Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Item #Source of RequestDate of RequestAction Item RequestAction OwnerRequest Clarified (link to email archive; date)Anticipated Completion Date

COMPLETED ACTIONS/REQUESTS

Item #Source of RequestDate of RequestAction Item RequestAction OwnerRequest Clarified (link to email archive; date)

Anticipated Completion Date

Completed ResponseCompletion Date
305#49

 

For the priority level definitions add in text "Implementation to begin once any preconditions are met."

ICANN org

email

 

304#48

 

Rec #4 Compliance: Stephanie to provide language update on Paragraph on "Possible Impact of GDPR and Other Applicable Laws "ICANN org

reminder emailNO REPLY
303#48

 

Send out a reminder on call for consensus at the end of this callICANN org

email

 

302#47

 

Operational Input

- All to review and confirm operational input is taken into account in report and recommendations.

All


OVERDUE 

301#47

 

Rec# #11 Common Interface

- ICANN org to follow up with Susan/Volker and see whether these two highlighted questions can be removed

ICANN org

email

 

300#47

 

Rec#10 Privacy/Proxy Services

Issue #1: leave it as is and remove comment.

Alan/ICANN org

email

 

299#47

 

Rec#5-9 Data Accuracy

- Alan to address section issues with Lili

Alan/ICANN org

email

 

298#47

 

Rec#4 Compliance

- Susan to review action items

- Alan to complete action item on paragraph on current situation, and consider GDPR control issues.


Susan

Alan



email

 

297#47

 

Rec#3: Outreach

- Add comment in the public comment tool rather than in the report

ICANN org

done.

 

296#47

 

Single Whois Policy

- p3: "were suspended and later terminated due to the ongoing effort to adress GDPR" (+ remove paragraph afterwards)

- p4: remove dash after "In any event'"

- p4: delete highlighted section

p6: Move four bullet points to "research section", and report "none" under "Recommendations"

Alan/ICANN org

email

 

295#47

 

Strategic Priority

- p6 Alan to clean up wording on p6 "but that was in fact done"

- p9 Alan to update paragraph

- p10: replace most/many with "some"

- p12: add footnote on "soft policy "such as guidance documents, best practices."

- p13: add a note in the report "any timeline mentioned in the report make reference to when the board takes action."

Alan/ICANN org

email

 

294#46

 

Review team members/subject matter experts are invited to

  • review with care their sections in the report (looking for errors, inconsistencies)
  • confirm the section is consistent and tight, by Friday 18 January 2019 23:59 UTC. (Extra day allowed for Stephanie, considering the ePDP meeting)
  • come up with suggestions before plenary call #47 as to how the sections can be cleaned up.
ICANN org

No input received.

 

293#46

 

WHOIS1 Rec #4: ComplianceUnder “Possible Impact GDPR and other applicable laws” Alan to add a paragraph on current situation pointing out the paradox of goodwill vs doing it properly. Add sentence on whether contractual compliance can verify compliance if they can't look at the data.

Alan

email

 

292#46

 

Subgroup 3 - Law Enforcement NeedsJackie to emphasize the "at minimum" sentence in rationale. Replace the "or" at the end of the 4th line with an "and".

ICANN org

Gdoc updated.

 

291#46

 

WHOIS1 Rec #1 - Strategic Priority: R1.3should say "working group" not "Working Group"Review Team

email

290#46

 

WHOIS1 Rec #1 - Strategic Priority: R1.1, R1.2: Implementation section should say "working group" not "Working Group"Review Team

email

 

289#45

 

Alan/Jackie to review and clean up report sections.Alan/Jackie

Done

 

288#44

 

Alan to insert  associated text in new CM.3.Alan

email

 

287#43

 

BY.1: Replace “Eliminate the reference” with “Extend the reference”, add “(which refers to the OECD Guidelines) after “replace section 4.6€(iii) of the ICANN Bylaws.”Review Team

email

 

286#43

 

CM.5: Numbering of recommendation should change to CM.3Review Team

email

 

285#43

 

SG.1: Alan to review body of the report with an eye to section 3.2 of the 2013 RAA.

Alan

email

 

284#43

 

LE.2

  • Add a clause for factoring costs/benefits in this recommendation.
  • Remove “extending” , and add “conducting comparable” in the recommendation.
Review Team

email

 

283#43

 

R11.1:  Language is accepted, with the addition that “should arise” to be changed with “be noted”Review Team

email

 

281#43

 

R10.1 Due to the many changes made to the recommendation, send out an email showing recommendation before and after changes.

Review Team
ICANN org

email

 

280#43

 

R3.2Remove “in light of GDPR-driven changes,”, and remove “effectively” in the original text. Move the reference to GDPR, and other substantial policy changes into the dialogue. Add ”in light of substantial policy changes, ICANN should consider the need for education.”

Review Team

done in gdoc.

 

279#43

 

R1.1 | R1.2: Cathrin/Dmitry to update surrounding text making sure that process will be more active for both ICANN and national stakeholders at least.Cathrin/Dmitry

Done at FtoF#04

 

278#43

 

Draft Report Updates to be completed by 21st of December 2018. Review Team

email

 

277#43

 

CM.5 Clarify in recommendation what a “risk base approach is”. Stephanie provided: “A risk-based approach simply means that you do a risk assessment before you take an action to determine whether it’s really necessary.”

Review Team

email

 

276#43

 

CM.3 Review team to use the GAC term, which is underserved regions, as there are some conflicting views on Global South.

Review Team

email

 

275#43

 

CM.1 Rephrase the recommendation so that the board decide how to best implement this recommendation.

Review Team

email

 

274#43

 

SG.1: Alan to add clarification as well as a reference to the RAA 2013 section 3.2.

Alan

email

 

273#43

 

LE.2

Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations. and to consider he review team’s recommendations.

Review Team

email

 

272#43

 

LE.1

  • Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations.
  • Review this recommendation and specify what we mean by regular, by perhaps clarifying recommendation itself and also adding a little rationale to explain the two reasons that review team see for conducting such surveys and studies, which are, A, to do an ex-ante impact assessment of projected new policies or prepare a review team, or B, to evaluate new policies once they are in place. 
  • Bring the above and survey questions to the EPDP (Alan) and GAC (Cathrin)
Review Team

email

 

271#43

 

Law Enforcement Needs: Clarify what regular refers to in the recommendations, and potentially refine the scope of the envisioned survey so that its purpose is well defined.Review Team

email

 

270#43

 

R4.2 Remove “Sanctions should be applied if significant deficiencies in RDS (WHOIS) data validation or verification are identified.” Or make it clear that we are talking about sanctions that are on the books.

Review Team

email

 

269#43

 

R1.3 Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations. Review Team

email

 

268#43

 

R1.1 | R1.2 

  • Recommendation refers to reports covering all the ongoing legislative initiatives, but in fact, should also identify previous legislative efforts across the globe.
  • Implementation note “review should be implemented as soon as possible and at the latest within 6 months” should be reviewed to factor in section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws where  the ICANN Board has six months within receipt of the final report to consider the review team’s recommendations. 
Review Team

email

 

267#43

 

Instead of trying to assign a high, medium or low priority, describe when RT believes this recommendation should be implemented and what the target completion date should be. Include a description of an ideal completion date recognizing some of the ongoing dependencies, and consideration should be given to resources (costs, community resources) that would be needed.

Review Team

Action item identified on call #49: For the priority level definitions add in text "Implementation to begin once any preconditions are met."

 

266#43

 

Carlton to reword BY.1

Carlton

Version sent via direct email.

 

265#43

 

Objective 5: Safeguarding Registrant Data

  • Reply to I2C comment: “we support compliance with law and support compliance with ICANN contracts.”
  • Reply to BC comment “RT is specifying that they believe ICANN org must be notified of data breaches. Review team is saying use reasonable industry standards in protecting data.”
Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

264#43

 

Susan/Jackie to rework some of the basic language  in this section to lead it up to that recommendation.

Susan/Jackie

Done at FtoF#04

 

263#43

 

LE.2

  • Response to ALAC comment: “The only way that they do that is their results may cause entities to take action which may enhance law enforcement activities. There is no direct connection, it depends on the details. Such enhancements may not be possible.”
  • Response to I2C comment: “regular basis was our best attempt at identifying a group of people who often work in conjunction with law enforcement but not on a formal basis”.
  • Response to NCSG comment, add a clause “factoring costs/benefits analysis”. Also, reword the recommendation to define what “extend” means.
  • Response to DNRC comment: “RT is not clear as to how your comment responds to the possibility of polling the third parties that are not law enforcement agencies. We are not proposing noncompliance with law, we are proposing an assessment of needs.”
  • Response to RrSG comment: Review team will consider extending concept  of surveys and studies but not the pool of the survey takers.
Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

262#43

 

LE.1

  • Reply to RySG, BC and ALAC comment: Noted, and Cathrin to work with Jackie to add clarifying text/update rationale to reflect difference between use of surveys and studies. Surveys and studies may allow us to recognize we have to make changes and that is a multi-stage project.
  •  Reply to RrSG comment: RT takes this comment onboard, the need should be addressed in future iterations.
  • Reply to NCSG comment: MSSI to estimate number of hours spent on the LE survey in response to NCSG request for estimated cost associated with conducting the survey.
Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

261#43

 

Law Enforcement Needs: reply to BC comment: As representation of the community, we tried to formulate the questions in a nonbiased manner.Cathrin to provide language.Cathrin

Public comments tool updated.

 

260#43

 

R15.1

  • RT to add a sentence to that effect, focusing on outcomes and effectiveness on an annual report basis.
  • Stephanie to liaise with Jackie on adding a sentence in recommendation to amplify the impact evaluation. “The impact evaluation not being just greater accuracy for the benefit of third parties seeking data from ICANN, but response burden on the contracted parties that inevitably winds up for higher cost for end users.”

Review Team

Stephanie

Jackie



email

 

259#43

 

R11.2: RySG comment: Complete agreement and certainly in line with what RT  were imagining would be done, even though RT is not recommending what to change the name of the page to.

Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

258#43

 

R11.1:

  • ALAC comment: At this point, there is data available and lawfully available that the portal is not delivering, and RT believes  that needs to be rectified and not wait for things to change. The portal may well have to change going forward, but not delivering data currently implies broken,  RT stands by the current request to do this in a shorter term.
  • BC/NCSG Comment: RT to respond to these two comments, but no action taken to change the recommendation. 
Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

257#43

 

R10.1: Recommendation stands but need to make sure wording is clear. Review Team

email

 

255#43

 

CM.4: Alan to write to ICANN org Compliance and negotiate language to be added to relevant page(s). If successful, recommendation will be deleted.Alan

email

 

254#43

 

Recommendation CM.3 to be deleted. Alan to add this as a more targeted outreach in the relevant recommendation. The existence of ARS is not relevant in the future and this item will be moved under outreach.

Alan

email

 

253#43

 

Volker to add more details to CM.2 to clarify the registrant fields being addressed in the recommendation. Additionally, the whole recommendation should be reworded to better convey intent. Alan and Volker to re-write.Volker

email

 

252#43

 

Alan to reword CM.1 so that it does not say “the Board should negotiate …”. The goal is to ensure the recommendation is not dictating a PDP but suggesting a change somehow.

Alan

email

 

251#43

 

CM.1: reply to RrSG public comment: The only mechanisms by which ICANN can change a contract are through negotiations or, if applicable, a PDP and we are simply giving the board full latitude to use whatever tools are available.Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

250#43

 

Objective 6: Contractual Compliance Actions: public comment from Domain Name Rights Coalition: Review team is not aware that we are recommending brute force enforceability and anything relating to suspending domains other than what is in our current policies. Review team is not aware of any abuse issues of the ARS because the data in the ARS is randomly sampled. The review team is not aware of the legal issues surrounding unilateral release of the domain name, it is an option given to the complainant currently.

Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

249#43

 

R4.2 (NCSG) Given that the ePDP changes have not been implemented, this RT is not able to make a recommendation for enforcing new requirements that have not been finalized yet.Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

248#43

 

R4.2 (DNRC): What is in the WHOIS database, whatever will be available after RDS changes have been implemented, still needs to remain accurate.

Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

247#43

 

R4.2 (I2C & RrSG) Noted. RT will take this under consideration.Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

246#43

 

Volker and Alan work on rewording R4.2 and add some metrics in for measurability and success of implementation.Volker/Alan

email

 

245#43

 

R4.1 (NCSG comment) RT is not advocating random sampling of the data. We are suggesting looking at Rr X based on number of complaints received.Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

244#43

 

R4.1 (RrSG and NCSG comments) Volker to provide language (suggested text: “Enforce registrar obligations with regard to RDS data accuracy requirements.”) to update recommendation 4.1 based on RrSG and NCSG comments.

Volker

Public comments tool updated.

 

243#43

 

R4.1 (DNRC Public Comment):Report in Public Comment form “as we read this, you’re requesting that we essentially ignore certain current contractual terms. That would require policy change and that is outside of this review’s scope”

Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

242#43

 

R4.1 (DNRC Public Comment): Volker to provide language to update recommendation 4.1, adding a limitation “use incoming complaints to proactively monitor” to make sure that the recommendation itself states this limitation in scope.Volker

Public comments tool updated.

 

241#43

 

R4.1: Clarify that ICANN will not go on face-finding missions but use the information they currently have on hand (input received). Clarify that Compliance enforces Registrars to enforce data accuracy for registrants.Review Team

email

 

240#43

 

R5.1 (NCSG comment): The data will be lawfully available by some means and it is for those who will have access that the accuracy matters. Cathrin will include citations from GDPR that will address this.Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

239#43

 

Double check whether the recommendation number R5.1 was in response to whois1 rec5 or rec 5-9. Adjust numbering as needed.

Review Team

email

 

238#43

 

R5.1: Add a bookmark “if indeed it is conceivable that the outcome of ePDP is that the work that Compliance does today becomes more complex than it currently is, compliance must be properly resourced to do its job.” Wording to be discussed.Review Team

email

 

237#43

 

Mark BC public comment as noted, and include in recommendation rationale that of course one benefit of greater data accuracy would be that we could be more confident in distinguishing as appropriate according to the new rules as to whether you're dealing with a legal entity and where that entity sits.Review Team

Public comments tool updated.

 

236#43

 

Data accuracy: Cathrin to phrase a reply to RrSG public comment. Cathrin to provide Jackie with the correct references.Cathrin

FtoF#04

 

235#43

 

R3.2: NCSG comment: Alan to work with Jackie on rewording of the recommendations to clearly articulate the need for outreach before and after RDS changes are finalized.Alan/Jackie

FtoF#04

234#43

 

R3.2: RrSG comment: add implementation note, that the RT does not have any input on ICANN budgetReview Team

FtoF#04

233#43

 

R3.1: NCSG comment: Need to be updated to Neutral, instead of Disagreement. Suggested response to PC: RT is sympathetic to the concerns expressed by NCSG. However, overall ICANN comment is larger and out of scope for this review. ICANN org has initiated the ITI project to address the overall website issue.  Review Team

FtoF#04

232#43

 

Outreach: Domain Name Rights Coalition comment: Alan to clarify that there has been a lot of internal communications within ICANN engagement groups, but it’s clear that there's a certain disconnect with the areas.

Review Team

FtoF#04

 

231#43

 

Comments from NCSG on R1.1, R1.2 and R3.1 need to be updated to Neutral, instead of Disagreement in the public comment summary.ICANN org

FtoF#04

 

230#43

 

R1.3: Reform it to say any “board working group” and any group that is focusing on RDS issues should be made public and not make specific reference to a particular WG.Review Team

Updates approved on Plenary call #47

 

229#43

 

R1.1, 1.2 (NCSG): In the implementation, do a request to make such reports to the ICANN Board public as appropriate.Review Team

Updates approved on Plenary call #47

 

228#43

 

R1.1, 1.2 (NCSG): Reaffirm/strengthen strategic priority, making sure that in the implementation note, the reference to dialoging with stakeholders is there, and it should not be purely the board acting unilaterally.

Review Team

Updates approved on Plenary call #47

 

227#43

 

R1.1, 1.2 (NCSG): In the implementation note, review team will appreciate further updates were also given on how previous recommendations from the WHOIS1 review team have been followed up on, in particular where the implementation checks that they did show deficiencies, as it is for the strategic priorityReview Team

Updates approved on Plenary call #47

 

226#43

 

Add explanation in the report on recommendations numbering

Alan

email

 

224#43

 

Review and update glossary

ICANN org/Jackie

complete on:

 

223#42

 

ICANN org to act on NCSG comments on draft report clarity, in preparation of the face-to-face meeting.

ICANN org

email

 

222#42

 

Review team to consider extending coverage of the recommendation R1.2  to the council as well.

Review Team

FtoF#04

 

221#42

 

Emphasize in recommendation R1.1 that the focus should be global as opposed to either just Europe or just the US.

Review Team

FtoF#04

 

Item #Source of RequestDate of RequestAction Item RequestAction OwnerRequest Clarified (link to email archive; date)

Anticipated Completion Date

Completed ResponseCompletion Date
220#42

 

Reword recommendation BY.1 to make sure that ““safeguard registrant data” are incorporated into it. 

Review Team

COMPLETED ACTIONS/REQUESTS



FtoF#04

 

306#49

 

Staff to look into giving editing rights to Alan and Susan on the Privacy Proxy section.

ICANN org


 

225#44

 

R10.1:  both versions to be sent out to the list for review until 20 December 23:59 UTC. Alan to provide Jackie with text to add reference to 2013 RAA and successor document.

ICANN org

Email

 

220#42

 

Cancel this week's leadership call, and next plenary call. Schedule a leadership call on 4 December 2018.ICANN org


 

219#42

 

ICANN org to share via email the draft report public comments received.

Review Team

Email

 

174#34

 

Volker Greimann to update his written SOI to reflect acquisition of Key SystemsVolker


 

218#42

 

Review team members to confirm menu choices (FtoF#4) before Wednesday 28 November 23:59 UTC. ICANN org to send reminder.Review Team

 


217#39

 

On Roadmap - Those who cannot make it to the final consensus call, should send objections prior to the call. 

Review Team


 

216#39

 

On Roadmap - All are reminded to send objections asap and edits by 26 August

Review Team


 

214#39

 

On Executive Summary - Penholders to review paragraph relating to their topic(s) and send any edits they may have. 

Penholders

Email

 

213#39

 

On OECD related Bylaws amendment - Alan to consider Stephanie's proposed language "The Review team notes that the OECD Guidelines, while remaining relevant as a set of principles, are not useful as a reference point in this particular context, particularly given the current focus on GDPR and other data protection laws. We recommend that the Bylaws be examined and a suitable clause crafted that requires compliance with applicable data protection law and best practice. In particular, data transfers must safeguard registrant data. Community input is welcome."Alan

Email

 

212#39

 

On OECD related Bylaws amendment - Alan to call for objections to be sent to review team list by 26 August.

Alan

Email

 

211#39

 

On OECD related Bylaws amendment - Alan to produce language for B.1 by COB today to propose replacement language.

Alan

Email

 

210#39

 

On Compliance - C.M.2 to be retained as in draft report with edits 10 -15 %, including a footnote explaining we are seeking input on percentage and impacts on registrant's rights

ICANN org

Email

 

209#39

 

On Data Accuracy Alan to produce note framing 5.1.

Alan

Email

 

208#39

 

On Data Accuracy ICANN compliance to look into possibility of providing samples. 

ICANN Compliance

Email

 

207#39

 

On Data Accuracy - ICANN org to confirm availability of Compliance (and if possible ARS staff) for a meeting on 27 September 2018

ICANN org

Email

 

205#38

 

All review team members to read the draft report and send any objections/dissent or suggested edits to the full RT mailing-list no later than 26 August. Note: Any substantive objections should be raised ASAP.Review Team


 

204#38

 

On Roadmap to Draft Report - ICANN Org to indicate in consolidated draft which sections have not been discussed on plenary calls since F2F3

ICANN org

Email

 

203#38

 

On F2F4 - ICANN Org to check on 10-12 December availability with Erika and Lili, and to check with meetings team on the most cost effective venue(s)

ICANN org

Plenary Call Report

 

202#38

 

On Strategic Priority - Cathrin to look into possible updates to address Stephanie's comments regarding implementation of RT1's recommendation on incentivization and lack of documentation this RT could use to review/assess that implementation. Any updates to be included in the consolidated report must be provided by COB 14 August.

Cathrin

Email

 

201#38

 

On Law Enforcement Needs - ICANN org to update recommendation LE.2 to refer to "cybersecurity professionals working with law enforcement" instead of "CSP and related professionals" and to frame recommendation in a manner similar to LE.1 (The ICANN Board should resolve...)

ICANN org

Email

 

200#38

 

On Compliance - ICANN Org to move Rec 4 section text for Objective 6 into separate section and confirm with Susan that appropriate text has been moved by COB 14 AugustICANN org

Email

 

199#38

 

On Compliance - Stephanie and Susan to agree on edits to risk-based approach by COB 14 AugustStephanie/Susan

Email

 

198#38

 

On Compliance - Volker and Susan to agree on edits to Finding/Issue f) on grandfathering by COB 14 AugustVolker/Susan

Email

 

197#38

 

On Data Accuracy - ICANN Org to update new proposed recommendation R5.1 in consolidated report, including examples in supporting text (see agreement above)

ICANN org

Email

 

196#38

 

On Data Accuracy - ICANN Org to send follow-up question to GDD and Compliance, requesting a call to discuss why so many ARS-generated tickets are closed with no action (are the records changed, the domains transferred or not renewed, etc)ICANN org

Email

 

195#38

 

On Executive Summary - Alan to deliver executive summary for review by COB 13 August

Alan

Email

 

194#38

 

On Bylaws Amendments: Alan to deliver bylaws amendment for review by COB 13 August

Alan

Email

 

193#37

 

Suggest language relative to OECDAlan

 

 

192#37

 

Standardize RDS (WHOIS) throughout the draft report (consistent with ToR)

ICANN org

 

 

190#37

 

Send any edits/comments on Brussels meeting report by August 13 - 23:59 UTC     

Review Team

 


 

189#37

 

Incorporate changes needed to sections (using redline) and submit them to the list

Penholders

 


 

188#37

 

Review all drafts and be prepared to raise any final edits on Monday's call

Review Team

 


 

187F2F#3

Release public comment on Draft Report Review team/ICANN org

 

 

186F2F#3

 

Submit objections, comments and edits on Draft Report + dissent reports if anyReview team

 


 

185F2F#3

 

Finalize draft report and circulate to review teamICANN org

 

 

184F2F#3

 

Send objections, comments, edits on output produced by rapporteurs and action items penholdersReview team

 


 

218#39

 

ICANN org to resend table of agreed recommendations. 

ICANN org

Email

 

206#39

 

On Data Accuracy Leaders to discuss allocation of budget for a potential meeting with those present for the ePDP meeting with ICANN compliance.

Leaders

Email

 

215#39

On Executive Summary - Alan to finalize executive summary. Alan

Email

 

191#37

 

Send reminder on homework assignments to list ICANN org

Email

 

182F2F#3

 

Develop the first draft of the Exec Summary by 3 August, for Susan to review and revise as needed, and then distribute for RT review. Executive Summary to note up front that the review is based on today’s WHOIS.Alan

 

 

183F2F#3

Complete and circulate action items & address items listed in recommendations/reports gap assessment tools Review team


 

178F2F#3

 

Chris, Stephanie to update their SOIs to reflect appointment to ePDPChris, Stephanie


 

177#35

 

ICANN org to compile draft review report from subgroup reports currently available and to post to RT no later than 24 July.ICANN org

Email

 

176#35

 

Plenary call #36 (30 July) to be cancelled and frequency of calls during the summer to be discussed in Brussels. No need for plenary calls during the draft report public comment period.ICANN org

 

F2F#3

 

175#35

 

Alan Greenberg to update his written SOIAlan


 

186F2F#3

 

Consult with meetings team to determine possibility of F2F4 meeting the first week of DecemberICANN org

 


 

185F2F#3

 

Alan to submit a request today for a high-interest session at ICANN63. If not selected for a HIT session, a community session will be scheduled.Alan

 


 

184F2F#3

 

During copy editing, support staff to ensure that:

  • All recommendations are addressed to “The ICANN Board” and “shall negotiate contract terms” or “initiate a PDP”

  • Each acronym is spelled out upon first use

  • Refer to to organizations correctly and consistently (e.g., ICANN Contractual Compliance) throughout

ICANN org


 

183F2F#3

 

ICANN org to reflect face-to-face meeting #3 agreements in draft report and provide based documents back to rapporteurs on 31 JulyICANN org

 


 

181F2F#3

Add a section on compliance (objective 6) to note substantial body was done through WHOSI1 rec 4 subgroup. Consider moving subgroup’s findings on that objective to the new section - make decision after Compliance subsection have been discussedICANN org


 

180F2F#3

Include rationales for not reviewing some of the objectives laid out in Bylaws and proposed by the GNSOICANN org


 

179F2F#3

 

Change numbers to 1.a/1.bICANN org


 

178#34

 

ICANN org to check whether catering delivery can be advanced for the meeting to start at 8AM (Brussels time) on Friday.ICANN org



177#34

Firm up the timeline at the meeting and allocate for the discussion a minimum of 20 minutes.Review Team/ICANN org



176#34

 

Send all final subgroup reports to be incorporated into the draft RT report by Sunday 22 July 23:59 UTC.Rapporteurs



175#34

All rapporteurs to review the assessment tools and to attempt to fill any gaps. Rapporteurs to submit their subgroup final report by Sunday 22 July 23:59 UTC.Rapporteurs



173#33

 

Confirm status of travel requests with review team and contact and confirm status of participation to Face-to-Face Meeting #3ICANN org



172#33

 

Face-to-Face Meeting discussion: Include discussion on need for engagement session at ICANN63.ICANN org



171#33

 

Send out a reminder to the review team to review the subgroup reports that were sent prior to ICANN62 (latest versions available on the wiki).ICANN org



168#32

 

Lili Sun to update subgroup draft report based on the three main problems were raised:
1)     Lack of policy definition of ‘Accuracy’ (Refer to SAC058 for definitions used by ARS)
2)     Identity theft as envisioned by the first review team is still an issue that has not been addressed by this review team
3)     The problem that WHOIS users cannot tell to what level WHOIS data has been verified or when.
Lili



167#32

Alan to update Rec. 2 in subgroup report to reflect above agreement; ICANN Org to update this recommendation on the engagement session subgroup's slide to match updated subgroup report.Alan



147#26

Subgroups to finalize their reports (incl. findings and potential recommendations) by 24 May for RT discussionSubgroups

 


 

76#12

Chris to confirm names of Board Caucus Group members and to provide timeframe information on submission of ToR (+ work plan)Chris
CLOSEDCLOSEDCLOSED
164#31

 

ICANN62: Rapporteurs who are not in a position to define what they are recommending to flag what they want to present in Panama in their draft report.

Rapporteurs

Email

 

146#26

 

ICANN org to begin populating draft report sections that pertain to background, methodology etc.

ICANN org

Email

 

170#32

 

ICANN org to send out a doodle to the review team to confirm availability for a plenary call on 2 July 2018 – 15:00 UTC.ICANN org

Email

 

169#32

 

Alan to update safeguarding registrant data subgroup report based on discussions; ICANN Org to update engagement slide (as appropriate) to match updated subgroup report.

Alan

Email

 

166#32

 

Subgroup rapporteurs to send any edits they may have on engagement slide-deck by 20 June, 15:00 UTC. Rapporteurs

Overdue.

 

165#31

 

All to review open emails/action items in the next 36 hours, and submit subgroup reports ASAP.

Rapporteurs

Overdue.

 

163#30

 

  • Enquire whether 24-25-26 July is still available in meetings team schedule and to issue doodle poll  including week of July 16, 24-25, 25-26 July (if still available). All RT members to hold off on bookings in the meantime. 
  • Verify with Travel Services whether airplane tickets which were issued can be re-issued, reimbursed.
ICANN org


Email

 

162#30

 

Letter to Theresa / Public Comment Entry:
- Put in a reference to increased cost post-FY19, in case there was a pause
- Correct the wording where it says 10 working group members, to reflect that Chris is a member but did not vote on this matter

-  Add an extra 10 000 to the contingency and bring the total cost to 300 000.
Alan

Email

 

161#29

 

Draft statement based on input received in collaboration with leadership team, then circulate to RT

Alan

Email

 

160#29

 

ICANN org to confirm how much was budgeted in FY18.

ICANN org

Email

 

159#29

 

ICANN org to update Engagement Session based on input received from Carlton and Alan, circulate the updated version with the review team for approval.

ICANN org

Email

 

158#29

 

ICANN org to relay questions & concerns on collecting consent for answering the survey raised by Cathrin.

ICANN org

Email

 

157#28

 

ICANN org to follow up with subgroups to clarify status of open action itemsICANN org

Email reminders sent to subgroups. Example

 

156#28

 

Announce that Thursday 24 May, 23:59 UTC is the final deadline to send any concerns they have with Brussels meetings notes. 
ICANN org

Email

 

154#28

 

Alan and ICANN org to finalize ICANN62 session description/agenda.Alan/ICANN org

Email

 

153#28

 

ICANN org to start putting engagement session slides togetherICANN org

Email

 

151#28

 

Alan to confirm RT’s intent to comment that no pause or change in scope is appropriate at this time.

Alan

Email

 

150#28

 

Request 10-15 min-briefing with Theresa Swinehart for next Monday (pending availability).ICANN org

Travelling, thus cannot participate in meeting.

 

152#28

 

ICANN org to reconfirm with review team that may move plenary calls to 15:00 UTC. ICANN org

Email

 

158#28

 

ICANN org to extend this Wednesday’s leadership call to 60 minutes.

ICANN org

Updated invitation sent out to leaders.

 

155#28

 

CANN org to recirculate the Brussels doodle poll to review team for prompt completion.

ICANN org

Email

 

149#28

 

Leadership to raise “after April meeting” reference in short term options public comment period with MSSI.
Leaders

Email

 

148#27

 

Review team to agree on engagement session description. ICANN org to submit examples to leadership from other review teams, and identify deadline to submit session description.Review Team/ICANN Org

Email

 

143#26

 

ICANN org to ensure/monitor the ICANN62 session does not conflict with the Auctions Proceed session. (Session was submitted as a high interest session by Alan)ICANN org

Block schedule

 

145#26

 

ICANN org to contact meetings team to enquire about availability for a 2 day face-to-face meeting in July (preferably in Brussels).ICANN org

Email

 

144#26

Leadership to contact Volker and Thomas to determine if the matters that prevented them from participating actively are expected to continue.RDS-WHOIS2 Leadership

Email 1 and 2

 

142#26

Produce meeting statementICANN org

Email

 

141#26

 

Insert Introduction section to contain over-arching findings and recommendations, including impact of GDPRICANN org

Document

 

140#26

 

Rapporteurs to reach out to Stephanie if need help (Stephanie’s areas of expertise: risk management, privacy, and law enforcement)Rapporteurs


 

126#22

 

Rapporteurs to begin fleshing out the subgroup report template - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/71604697/Proposed%20Subgroup%20Report%20Structure.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1519202465000&api=v2[community.icann.org]

Deadline for subgroup report is 5 April in preparation for Brussels face-to-face meeting (16-17-18 April) 

Reach out to ICANN org if you need help transcribing input

Rapporteurs


139#23

 

ICANN org to look into logistics to inform remote participants about last-minute agenda updates.

ICANN org


 

16#26

 

RT to submit any comments on agreements/action items by Wednesday 25 April 2018, COB.

Review Team

No comments were received.

 

138#26

 

No plenary call scheduled for 30 April. 

ICANN org

No plenary call was scheduled on 30 April.

 

136#25

 

Face-to-Face Meeting agenda: ICANN org to update the agenda with extending Rec.4 - Compliance and Rec. 10 – Privacy/Proxy Services to 2 hours each, and shortening other sessions planned for days 2-3. ICANN org to update the agenda accordingly.ICANN org


 

129#23

 

Thursday 5 April 2018: Deadline for subgroups to send their subgroup report including draft findings and recommendations (if any) to the RT. Past this deadline, ICANN org to reach out to subgroups who did not provide any subgroup report. The subgroup report template can be found at: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/71604697/Proposed%20Subgroup%20Report%20Structure.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1519202465000&api=v2Subgroup rapporteurs


 

137#25

 

  • ICANN Org to send a reminder about approved slides deadline to all:
    • Monday 9 April COB – ICANN org support team to send draft slides to subgroup Rapporteurs
    • Thursday 12 April COB – Rapporteurs to send final updates to slides to ICANN org support team
    • Friday 13 April COB – ICANN org support team to circulate final slide-deck with the review team

All rapporteurs to submit final slides no later than Thursday 12 April to enable final deck to be distributed on Friday 13 April.




email sent to Review Team

 

132#24

 

Take a first pass at populating findings slides based on subgroups’ reports/output and to identify sections for the subgroup rapporteur to complete.ICANN org

 

Slides were populated and submitted to subgroup rapporteurs.

135#24

 

Provide support team with additional background materials to be added to the wiki page.Lili Sun

Email sent directly to ICANN org (Jean-Baptiste & Lisa)

 

134#24

 

Issue a reminder to the plenary mailing-list on the need to send in apologiesReview team leadership

Email

 

133#24

 

Liaise with ICANN Constituency-Travel to confirm all travels are booked.ICANN org

Email

 

130#23

 

Seek guidance from meetings team on who (review team/ICANN org) should request the engagement session at the policy meeting. ICANN org

Email

 

90#15

Rec #2: Single WHOIS Policy: Subgroup members to comment first pass planning document sent by Carlton.Single WHOIS policy subgroup

Closed
131#23

 

ICANN org to send out a note to the review team “URGENT: unless we hear any objections, the meetings post the Face-to-Face meeting #2 will be switched to Mondays @14:00 UTC”.

ICANN org

email sent to review team.

 

127#22

 

ICANN 62 to be discussed at next plenary meeting 

Review Team

Item added to plenary agenda #23.

 

124#21

 

Leaders/ICANN org to find out a better schedule that fits review team members agenda.Leaders/ICANN org02/03/2018: ICANN org sent excel sheet to review team to identify ideal timing.


Plenary call schedule discussed on agenda #23.

120#20

 

Set up separate call (through one Doodle poll) with each rapporteur (and subgroup members, as available) to see how we can help.ICANN org

emails sent individually to rapporteurs to schedule calls on 2 March 2018.

 

119#20

 

Rapporteurs who have not addressed planning questions (i.e. Cathrin, Susan, Stephanie, Thomas) to send their input to the RDS-WHOIS2 Review Team list as soon as possible.

Rapporteurs

Last input received on Planning Questions received on 20 March 2018.

 

112#18

Rapporteurs to identify by next plenary call / Friday 9 February whether they need additional resources/subgroup members. Subgroup members to volunteer to help other subgroups, especially on the Rec #5-9 Data Accuracy subgroup. Subgroup Rapporteurs


109#18

Subgroups to come back with a plan and answers to roadmap questions by 19 February. 

Subgroups

Subgroups rapporteurs were invited to provide updates on plenary calls.

 

118#19

 

Ask Erika Mann and Thomas Walden whether would be interested in volunteering for data-accuracy subgroupICANN org

see email sent to review team.

 

125#21

 

ICANN62 FtoF Meeting: to be further discussed at the next plenary meeting.ICANN org

Added to plenary call #22 agenda. See email.

 

123#21

 

Send email to review team inviting them to provide comments on blog post by Tuesday 27 February 23:59 UTC.

ICANN org

email sent to review team.

 

122#20

 

Incorporate edits to blog posts asap for final approval on FridayICANN org

Blog post has been published on icann.org

 

116#19

 

Rapporteurs who are delayed in answering questions (due 9 February) to send their input as soon as possible.

  • WHOIS1 Rec #1 - Strategic Priority: Cathrin Bauer-Bulst
  • WHOIS1 Rec #4: Compliance: Susan Kawaguchi (next steps plan submitted)
  • WHOIS Rec #10: Privacy/Proxy Services: Volker Greimann
  • WHOIS Rec #11: Common Interface: Volker Greimann
  • Anything New: Stephanie Perrin
  • Law Enforcement Needs: Thomas Walden
  • Consumer Trust: Erika Mann
Cathrin/Susan/Volker/ Stephanie/Thomas/Erika

Deadline was extended as several subgroups did not finish providing answers to questions.

 

115#18

 

By Friday 9 February 2018, rapporteurs must provide answers to the following questions:

  • Has your subgroup identified any needed briefings/resources?
  • How will your subgroup review/analyze relevant documentation? (for example, will you divide review between subgroup members)
  • How will you conduct investigation of identified objectives?
  • (for example, will you need calls or conduct work via email)
  • How will you conduct relevant interviews (as appropriate)?
  • How will your subgroup produce its summary of key findings?
Subgroups Rapporteurs

 

Deadline was extended as several subgroups did not finish providing answers to questions.


 


113#18

 

ICANN org to look into the possibility of organizing a face-to-face meeting on 23-24 June 2018 and to advise.

ICANN org

Possibility to organize a face-to-face meeting before the official start date of the ICANN Policy Meeting.

 

121#20

 

Add Erika to data accuracy mailing-list and wiki pageICANN org




Confirmation email sent to Data Accuracy subgroup.

 

114#18

 

Add common interface on plenary call agenda.ICANN org

See email sent to Review Team.

 

107#18

 

Compliance subgroup to review the document, Susan and subgroup to confirm action plan based on the answers received.

Compliance Subgroup



110#18

 

Email to go out to review team with questions on next steps + workplan Execution details.ICANN org

See email sent to Review Team.

 

106#17

 

ICANN62: Add agenda item to discuss face-to-face meeting prior to ICANN 62 (Panama) and engagement session.ICANN org

See email sent to Review Team.

 

105#17

 

Plenary call schedule: ICANN org to send out invitations for Feb 5 & 9, Feb 19 & 23.ICANN org

Invitations sent to Review Team members.

 

104#17

 

Plenary call on 5 Feb: Add review of subgroup membership to on Monday's plenary agenda.ICANN org

See email sent to Review Team.

 

103#17

 

Plenary call on 5 Feb: ICANN org to ask non attending rt members today to be prepared for the Monday plenary to present how their subgroup is going to tackle their work so that they have sufficient input for the face-to-face meeting. If unable to participate, rapporteur to assign subgroup member.ICANN org

See email sent to Review Team.

 

102#17

 

Plenary call on 5 Feb: Susan to reach out to Law Enforcement subgroup to help prepare for Monday callSusan

See email sent to subgroup members.

 

101#17

 

Update matrix submitted by Alan (membership) and maintain it moving forward.ICANN org

See assignment matrix on subgroups page.

 

100#17

 

Anything New: Stephanie to provide an update on first pass planning document next week.Stephanie



99#17

 

Compliance Subgroup: ICANN org to send out an email including document presented & mentioned by compliance during yesterday's meeting.ICANN org

See email sent to Compliance subgroup.

 

98#17

 

Terms of Reference & Work plan: ICANN org to send email to review team informing that review team members on plenary call agreed with suggested text addition on ToR from Alan and response to ccNSO. Non-attending Review Team members to review and send edits/comments. If no responses are received by 7 Feb EOD, proposal will be accepted.ICANN org

See email sent to Review Team.

 

89#15

 

ICANN org to prepare Milestone #1 Draft/bullet points to be submitted for review to leadership on next leadership call.ICANN org

See email

 

87#14

 

Outreach Plan: Review team members to send comments on the outreach planReview Team

Outreach plan adopted

 

111#18

 

Add Carlton to Consumer Trust subgroup & subgroup mailing list

ICANN org

Carlton was added to the Consumer Trust mailing list.

 

95#16

 

1) Terms of Reference: Alan in conjunction with leadership team to make minor tweaks to terms of reference to reflect the discussion on plenary call.

Alan

email sent to review team

 

40#9

 

Review Team members (Susan, Stephanie, Erika, Thomas, Carlton, Alan) to send completed Statement of Interests form and signed Conflict of Interest policy asap to staff list. Four Review Team Members had already completed their forms at the time of the face-to-face meeting. 

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

Last document missing was received on 30 January 2018.

97#16

 

5) Request for written implementation briefings: ICANN org to provide a date estimation 

ICANN org

email sent to Review Team.

 

96#16

 

Subgroups Status & Next Steps: Anything New: Stephanie to review background materials and discuss with subgroup to fill in first pass planning doc. 

Stephanie



94#16

 

1) Terms of Reference: Alan to contact Katrina Sataki.Alan

Katrina Sataki contacted Alan regarding this action item via email.

 

92#15

 

Alan to reach out to Stephanie and Thomas to enquire about status of Anything New and Law Enforcement Needs planning documents.Alan

Reminders sent via email to Stephanie and Thomas

 

91#16

 

3) Subgroups Status & Next Steps: Law Enforcement Needs: Thomas to share latest version of first past planning doc to the subteam mailing list. ICANN org to post it on the wiki.Thomas


Email sent to the subgroup list.

 

90#15

 

ICANN org to look into possible weeks for a 3 day FtoF meeting in mid-April, and possible location.ICANN org

Email sent to Leadership.

 

88#14

 

Plenary call #15: ICANN org to ask review team members for RSVP (Monday call)ICANN org

Email sent to the Review Team

 

86#14

 

Subgroup status & next steps: First Pass template – subgroup timeline: Add a direct link to the workplan 
ICANN org

Link added to each subgroup workplan

 

85#14

 

Subgroup status & next steps

  • Outreach: add reference to WHOIS information Portal and Consolidated WHOIS Lookup Tool, and Registrant’s Benefits and Responsibilities. Update to reflect that no independent expert needed.
  • Compliance: add “request to be fleshed out during interviews” to the last two items listed in requested materials
ICANN org

First-Pass Documents ad wiki are updated.

 

83#14

 

Plenary call #15: ICANN org to ask review team members for RSVP (Monday call)ICANN org

email sent to Review Team.

 

79#12

 

Request for briefings:  Review team to review alan's email and send suggestions/comments via email list.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

No comments received.

41#9

 

RDS/WHOIS2 leadership to confirm Stephanie’s request for a briefing on contractual compliance/RAA. 

Leadership

 

No clarification received from Stephanie.

OVERDUE

68#10

 

Scope & Objectives: WHOIS1 Recs: ICANN org to inventory changes made to WHOIS policies since the first RT completed.

ICANN org


Email including inventory matrix.

 

84#1308 Dec 2017

Subgroups Matrix: ICANN org to send out an email to Rec#10 subgroup pointing out that Volker will not be able to address the issue until mid-January. Susan volunteering to join the subgroup. ICANN org to update matrix.

ICANN org
12 Dec 2017See email sent to the subgroup.

 

83#1308 Dec 2017

Terms of Reference: Every RT member to respond to Alan's email no later than Tuesday 12 Dec.

Review Team members
12 Dec 2017

 

82#1308 Dec 2017

Terms of Reference: Alan to send the review team a call for consensus to adopt the ToR and Work Plan.

Alan
12 Dec 2017

 

81#1308 Dec 2017Terms of Reference: ICANN org to send updated ToR and Work Plan to RT with a last call for edits/comments to the list.ICANN org
12 Dec 2017

 

80#1308 Dec 2017

Terms of Reference: 

  • "Replacement and Removal of Members": add text from operating standards: "Depending on the remaining time of a review, or any other factors, the relevant SO/AC may choose not to nominate a replacement candidate."
  • On page 18, first paragraph, delete "by ICANN Organization"
  • Update hyperlink to final version of Limited Scope Proposal
  • Update table in Appendix 2 to remove references to Actions and green highlighted comments in right-most column
ICANN org
11 Dec 2017

 

77#12

 

Work plan: Susan, Chris, Erika to review the work plan and provide input/comments.

Susan, Chris, Erika

 


81#12

 

Briefing on GDPR: ICANN org to provide an update on this request

ICANN org

 

Update provided on leadership call, briefing will be scheduled for second half

83#12

 

ICANN org to send an email recap on subgroups to the review team.

ICANN org

 

email sent to the Review Team.

78#12

 

Scheduling: Leadership to liaise offline on confirming the plenary call time. Next Monday's call scheduled at the standing call time.

Leadership/ICANN Org

 

Plenary calls confirmed after leadership meeting #12

 

75#12

 

Terms of Reference

1) Change revised due date to Nov 28 2017

2) Move background on limited scope to appendix and replace with summary paragraph

3) accept consensus edit on page 5

4) comment A4 is withdrawn, text to remain

5) add RDS definition to page 7

6) edits to pages 9 and 10 accepted with no objections

7) Accept edits to pages 13-14 except for deleting "and am willing to implement it"

8) Add disclaimer that work plan is a living document (Alice to draft language)

9) Text proposed by Alan (A11) to be included on page 12 under Support from ICANN Organization

10) Retain (updated) scope table in appendix

ICANN org

 

ToR shared with plenary agenda #13 via email.

 

71#11

 

Scope & Objectives: Review Team members to review these items and confirm by the end of next week that the Scope discussion can be considered frozen (adopted).

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

No comments were received.

 

57#9

 

On work plan: ICANN Org to provide overview of external expert engagement process and needs.

ICANN org

 

External Expert engagement was shared with leadership via email

 

55#9

 

On Terms of Reference: ICANN org to draft text for deliverables and timeframes based on agreements reached in this meeting, for leadership review.

ICANN orgLatest version of ToR was shared via email.

 


 

53#9

 

On Terms of Reference: Alan (with Susan’s help) to propose text describing consensus policy for the group.

AlanLatest version of ToR was shared via email.



 

50#9

 

ICANN org to provide options and costs for F2F meetings before and after ICANN61 and ICANN62.

ICANN org

 

Costs shared via email.

 

65#10

 

Scope & Objectives: - Lisa and Alan to draft text for an additional item indicating that the team will also review ICANN's bylaws pertaining to the RDS review, in accordance with ICANN's bylaws.Lisa/Alan

 

Updated version shared via email

 

64#10

 

Scope & Objectives: - ICANN org to clean the Scope and Objectives table and incorporate Objectives text only into the ToR.ICANN org

 

Updated version shared via email

 

62#10

 

Terms of Reference: - ICANN org to add RDAP definition and shorten IDN definition. 

ICANN org

 

shared via email with Leadership

 

61#10

 

Terms of Reference: - ICANN org to adjust scope and match timeline in terms of reference to 12 monthsICANN org

 

shared via email with Leadership

 

60#10

 

Implementation Briefings Questions: - RT members to review Implementation Briefings questions and send any additional questions or changes by Tuesday 17 October

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

No other questions received.

 

43#9

 

Provide estimates on how many review team members will be funded to travel at ICANN meetings/would not incur travel expenses.

ICANN org

 

email sent to leadership.

74#12

 

Statement of Interest: Send a reminder to Stephanie, Erika and Susan to sign and return SoI/CoI.

ICANN org

 

email reminder sent directly to Erika, Stephanie, and Susan.


80#12

 

Fact Sheet: Place a comment on fact sheet wiki page, that it is currently pending review.

ICANN org

 

ICANN org added a status on the wiki page to explain the fact sheet is still under review.

82#12

 

ICANN org to distribute blog entry to list (COMPLETE - Thanks, Cathrin!): https://www.icann.org/news/blog/data-protection-privacy-activity-recap[icann.org]

ICANN org

 

Cathrin shared blog post via email with the review team.

73#11

 

Statement of Interests: RT members who have not sent their SoI/CoI yet to do so by Monday, 23 October. ICANN org to send a reminder to those who have not returned their forms on Tuesday, 24 October.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

email reminder sent to Review Team.


72#11

 

Subgroups Matrix: Set concise mailings lists for each subgroup, add Alan to each mailing list.

ICANN org

 

email confirmation sent to leadership.


70#11

 

Plenary call: Prepare a doodle poll to select the timing of upcoming plenary calls.

ICANN org

Doodle poll was shared via email. Excel file with identified possible plenary call times was shared via email with leadership.

44#9

 

RDS/WHOIS2 leadership to communicate draft Scope identified at the Face-to-Face meeting to the ccNSO.

Leadership

 

Letter from Alan Greenberg to Katrina Sataki to provide an update on the RDS-WHOIS2 Review Scope.

69#10

 

Scope & Objectives: WHOIS1 Recs: Susan to lead discussion during next plenary call on a framework to measure and assess the effectiveness of RT1 recommendations.

Susan

 

Done on plenary call #11

67#10

 

Scope & Objectives: OECD Guidelines: Lisa, Alan and Erika to work together on wording for OECD guidelines, version to be shared ahead of the next plenary meeting.Lisa/Alan/Erika

 

OECD Objective suggested additions were shared via email to the Review Team.

49#9

 

ICANN org to request meeting room for informal meeting with lunch provided at ICANN 60 on October 31 from 12:15 PM to 1:15 PM.ICANN org

 

room confirmation was sent to leadership via email.

46#9

 

ICANN org to provide Cathrin with template for 1st pass scoping of effort/tasks required for each work area; Cathrin to further develop template for agreement by leadership. 

ICANN org

 

Document sent to Cathrin via email.

66#10

 

Scope & Objectives: - ICANN org to apply agreed edits to this Scope and Objectives table for redistribution.ICANN org

 

Email

 

63#10

 

Objectives: Expressions of interest and first-pass planning assignments

- ICANN org to update and resend table of assignments to review team, requesting any changes be suggested no later than Monday. ICANN org to also send an email to those who are not on the call to confirm assignments. If any changes are needed, ICANN org to make the necessary changes in advance of next plenary call.

ICANN org

 

Email

 

36#8

 

Propose criteria for determining effectiveness by Brussels MeetingSusan

 

Email

 

27#6

 

On Scope: Row 2: Stephanie to provide definition of effectivenessStephanie

 

Susan Kawaguchi to provide definition (see action item 36)

CLOSED

 

70#10

 

Statement of Interests: - ICANN org to clarify what is meant by signing electronically.

ICANN org

Email clarification sent to the leadership.

59#9

 

ICANN org to schedule two plenary calls on Oct 12 and 19 at 12:30 UTC for 90 min, new plenary call time will be proposed post Abu-Dhabi.

ICANN org

 

Meeting invitation sent via email

58#9

 

On work plan: Scope, Terms of Reference, Workplan to be adopted and relayed to Board by November 24.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

Workplan updated and shared ahead of plenary call #10

56#9

 

On work plan: ICANN org to circulate new version of the workplan by next week. 

ICANN org

 

Workplan updated and shared ahead of plenary call #10

54#9

 

On Terms of Reference: Any review team member who wishes to add a definition to the Terms of Reference should provide a draft definition by 12 October.

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

Overdue

51#9

 

ICANN org to draft meeting communique for leadership review.

ICANN org

 

Meeting summary available here.

52#9

 

ICANN org to provide list of questions raised on WHOIS1 implementation reports for recs 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 15, 16 for leadership approval.

ICANN org

 

List shared via email to leadership.

48#9

 

ICANN Org to reach out to Thomas on topics he would be interested to contribute to. 

ICANN org

 

Email sent to Thomas with rt in copy.


47#9

 

ICANN org to provide updated Scope and Objectives table to reflect tentative agreements reached during meeting. 

ICANN org

 

Document updated and shared via email ahead of plenary call #10

45#9

 

ICANN Org to come back to leadership with proposal suggested assignment for 1st pass scoping, based on expressed interests, to distribute workload across team and include one member of the leadership on each item. 

ICANN org

 

Document shared with leadership via email.

39#8

 

Fill in the ICANN 60 doodle (http://doodle.com/poll/q35x2qxtipnyna9h) by COB today and/or confirm planning to attend. If no quorum, the meeting will be cancelled. 

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 

Meeting is confirmed on October 31, 12:15 - 13:15 GST.

 

38#8

 

Update scope table in light of today's plenary discussionICANN org

 

Updated table added to the FtoF #1 reading list.

 

37#8

 

Reach out to CCT Review Team to see if they have a working definition of consumer trust this RT might use, and also any research relevant to consumer trust and WHOIS.ICANN org

 

Email sent to CCT Leadership on September 29, 2017.


35#8

 

ICANN org to send list of questions to RT list - Leaders to confirm list of questions on set of briefings #2 

ICANN org

 

Updated table added to the FtoF #1 reading list.

 

34#8

 

Send list of questions to RT list - Leaders to confirm list of questions on set of briefings #2.ICANN org

 

Updated table added to the FtoF #1 reading list.

 

33#7

 

Pull scope issues together in a simple documentAlan - ICANN Org

Document shared via email by Alan.

 

32#7

 

Capture RT members' detailed questions on briefings and circulate to Review Team list for leadership's confirmation prior to providing answers in writingRDS-WHOIS2-RT


 

31#7

 

Send follow-up questions on briefings to the mailing-listRDS-WHOIS2-RT


 

24email

 

Send your preliminary questions on WHOIS1 implementation

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 


 

19#5

On Scope: Suggest language on effectiveness component.Stephanie Perrin


 

11#4

 

Follow up on SOIsICANN Org

SoIs shared and presented at FtoF Meeting 1. Reported here.

 

10#3

ICANN Org to provide ToR and Work Plan templates, as they become availableICANN Org


 

42#9

 

Cathrin to look at three definitions of “law enforcement” and to suggest language for working definition. 

Cathrin

 

definitions shared with leadership via email.

30#7

 

Produce list of ToR items to be addressedICANN Org

 

List sent via email to the review team.

 

29#6

 

Share schedule of briefings - this will inform decision whether to hold Sept 28th meeting or not.ICANN org

 

Presented on plenary call #7

 

14#4

 

Provide overview of methodology used for implementation and difficulties encounteredICANN org

Presented on plenary call #7.

 

26#6

 

On Dependencies section: - add GDPR, - add text "ICANN org to update list and alert RDS-WHOIS2 of any changes to the list"ICANN org

 

Circulated via email.

 

25#6

 

On removal/replacement of Team Members, include following edits: new member instead of replacement, 70 % for both thresholds, refuses instead of fails.ICANN org

 

Circulated via email.

 

28#6

Address fact sheet question on time allocated for research/studies

ICANN org

Clarification sent via email to the RT.

22#5

 

On Scope: Send any other comments on scope to Review Team listRDS-WHOIS2-RT

 



18#5

On ToR: On dependencies, identify all known groups for Review Team consideration

ICANN org

Presented on plenary call #6.

 

16#5

On leadership responsibilities: Edit item #2 - use identify when speaking in individual capacity

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

Presented on plenary call #6.

 

21#5

On Scope: Help leadership produce draft text reflecting Review Team's discussion on law enforcement objective.ICANN org

Email sent directly to Cathrin by Lisa.

 

20#5

On Scope: Suggest text that reflects OECD component.RDS-WHOIS2-RT Leadership

Document sent to the review team via email.

17#5

On ToR: On replacement and removal of members, draft text for Review Team considerationRDS-WHOIS2-RT Leadership

Alan sent paragraph via email.

23#5

On Scope: Work with ICANN to ensure last column reflects status of discussionRDS-WHOIS2-RT Leadership

Email sent to leadership.

 

13#4

 

Circulate a v2 that includes comments/input received on draft ToR for Review Team to discuss on plenary call #5 ICANN org

  

Email circulated to RT

  

15#4

 

Put together short clear paragraph that includes issues you believe should be in the scope, in addition to mandatory items listed in BylawsRDS-WHOIS2-RT

  23:59 UTC

Alan sent confirmation email deadline has passed.

  

12#4

 

Read draft Terms of Reference and to suggest edits and/or offer comments in comment boxes or track-changes

RDS-WHOIS2-RT

 23:59 UTC

Alan sent confirmation email deadline has passed.

  

8#3

 

RDS-WHOIS2-RT to schedule time on the next call to discuss how to integrate observersRDS-WHOIS2-RT/

 

Decision reach on call #4.

 

4#2

 

Staff to circulate the ToR template, once finalized, with the review team.ICANN Org/

 

Document sent to RT via email.

 

9#3

 

ICANN Org to distribute recap of RT email discussion to date on scope, so that RT members can begin to draft text for scope section of ToRICANN Org/

 

Email circulated to RT.

 

8#3

 

ICANN Org to update meetings calls invitations for 90 min bi-weekly meetings as from August 3. ICANN Org/

 

Invitations sent to RT using individual email addresses.

 

7#2

 

Alan, Cathrin, and Susan to liaise together to determine the structure of the interim leadership. 




6#2

Create doodle poll to capture availability so a decision can be reached in the next coming weeks.  Any modifications to the meeting schedule would be in place until the first FtoF meeting in October. 

ICANN Org/

Doodle sent via email to RT.

5#2

Create doodle poll to identify who on the RT will be in Abu Dhabi. 

ICANN Org/

Doodle sent via email to RT.

 

3#1

Circulate a poll with potential meeting times for next calls.

ICANN Org

/

Email circulated to RT.

2#1


Circulate a poll to confirm position on whether to hold a meeting or not at ICANN59. Close date for doodle: COB Friday. Input will be sought on date preferences for informal dinner.ICANN Org/

Email to confirm position circulated to RT.

1#1

On leadership: issue call for expressions of interest and structure preferenceICANN Org/

Call for expressions of interest email to RT.

...