Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the APRALO History Project Call on Tuesday, 17 October 2017 at 04:30 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_PpBEB&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=yTMgHwRd2VqVkmXA3RXWElxGp89iIGLcvk2QgejAgMo&s=cdeG2abbY7-TCoeLximPAdB6U6BqR7CdNgUSwzKjC0s&e=

Kaili Kan:My phone: +86-13901178339

Yesim Nazlar:we'll dial-out to you shortly

Satish Babu:Dial-out won't be necessary if the audio works...give me a moment...

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):OK  if it is loud I will try not to project too much then ;-)

Evin Erdogdu:Hello everyone!

Satish Babu:Hi all!

Kaili Kan:try +86-15611313483

Lianna Galstyan:Hi all

Kaili Kan:according to evidence provided by Cheryl (attached), I have changed the accreditation date of "The Arab International Society for Management Technology (AKMS)" to "2003-10-3*".

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Have you reached out to Maureen she may be distracted editing the E Book?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):email her

Satish Babu:Kelvin as well.

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Kelvin thanks for joining

Kelvin Wong:Hi Silvia, and all!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Excellent  to capture Rinalia

Evin Erdogdu:Looking forward! :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):did you manage to lilne up Dennis Michele?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Dennises

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ergh typo

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Dennise

Ariel Liang:I contacted Dennis but she didn't reply...

Ariel Liang:I will contact her again

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):via her FB address?

Ariel Liang:yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):OK

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and capture some images  in that session  Satish

Silvia Vivanco:APRALO GA 1: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_APRALO_GENERAL-2BASSEMBLY-2BABU-2BDHABI-2B2017-2BPROGRAM-2BSUB-2BCOMMITTEE&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=yTMgHwRd2VqVkmXA3RXWElxGp89iIGLcvk2QgejAgMo&s=14aPPbNSzwisODf3fRFrHArZLxpt3LPc2HNpjlB02FI&e=

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):happy to comply with that Satish

Silvia Vivanco:Very good idea Satish

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I need to be back in the GNSO room ASAP that time slot

Lianna Galstyan:sounds very good

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Maureen!

Maureen Hilyard:Sorry Im late..

Evin Erdogdu:Welcome, Maureen!

Satish Babu:I think 3 min looks short and crisp.

Kaili Kan:Welcome, Maureen!

Maureen Hilyard:Hi all

Silvia Vivanco:I agree Satish

Evin Erdogdu:Some examples: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DJekskAw8Z0g&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=yTMgHwRd2VqVkmXA3RXWElxGp89iIGLcvk2QgejAgMo&s=ZS1gZuUlUPsoW9GK5aVryo3gH56LAYvVf4du42WEKCo&e= / https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3Dlwo2z3Tpodw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=yTMgHwRd2VqVkmXA3RXWElxGp89iIGLcvk2QgejAgMo&s=CF8aJuhhA7KQ6HJSyZ8DbsOBq7JVEzPlR2giuetDgZQ&e= / https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DcLuNOB6rtx8&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=yTMgHwRd2VqVkmXA3RXWElxGp89iIGLcvk2QgejAgMo&s=09Q3w7crSwX3vOq9DzcZMGZNwoDFMZlhI0cHP8x_wO4&e=

Nadira:Yes, more than 3min you will loose the audience

Satish Babu:I hope the video will have minimum titling (ie., names of Cheryl and Edmon, APRALO History Project etc)

Ariel Liang:that's right. Comms has a template for the word limitation for interview titles so will be concise

Satish Babu:Great, thanks Ariel. I hope the date will be mentioned as well (so that future users can place the date/occasion).

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):We can always do a couple of short vid captures  fit for purpose

Ariel Liang:@Satish - yes the date should be included in the youtube video

Ariel Liang:and there will be meeting specific logo so they will know the videos were taken at ICANN60

Silvia Vivanco:Ebook: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__online.fliphtml5.com_rvce_oaqj_&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=yTMgHwRd2VqVkmXA3RXWElxGp89iIGLcvk2QgejAgMo&s=TfgbjYii4MJcoghv-GFpf-DGE1-UoiVTJ90fjkyN0i0&e=

Satish Babu:Thanks, that sounds good Ariel.

Lianna Galstyan:The e-book looks great, Maureen! Thanks for putting all that together!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes indeed Good catch Maureen

Kelvin Wong:Sure Maureen :)

Silvia Vivanco:that would be fantastic to include APAC hub input perhaps with Outreach

Silvia Vivanco:stories

Kelvin Wong:We're now called the APAC regional office :)

Kaili Kan:Thank you, Kelvin!  Please notice there is a deadline though ...

Silvia Vivanco:APAC regional office- I stand corrected

Ariel Liang:very nice of your Maureen :)

Ariel Liang:*you

Silvia Vivanco:Very informative materials !

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Have you got something from Izumi Aizu? as well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):audio ???

Kaili Kan:I will help you to get in touch with Hong, Maureen

Silvia Vivanco:when are  you planning to show the E-book?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ok now

Nadira:What about all the other Asian board members like Aisha?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):She has had little if anything to do with APRALO  Nadira

Kaili Kan:Other board members from the region would be nice to be included, but Rinalia is selected by ALAC, so she is special

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):if we add her then you may as well add Bruce Tinkin and Chris Disspain (and I am *not* advocating we shuld ;-(

Yannis Li:APology for joining late

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Tonkin

Lianna Galstyan:Should we write somewhere in the beginning that this is a live history book, an evolving project, which can add new history pages?

Silvia Vivanco:good idea Lianna and that is my question, will this be finished before ICANN 60

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I can fix that ;-)

Lianna Galstyan:I think no, since we plan to have ALSes histories there and we definitely cannot finish that before ICANN 60

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):  can you send it as a G Doc to me ?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):It is shapng up *really well* Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:Will do Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes

Nadira:got that Cheryl to those who are engaged in APRALO

Yannis Li:That's a good idea Satish +1 if that's easy to be changed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Kuo-Wei Wu fits  that way Nadira  ... Yes

Nadira:good point Lianna, to mention it is a live history the because we might have people coming forward asking why they are missed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):a Living History project  can also be more than this one representation of course... a good idea

Kelvin Wong:+1

Maureen Hilyard:On the website.. in the GA section..

Lianna Galstyan:we can show it on the screen in the At-Large booth

Maureen Hilyard:Good idea Lianna.. for anyone else who hasn't got the link already.. Everyone in APRALO will have the link..

Silvia Vivanco:We have an Outreach table and a monitor, so we could put it on screen

Ariel Liang:raising my hand - re Kaili's question

Nadira:Maureen another good idea, is to ask each ALSes to provide their yearly report

Nadira:Thank for this idea

Silvia Vivanco:Maureen dropped

Satish Babu:Audio?

Yannis Li:@Nadira, I think the yearly report will turn out to be loo long

Maureen Hilyard:Definitely Cheryl.. and Nadira.. recording current outreach engagements in their communities

Satish Babu:+1 Yannis....it will be information overload...it would be good if a summary can be provided.

Lianna Galstyan::)

Silvia Vivanco:good point Cheryl

Maureen Hilyard:Or too onerous.. so that someone is having to be working all the time on this project

Nadira:Yannis, the ALSes yearly report is practice on wiki and not on the ebook

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Indeed Maureen  unless ICANN employs an archivist  of course

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Indeed Nadira

Maureen Hilyard:@Ariel.. Yes great idea in the Outreach section or something

Lianna Galstyan:If we get updates from our ALSes about their outreach activities, we can have volumes to this general book, like Volume 2018, etc.

Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl.. an archivist.. that would be great! For APRALO it could be full time :))

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and that as a self edited space in our wiki would allow for running udates by ALSes if they so desire

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes I am there in the back row!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):red hat on ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):A collage  is a good idea though  Satish  yes

Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl.. yes we need to encourage self-publishing.. but in one place- an annual chunk - rather than separate ALS pages

Lianna Galstyan:I'm not on that pic :(

Maureen Hilyard:I didn't want to make the cover page too busy because the inside is pretty busy!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):even an e-book should have a date /publishing details  ;-)

Ariel Liang:old hand (couldn't put it down while sharing screen)

Ariel Liang:sorry

Silvia Vivanco:correct Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):A new group pic will be fine as cover and this one can get a spot along a baseline somewhere I suspect Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:Friday is my cut off date.. because I don't have any further time to work on it after that!!

Silvia Vivanco:you read my mind Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:Any new pics etc must be in to me by then..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):We need copies of any docs and images etc.,  tied to this repository ...correct  Satish

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):it can happen later  

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and types of documents  need to be searchable  . so there may be document official and informal, iages official and informal as well as video and audio  (MP# etc., files  for any number of meetings or occasions in our Hx

Satish Babu:Maureen, I suggest we leave the cover design to ICANN60...Glenn also would be there to help us...

Maureen Hilyard:@Satish.. that is true about the links.. but the depository linked to the ebook could expand all the links and store them all in one place

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes there are ways around things these days

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):A wiki is however a reat tool to uild a repository out of :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):OK

Silvia Vivanco:Next week staff will be in Abu Dhabi

Nadira:Thank you Kaili Maureen and all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):what day do you all or those of you who are with us  land then

Lianna Galstyan:Skype is fine

Silvia Vivanco:Thursday 19 APRALO call

Silvia Vivanco:we can use the same call

Silvia Vivanco:or add 1/2 hr before?

Maureen Hilyard:What suits you Satish.. we could do a final project call and add it to the APRALO meeting.. involving ALSes as well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):audiio?

Satish Babu:Sure, Maureen...we could do that.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):audio keeps dropping for me Sorry

Maureen Hilyard:Not too long on policy - only two topics this month

Satish Babu:Ok, then that should be fine.

Yannis Li:Support to fold it into APRALO call too

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):sure

Lianna Galstyan:60 min

Silvia Vivanco:same call noted

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Bye for now then...  Talk again soon...

Satish Babu:Thanks Kaili and Maureen for all the work!

Kelvin Wong:Bye all!

Yannis Li:Bye everyone

Lianna Galstyan:thanks and bye

Evin Erdogdu:Goodbye!

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all

Ariel Liang:thanks all

Silvia Vivanco:tty on Thursday

Silvia Vivanco:bye for now