Apologies: Ayden Férdeline (NCSG), Emily Taylor (RrSG), Chris Disspain (ICANN Board Liaison),
Alternates: Tatiana Tropina (NCSG), Lindsay Hamilton-Reid (RrSG)
Notes/ Action Items
EPDP Meeting #15 Notes
Thursday, 20 September 2018
Notes and Action Items
These high-level notes are designed to help the EPDP Team navigate through the content of the call and are not meant as a substitute for the transcript and/or recording. The MP3, transcript, and chat are provided separately and are posted on the wiki at: https://community.icann.org/x/2IpHBQ.
1. Roll Call & SOI Updates (2 minutes)
2. Welcome and Updates from EPDP Team Chair (5 minutes)
3. Review and discuss draft agenda for EPDP meeting in Los Angeles (30 min)
EPDP Team feedback on agenda:
Action Item 1: ICANN support staff to distribute Thomas and Farzaneh's matrix.
Action Item 2: Capture Alex's methodology and distribute via email.
Action Item 3: Reach out to ICANN org and note the request for active participation from EPDP ICANN Org liaisons and ICANN compliance staff during the F2F.
Action Item 4: Leadership team to further refine the F2F agenda based on today’s feedback, including adding a column for UTC times.
4. Continue with purposes matrix to complete discussion of purposes §§4.4.11 – 4.4.13. (30 min)
Action Item 5: Leadership team to draft §4.4.12 based on today’s EPDP team feedback.
5. Introduction to Appendix A (30 minutes)
Elements of Appendix A are on the agenda for the Los Angeles meeting, so an introduction of the key areas is required.
a) Relevant charter questions:
f1) Should there be any changes made to registrant data that is required to be redacted? If so, what data should be published in a freely accessible directory?
f2) Should standardized requirements on registrant contact mechanism be developed?
f3) Under what circumstances should third parties be permitted to contact the registrant, and how should contact be facilitated in those circumstances?
b) Key topics are Appendix A §§2-4.
Action item 6: ICANN Support Team to make an index of all of the google docs the team is using.
c) Note feedback already received on Appendix A input document
6. Confirm action items and questions for ICANN Org, if any (5 minutes)
7. Wrap and confirm next meeting to be scheduled for Monday, 23 September at 15.30 UTC at ICANN Los Angeles.