This is a technical group to study how to employ the Root Zone Label Generation Rules (RZ-LGR) for the Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) country code top-level domains (ccTLDs) and IDN generic top-level domains (gTLDs). Tentative topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Validation of future TLDs using RZ-LGR
- Definition of variant TLDs and their disposition based on RZ-LGR
- Whether policy could further reduce allocatable variant TLDs
- Variant label states and transition between them
- Adherence to variant set defined by RZ-LGR
- Use of RZ-LGR on reserved IDN labels
- When should RZ-LGR be implemented in the TLD application process - as a pre-condition on the string?
- Implications on TLD applications for strings in scripts not integrated in the RZ-LGR
- Harmonized use of RZ-LGR across IDN TLDs, including IDN gTLDs and IDN ccTLDs
- Remaining requirements of security and stability evaluation of future IDN TLD applications by the DNS Stability Panel after employing RZ-LGR
- A secure, stable, and objective process to resolve cases in which some members of the community (e.g., an applicant for a TLD) do not agree with the result of the RZ-LGR calculations
- Does RZ-LGR need to be consulted in the objection and dispute processes for TLD applications?
- Are there any technical challenges on activating/delegating an additional allocatable variant label withheld initially, after the primary label or some of its allocatable variant labels are already delegated?
|16 April 2018||RZ-LGR-SG Meeting 20180416.pdf||RZ-LGR-SG-20180416.mp3|
|5 April 2018||RZ-LGR-SG Meeting 20180405.docx||RZ-LGR-SG-20180405.mp3|
The study group is being formed. The following members have volunteered so far following the Call for Experts to Study the Application of Root Zone Label Generation Rules.
|4||Dennis Tan Tanaka||Verisign||GNSO|
|5||Mirjana Tasic||.rs and .срб||ccNSO|
|9||Dessalegn Yehuala||Addis Ababa Univ. and Ethiopic Generation Panel|