Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Sub-group Members:  Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Jorge Villa, Kavouss Arasteh, Sebastien Bachollet, Stephen Deerhake, Steve DelBianco

ICANN organization:  Nathalie Vergnolle, Yvette Guigneaux  (Captioning - Bonnie & Jamie)

Apologies:  Alan Greenberg, Greg Shatan, Herb Waye

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

0. Call Admin and Roll Call / Apologies (2min-CLO)  Apologies 

1. Welcome-Opening Remarks: Our aim and purpose for today's call (3-5 min-CLO)

2. Review (brief) of last meeting records here and any Action Items (5-10 min- SDB, FB) 

• SDB and FB to update document per comments for next meeting.

Refer our Google Doc and any list interaction on changes to draft text. 

3. Primary Agenda Item - Discussion (25-35 min FB, CLO)

• Based upon the finalisation of our review of Public Comment documentation, this meeting will begin the consideration of any amendments to our recommendations and Final Report for CCWG consideration in September Plenary 

Please see  this Document[docs.google.com] for reference on this item (to be displayed in the call) 

4.  Next Steps. Standing Item - (5 min- CLO)

• · - CCWG still need to FINALLY determine if any changes to our report are significant or not.
    - If significant changes are recommended, CCWG-Accountability WS2 may require a second public consultation. We however do *not* believe this will be the case.
    - If changes are (as we predict) not significant, CCWG-Accountability WS2 can forward final recommendations to Chartering Organizations for approval, and then to the ICANN Board for consideration and adoption. Noting the timeline and Key milestone dates:- This will require that we lodge or Final Report by Sept 20th for consideration by the CCWG Plenary at our meeting on September  27th.

5.  AOB / Meeting Schedule (5 min- CLO)

September Dates: (if required)

• Thursday 7th @ 1300 UTC
  • Thursday 14th @1900 UTC

Raw Captioning Notes

Disclaimer: This rough edit transcript, which may contain missing, misspelled or paraphrased words, is only provided for your immediate
review and is not certified as verbatim and is not to be cited in any way. 

Documents Presented 

DRAFT- redline from Plenary version 1.pdf

Chat Transcript

Yvette Guigneaux: (8/30/2017 21:34) Hi All and welcome to the SOAC Accountability Subgroup Meeting #31 | 31 Aug 2017 @ 05:00 UTC!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:46) Hi Yvette, Hi Jamie

Yvette Guigneaux: (21:47) hi there Cheryl, how are you?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:47) Weary, (more thn usual it seems

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:47) but never mind

Yvette Guigneaux: (21:48) we still need to dial out to you yes?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:48) Bonnie  when I get into the audio link (YES lpease Yvette)  I want to make sure sme minor BG noise is not interfeering with your ability t hear me clearly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:49) Hello Kavouss

Bonnie-CART: (21:50) Hi, Cheryl!  Ready to test when you are.

Kavouss Arasteh: (21:50) Hello commander in chief

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:50) I can auto dial now Yvette  One moment we can test my audio

Kavouss Arasteh: (21:52) Commander, here we are still in sleeping mode

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:52) Sleeping mode would be a luxury Kavouss

Yvette Guigneaux: (21:52) good to go on audio Cheryl

Yvette Guigneaux: (21:52) Kavouss - we are dialing out to you right now

Yvette Guigneaux: (21:52) and good day to you as well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:53) No a young "assistant"  my 27m old granddaughter

Kavouss Arasteh: (21:53) Having you piloting the operation ,every one would be in luxtrzuy condition

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:54) LO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:54) LOL

Kavouss Arasteh: (21:54) Sorry luxtrury

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:54) I understood

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:57) Welcome Seb  I was worried only Kavouss and I had arrived

Sebastien (ALAC): (21:57) Hello Cheryl

Sebastien (ALAC): (21:58) I will not complain about the timing to you (it is usaly worse for you than for me) but it is early in Europe

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:59) I appreciate the effort

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:59) Phew STeve  gld your hear

Sebastien (ALAC): (21:59) Hello Kavous

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:59) here 

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:00) nOT AT ALL Ssebastiien, It is not awlways worse or her? why worse , give an example  of that  worse time

Steve DelBianco: (22:00) Natalie and Yvetter -- do you have the redline PDF I circulated yesterday?

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:00) yes - i believe its uploaded to the room

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:01) this one work Steve?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:01) perfect  :-)

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:01) yay, ok

Steve DelBianco: (22:01) Yes, Yvette.

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:01) Pls count me once as there are Kavouss and kavouss 2 ,However, currently there is coulooning possible for human being

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:01) ok Steve, we're good to go

Steve DelBianco: (22:02) Kavouss has cloned himself?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:02) One is the AC  and the other the phine dial out,  I am only counting  1 of you

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:02) will do Kavouss

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:03) Dear Chyril you can decide to go but we are only 4 apart from co rapporteurs

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:08) Today will be a 'read through of the few instances of uodates agreed to be made to the report

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:08) YES please  excellent

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:08) on screen

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:08) scrolling available

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:09) Steve, may we go to changes of non editorial nature

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:09) Most of the edits you see in this redline are of course only formatting  but we  will go through the non format edits  yes Kavouss

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:11) Sebastien has a hand up

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:12) new para  point of clarification

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:12) end of page 3

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:12) Steve, If I roperly understood you , you said could or should, but could is an ability term wile should is a moral/optional obligation

Steve DelBianco: (22:13) Agree with your distinction, Kavouss.

Steve DelBianco: (22:13) our recommendation is "could"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:14) ASO  does need to be considered here as we have discovered in other WT's  of course

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:21) On Page 5, "ccNSO (Country Code Names Supporting Committee)" should read "ccNSO (Country Code Names Supporting Organization)"  We are not a "Committee")

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:21) GOOD  catch  Thx  Stephen

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:21) DItto for GNSO description.  They are an "Organization", not a "Committee".

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:22)  not sure why that got missed

Sebastien (ALAC): (22:22) Yes Stephen both ccNSO and gNSO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:25) Alan regrets being unable to attend this call but will be reviewing the records  on his tomorrow

Steve DelBianco: (22:30) thank you, Stephen.   Any other places in addition to p.5?

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:32) I'm looking...  P10 under ccNSO:

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:32) Unwritten" looks problematic....

Steve DelBianco: (22:38) the term "unwritten" appears for each AC/SO/Group, to reflect what we heard about practices that are not documented.

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:40) Yes, if it will be clarified as you mentioned I have no problem but it should indicated by us to the PLENARY

Steve DelBianco: (22:40) I have made the two corrections to "committee" in our draft plenary report

Steve DelBianco: (22:45) We will make that point when communicating our report to the plenary, Kavouss

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:45) if you remember to raise it in a clear manner I have no problem$

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:45) CLO, if I get a pointer to the document to review, I will do so for you...

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:46) 10-4.

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:46) Thank you.

Sebastien (ALAC): (22:46) Thanks Cheryl and Steve and all the participants

Kavouss Arasteh: (22:47) pls confirm that you will raise the point that I MADE AND YOU AGREED TO THE PLENARY

Steve DelBianco: (22:49) Agreed, Kavouss

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:49) Good bye all.  Thank you Cheryl and Steve.

Steve DelBianco: (22:49) Doc is at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1sT6SscZLT7VK2rVFOMPaiK1Qd8vlVLkm0boRX7I8ru0_edit-23&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=xH-QjdbwUoRmaxYazbgpOJB_0nIVedCpt9knwUNJ5xs&s=H25UpU1oA2Qe6o7vPW0nSbUHP9914CYDWDkk_4WBxVg&e=

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:49) THanks everyone!

Yvette Guigneaux: (22:49) copy that, thank you Steve

Bonnie-CART: (22:49) Thank you!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:49) Bye for now...

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:49) Thank you Steve... Will review... and get back to you.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:50) Thanks Stephen  appreciate that...

Stephen Deerhake (.as): (22:50) Fresh eyes and all that ... ;-)