Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Andrea Glandon:Welcome to the At-Large Review Implementation Working Group call held on Tuesday, 06 November 2018 at 04:00 UTC.
  Andrea Glandon:Wiki Agenda Page: https://community.icann.org/x/9w68BQ
  Ricardo Holmquist:Good day everyone
  Andrea Glandon:Welcome, Ricardo!
  Amrita:Hi All 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Just wrong OCL  70 and 10
  Evin Erdogdu:Hello all!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):@Maureen your volume is just a tad low compared to the other voices - perhaps a volume adjust?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):ok
  Heidi Ullrich:The agenda has been revised. Please refresh the link at: https://community.icann.org/display/ALRW/2018-11-06+At-Large+Review+Implementation+Working+Group+Call
  Evin Erdogdu: Draft ARIWG Milestone Report 1: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1uuw-2DEGNinLw-2D-5FIMwDrh5TUHE-5Fxns2zXp8YySrg2TxrA_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=k7uKdjSb7_ZjItyVqrCYHo_rKms9SFxlmbYEJqG-y9I&m=BctCU806Nw2utAQo2sPV1zZIteRDMUKIHzp-xB5x6V0&s=wc6Hl9bUxK4NMqnh8-k1y9t102g2CyNV_RNezTFQ1Qg&e=
  Lianna Galstyan:Hi everyone 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):YES  PLEASE!!!!
  Holly Raiche:agree
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):ditch it
  Jonathan Zuck:sorry, microphone not working. we can take all the text out. I've reached out to staff to workon real impolementation points
  Heidi Ullrich:Perhaps a summary of the comments as agreed by all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):I'll wait ;-0 I am getting good at that :-)
  Alan Greenberg:Volunteer driven!  Staff implemented.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Correct AG
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):go to Heidi next
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Cheryl is absolutely clear
  Andrea Glandon:The interpreters are having a hard time
  Heidi Ullrich:Please note AIs from the Development Session : A policy brief is to be prepared before each ICANN Public Meeting with the aim of identifying the key policy items (paragraph /up to one page) and At-Large message on these issues.Global content to be prepared for newsletters (and placed in RALO newsletters. Work toward a global newsletter to be produced quarterly focused on policy issues for end users and be translated into FR/ES.Monthly brief podcasts/videos to be produced on policy by CPWG co-chairs. Posted on At-Large Youtube and ICANN Learn.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):I was saying that a mere top  of the hill view noting that much has beedn already undertaken in this matter (mention CPWG new methodologies etc.,.) is suitabe here
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Also the nexus woth other issues
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Yes Heidi can even be bullet points is needs be
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):So AG what would you put in under ARIWG Comments   [leave blank]???
  Alan Greenberg:"We're chugging along!"  or leave blank.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):that is in keeping woth what we have all just said AG in a KISS approach  Noting any nexus is important IMO here though 
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):But someone has to do it
  Jonathan Zuck:are we still on item 1?
  Alan Greenberg:@CLO, yes, but is it 10 weeks worth?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):depends how efficient they are / who they are
  Marita Moll:could we have some control of the screen?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):bring in a newbie then perhaps... run within existing staffe expertise, I doubt but perhaps staff can better state the expectation(s)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Marita we are looking at Evins screen
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):(or we were
  Heidi Ullrich:@Marita, Evin is sharing her screen so you won't be able to scroll. 
  Marita Moll:Okay, thanks
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):no not needed for this point
  Justine Chew:@Marita: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1uuw-2DEGNinLw-2D-5FIMwDrh5TUHE-5Fxns2zXp8YySrg2TxrA_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=k7uKdjSb7_ZjItyVqrCYHo_rKms9SFxlmbYEJqG-y9I&m=BctCU806Nw2utAQo2sPV1zZIteRDMUKIHzp-xB5x6V0&s=wc6Hl9bUxK4NMqnh8-k1y9t102g2CyNV_RNezTFQ1Qg&e=
  Justine Chew:@Evin, please delete text in brown in 1st row ie (JC:........correctly)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):this doc is the proposed Dec report to the OEC with implementation plan/timeline etc.,   as per this Resolution...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):(2018.06.23.14), the Board directs the ALAC to work with ICANN organization to include expected budgetary implication for each of the implementation steps into its detailed implementation plan. The implementation plan shall incorporate a phased approach that allows for easy-to-implement and least costly improvements to be implemented first, with those items with more significant budget implications addressed via subsequent budget cycles. Any budgetary requests should be made in line with ICANN organization's budgeting processes. The detailed implementation plan shall be submitted to the Board as soon as possible, but no later than six (6) months after the adoption of this resolution.
  Justine Chew:I have a very bad connection today - audio is in and out so I can't really follow what's being said. Can someone send me an AI? Bastiaan's role?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):This needs to be a detailed budget based implementation plan  not a report per se
  Alan Greenberg:Justine, remind me to send you the results of the ALS criteria and expectation work we did several years ago.
  Justine Chew:@Alan: okay
  Alan Greenberg:#3 is a 1-2 year item. We will not know all of the staff implications until we start working in ernest on the other items and particularly #2
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):but it would not/could not add up to more than an FTE
  Alan Greenberg:Our numbers could add up to more. Depends if we only want to dream in technicolour, or also 3D
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):but there are staffng limitations we need to operate in as well
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):so it is hard boundaries 
  Alan Greenberg:I think that is what I said!
  Holly Raiche:@ CLo - yes, the challenges to get additional staff was made clear by Xavier in Barcelona so there are clear limitations
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):nope
  Justine Chew:Look for green-coloured issues?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):and the OEC do not know all this at all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):assume nothing more than a critical scan from some readers mostly looking for specific things like any budget implecations etc.,
  Heidi Ullrich:From the Development Session for this item: At-Large public meetings to be 80:20 to prioritize substantive going forward.Titles of At-Large sessions to include the substantive topic being discussed (Not just At-Large leadership session #1)Individual name tags should have an end stripe (RALO colors?) to make them more visible when people want to speakAn annual CPWG workshop to be held at an ICANN Public meeting. Interested members of At-Large as well as Fellows and NextGen to be invited.Call for authors for blogs to be sent by staff on behalf of John Laprise. (Volunteers: Marita,    ) Topics to be on current substantive issues.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Yes the WG's page needed a major update  (still does??)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):some went back to ATLAS 1 WG's
  Shreedeep Rayamajhi:i agree with alann
  Alan Greenberg:Look at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge.icann.org_get-2Dinvolved&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=k7uKdjSb7_ZjItyVqrCYHo_rKms9SFxlmbYEJqG-y9I&m=BctCU806Nw2utAQo2sPV1zZIteRDMUKIHzp-xB5x6V0&s=agI9g-yGDn4rDHPpwqTDOY76fdNRqh1AKbY3_kfJiWg&e=.
  Maureen Hilyard:Evin - can you transfer these late comments by Ricardo onto Issue 7
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):The 'ïssue is' (pardon the pun, your still all too  focussed on the Ïssue"not the "Final Proposal as approved by the Board" secion
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):the latter is what we need to implement!!!!
  Alan Greenberg:ALS Criteria and expectations. APRALO RoP Review BCEC BMSPC Captioning pilot IDN Policy New meeting strategy AASC
  Alan Greenberg:I could go on. NONE of those should be on the list of things we advertise.
  Alan Greenberg:Under "Get Involved"
  Alan Greenberg:We "archived" some of these, but then left them in the advertisement!
  Amrita: The way social media is developing in terms of features, the training and learning would be ongoing 
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:sorry why did we skip over 11?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):NO!!!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Because it is not one of the 8 Priorities 
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:ok thx Cheryl
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:I have missed several iterations of this process as I was not in the Barcelona session
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:hence being a little lost, I must admit
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):same here OCL, but please note my comments on all this in the GDoc Exec Sumarry that aims to assist in this matter
  Jonathan Zuck:Happy to be on the metrics commitee when it reforms
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3)::-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):Want to Co-Chair it with me JZ?
  Justine Chew:When will Metrics WG get going?
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:thanks @Cheryl I'll look at that
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):I am the current Chair/  so love to work in metricks with you again :-)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):argh !!! typos abound
  Jonathan Zuck:happy to Cheryl
  Heidi Ullrich:on 13, if staff had a list of exactly what info was to be posted on a single website, we could create that very quickly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):yes Hedid a type of portal page
  Heidi Ullrich:It seems it is only a collection of existing web/wk links
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):or dashboard
  Alan Greenberg:Heidi, it is a pointer to the crop pages and for GA/ATLAS. What other travel funding do we have?
  Heidi Ullrich:RALO Discretionary Funding
  Alan Greenberg:OK, add that. And links to reports. and who has received funding. Oh, and to the Const Trav reports as well.
  Alan Greenberg:It's a few days work (including identifying parts that are probably not even there regarding reports)
  Heidi Ullrich:@Maureen, will the Board doc only include the 8 priority templates - with a brief summary of the other 5? 
  Alan Greenberg:Note that metrics related to ATLAS is measuring BENEFITS of holding it, not just leading up to it.
  Heidi Ullrich:Three issues (12, 14 and 15) will be focused upon as applicable but there is no immediate ongoing activity.
  Heidi Ullrich:so templates for the 8 and brief summaries for the 5 + 3? 
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:@Maureen: with your permission I'll lie down on my bed and meditate about #11
  Holly Raiche:@ OCL - just because it's early
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3)::-)
  Jonathan Zuck:and we appreciate it!
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:Yrjö & Sébastien too!
  Shreedeep Rayamajhi:thankk you all
  Marita Moll:And Marita still in Europs
  Andrea Glandon:Tuesday, 13 November 2018 at 19:00 UTC for the next meeting.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):If needs be' I can
  Ricardo Holmquist:@OCL: and Ricardo
  Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:sorry Ricardo I forgot you are in "our" part of the world :-)
  Amrita:Thank you all and Happy Diwali from India
  Jonathan Zuck:Thank you and goodnight!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (@clo3):I can Chair next week
  Ricardo Holmquist:bye everyone
  Heidi Ullrich:Bye!
  Lianna Galstyan:thanks and bye
  Harold Arcos:thanks all,,,bye everyone
  Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl... thank you thank you...