Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

November 2017 

EURALO’s October 2017  Secretariat report is focused majorly on the events that took place at ICANN60 meeting in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) between 28 October and 3rd November 2017.  In addition, this report highlights One of such is the European At-Large Organization Organization (EURALO) - Réseaux IP Européens (RIPE) Memorandum of Understanding signing ceremony. Also, discussion about the preparation for the upcoming regional's internet related policy -based events, as well as outreach activities across the Europe, and those include the discussions; the United Nations' Internet Governance Forum (IGF) which will take place in Geneva, Switzerland between 18 - 22 December 2017. 

*EURALO - RIPE MoU Signing Ceremony at ICANN60 Meeting, Abu Dhabi,  1st November 2017

According to the EURALO Chair, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond said, in his email to the EURALO members: 

Wednesday 1st November 2017 was a historical day as EURALO signed a cooperation agreement (MoU) with Réseaux IP Européens (RIPE), the Regional Internet Registry...
This will allow for more cooperation between the RIPE community focusing on allocation of IP addresses, and the region's At-Large Community. At this stage we are opening the door to making European users more aware of the work that RIPE does, whilst opening a channel for end user feedback to RIPE. 

I thanked the people and At-Large Structures that were physically present at the 29 March 2007 signing of the EURALO MoU with ICANN. That was the very beginning of our region's coordination.

But one person in particular deserves our strongest appreciation and thanks, and that's Wolf Ludwig. He held EURALO together for so many years. He did all of the groundwork, with colleagues in the region, to make sure EURALO was a Founding Partner of EuroDIG, in effect, the European IGF. He constantly made EURALO significant on so many levels, both inside ICANN and in outside Internet Governance circles. Wolf is a key architect of this organisation.
On a personal note Wolf is also one of my mentors at ICANN. When I initially got involved at ICANN, Wolf suggested that I'd be EURALO's IPv6 "expert" - and that step was the first step into all of the different positions that I held in this organisation and his welcoming attitude allowed me to
be updatedhave all the wonderful experiences that I have lived so far in this amazing organisation.

The signing ceremony was followed by photographs and these can be view here RIPE - EURALO MOU