that NPOC does with the view of serving as a more vocal voice of reasoning and logic during engagements with other communities within and beyond ICANN

Additionally, the bedrock of the GNSO which NPOC is part of is the policy and public comments for the Not-for-Profit Orgs. I have participated in a couple of draft documents used to engage within the NCSG and NPOC. As part of these efforts, I have tried to stimulate interest of our members while communicating with members by calling their attention to public comments that they can participate in and contribute to.

During my tenure as Communication Chair, I have had the privilege of working with the Executive Team and the NPOC community to achieve some notable accomplishments. We successfully revamped our website, ensuring a user-friendly experience and mobile responsiveness. We also implemented a regular newsletter to keep our members informed. These achievements were made possible through the dedication and collaboration of our team.

As Outreach and Engagement Coordinator, I am committed to building upon our progress and achieving even greater heights within the ICANN community. It is crucial for NPOC to have a strong and vibrant engaged membership base, and I believe in connecting with stakeholders and fostering understanding of NPOC's work. I aim to serve as a vocal voice of reason and logic during engagements with other communities within and beyond ICANN.

In addition to my involvement within NPOC, I have actively participated in policy development and public comment processes within the GNSO and NCSG. I have also undertaken outreach efforts to engage non-profit and civil society domain owners, promoting the benefits of participation in ICANN and NPOC. These experiences have reinforced my belief in the power of bottom-up consensus and the importance of member engagement.

Recently, during a major internet governance meeting in my region, I and another member of the NPOC Excom carried out outreach to engage Not-for-Profit, Civil Society domain owners who previously never had a clear understanding of what they stand to benefit in participating in ICANN and by extension NPOC. This was done through a panel session and the distribution of promotional materials of NPOC.

I strongly believe that if elected once again as your Outreach and Engagement Coordinator my work within the leadership of the NPOC will reflect actionable outcomes, an increase in NPOC’s membership activities, member’s quarterly “ask-your-executives anything” sessions, educational webinars as well as outreach and engagements that serves all member’s interest.

I represent diversity, age, and regional wise, and with the support of members, they will continue to experience a bottom-up approach consensus to DNS Policy engagement with a focus on realizing the ICANN's multistakeholder PDP missions.

Additionally, I am also active within regional affiliations such as AFRINIC, ISOC, ISOC-NG Chapter, Nigerian IGF MAG and AFRALO and currently in a couple of working groups within ICANN. 

You can learn more about my professional career here

Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?: No

How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position: 5+ hours

Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if so please state: CIPWG and an Active member of the NCSG Policy Committee

Please find a link to more information about me [bit.ly]: https://bit.ly/calebogundele [bit.ly]

Thank you for your support over the years and looking forward to more engagement. 

• No labels
    For comments, suggestions, or technical support concerning this space, please email: ICANN Policy Department
    © 2015 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers