• Formatting was changed.

Nominee

Nominated By/Supported By

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement (EOI)Result Term to Serve
Olawale Bakare
  • Self nomination

Sept 7

I hereby write to apply for the position EURALO Secretariat, to help the EURALO board, its members achieving the aims and purposes of promoting the ICANN's mission and individual European Internet users as relating to civil liberties, internet policy decision making and involvement in internet governance, as in the realm of ICANN.  

I have a considerable amount of experience, which I believed will make me successful in the position of EURALO Secretariat. In the past two years, I have been working as a Board member of the EURALO’s Individual Users Association, responsible for the fulfillment of the Association’s mission of creating a home for every individual internet user resident in the European region. The experience gained as a Board member would be useful for the role EURALO Secretariat, as well as help achieve the aims and objectives of the organization.

In addition, I understand that the Secretariat position entails working with other EURALO Board members, EURALO ALSes, At-Large community, ALAC as well as ICANN organization and other multi-stakeholder community members.

However, my passion, enthusiasm and the ability to get things done effectively, conscientiously as well, I got the ability to integrate efficiency to help and continuously improving EURALO’s processes and procedures, be it within the At-large community and/or ALAC.

Aside from that, I understand the multiculturalism of ICANN community, its sine qua non to the success of achieving ICANN’s mission and core values; will ensure that people’s views and suggestions are respected and presented as when needed.

More so, I have also been participating in At-Large tasks such as the Working Part group; I am a member of CCWG- Accountability subgroup of Jurisdiction and Transparency.

I have an excellent understanding of ICANN’s policy mission for the stable, secure and sustain operation of the internet's unique identifier systems. I have got experience working in both public and private sectors in the UK.

My academic experience includes the Master's degree certificate earned in Embedded Computer Systems Engineering from the Northumbria University Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Other relevant qualifications include Certificate in Project Initiation and Planning from the University of California, Irvine, US; Certificate in Project Management from the Institute of Leadership and Management, UK.

Won by acclamationAGM 2017- AGM 2019