Welcome to the RDAPPilot project
pilot program community wiki space!
This community wikispaces
space is for the ICANN community to collaborate on a voluntary pilot program for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) implementation. RDAP enables users to access current registration data and was created as a replacement for the WHOIS protocol.
The goal of this pilot program isfor gTLD registries and registrars and the ICANN organization to work together to develop a baseline profile (or profiles) to guide implementation, establish an implementation target date, and develop a plan for the implementation of a
to test upcoming features of the upcoming production RDAP service. The pilot programis expected to start
started on 5 September 2017and conclude on 31 July 2018
All participants in the pilot program are encouraged to provide feedback by subscribing to the gTLD Tech mailing list. Registries and registrars must also complete the "Join the RDAP pilot" form below. Interested pilot users can view the list of RDAP pilot participants at the link below.
25 April 2019 - The working group published RDAP Pilot Report published
27 February 2019 - gTLD registries and registrars are required to implement an RDAP service by 26 August 2019
17 May 2018 - Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data that requires RDAP has been published
23 August 2018 – The Board of Directors of the ICANN voted to reaffirm the “Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data.”
31 August 2018 - Proposed RDAP Profile was posted for Public Comment along with a set of documents that represent a step forward in the community's work on the RDAP.
ResourcesFAQs on the RDAP Pilot program - Click here
- Mailing list for the RDAP pilot: Click here to join the mailing list for community discussion → https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/gtld-tech.
This space is currently under construction. An announcement will be made and registries and registrars will be contacted when it is ready to use. to be deleted when launch.
What you can do and where you can find it
- Join the RDAP Pilot - Click here to access a form to enter the information for your RDAP pilot -> Join the RDAP Pilot
- View the list of RDAP Pilots - Click here to see the list of participants and their pilot projects → The List of RDAP Pilots
- Certificate Authorities, Registries, and Registrars: Click here to complete the form to join the RDAP pilot → Join the RDAP pilot (This wiki page is available only to those with an ICANN community wiki account. Please email email@example.com if you would like an account on the ICANN community wiki.)
- Community: Click here to view the list of RDAP pilot participants and their pilot projects → List of RDAP pilot participants
- FAQs about the RDAP pilot program: Click here to see the Frequently Asked Questions
- about the RDAP
- pilot program → FAQs
- Reference documents
- : Click here to view the list of
- documents related to the RDAP
Recent space activity