Members: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Elise Lindeberg, Greg Shatan, Jaap Akkerhuis, Jonathan Robinson, Lise Fuhr, Maarten Simon, Oliver Crepin-Leblond, Paul Kane (9)
Participants: Alissa Cooper, Allan MacGillivray, Christopher Wilkinson, Chuck Gomes, Gary Hunt, Jari Arkko, Jorge Cancio, Konstantinos Komaitis, Martin Boyle, Matthew Shears, Philip Corwin, Sabine Meyer, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Tracy Hackshaw, Jiankang Yao (15)
Legal Counsel: Josh Hofheimer, Sharon Flanagan, Yael Resnick (3)
Staff: Brenda Brewer, Karen Mulberry, Nathalie Vergnolle, Trang Nguyen, Xavier Calvez, Yuko Green
Apologies: Alan Greenberg
**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**
1. Status Update (Chairs)
2. Implementation Update
· Staff update
3. Key Issues (with Sidley)
· IANA IPR
4. Client Committee
1. Status Update (Jonathan)
- Still working towards Sep 30 transition date
- ICANN Board approved Naming function contract and Services agreement
- PTI board seated: Jonathan Robinson , Lise Fuhr, Akram Atallah, David Conrad, Elise Gerich
2. Implementation Update (Trang)
- IANA IPR agreements finalized
- IETF Trust signature later today
- ICANN Board will meet next week to approve the agreements
3. Key Issues
IANA IPR topics to be discussed today:
- Confirm the definition of the Names community
- Composition of CCG reps
- Effective date of the IANA IPR agreements
Effective date of the IANA IPR agreements:
- Reviewed language proposed
- Transfer of IPR has to be bound to the transition
- Important to get the agreements signed now, to show that we are ready
- Sunset date may not be ideal, but seems to be the compromise that all
parties agreed to.
- CWG agrees with the language.
Definition of the Names community:
- Reviewed proposed definition of the Names community
- No objections from the group.
Nomination of CCG Reps:
- Call for volunteers issued last week
- 3 volunteers responses received: Maarten Simon, Christopher Wilkinson,
- ccNSO nominated Maarten Simon for 1 year
- CCG reps can resign at the time of their choice
- No objection from group.
- Greg Shatan, Maarten Simon and Christopher Wilkinson are
nominated, with Greg Shatan as co-chair.
Signature of the agreement:
- Confirm that CWG is ready to sign the IANA IPR agreements
- ACTION (chairs): confirm via email to ICG that CWG is ready to sign
the IANA IPR agreements
- Suggestion to issue an official note to indicate that CWG has
completed its work for the transition
- No further CWG calls scheduled
- ACTION (chairs): confirm via email to ICG that CWG is ready to sign the IANA IPR agreements
Brenda Brewer: (9/22/2016 08:36) Good day all and welcome to CWG IANA Meeting #93 on 22 September @ 14:00 UTC!
martin boyle, Nominet: (08:59) Hello all!
Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (08:59) @ Brenda - Josh Hofheimer will be audio only for today's call
Gary Hunt - UK Government: (09:01) Good afternoon from London!
Brenda Brewer: (09:01) Thank you Sharon.
martin boyle, Nominet: (09:01) It is just an hour long call today, isn't it? (Well that's what my calendar says!)
Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (09:02) Hello everyone
Yuko Green: (09:02) @Martin, yes, it is an one hour call today
martin boyle, Nominet: (09:02) Thanks Yuko!
Yuko Green: (09:03) All, we will get started shortly
Paul Kane: (09:13) I Agree with the Definition
Paul Kane: (09:13) Agree Maarten
Jari Arkko: (09:23) Greg -- signing before effective date is indeed important
Paul Kane: (09:33) I have to leave now - I've put my comments in the chat - both positive! - cu
Lise Fuhr: (09:33) OK see you Paul
Maarten Simon: (09:34) Thanks Paul
matthew shears: (09:36) when is the deadline for nominations?
Chuck Gomes (RySG): (09:37) Will the three CCG reps be interim reps?
matthew shears: (09:37) thanks Jonathan
Chuck Gomes (RySG): (09:37) No need to revisit; just wanted to know.
Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:38) @Chuck, the appointment letter has them serving until either they resign or the Names Community replaces them.
Chuck Gomes (RySG): (09:38) Thanks Josh.
Maarten Simon: (09:40) I agree with Greg as the co-chair. He has by far the best background for this role.
Jari Arkko: (09:41) Have to leave for my other call. Thanks again guys for everything, this time, and all the effort to date. Still some steps left before the transition is in place. Crossing my fingers. Bye!
Greg Shatan: (09:41) Thank you for your support.
Alissa Cooper: (09:43) hmm no audio, let me reconnect
Lise Fuhr: (09:47) Good bye and thank you all
Chuck Gomes (RySG): (09:47) Thanks everyone. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:47) Take care all.
Maarten Simon: (09:47) Thanks all !
Gary Hunt - UK Government: (09:47) Thank you to all!....Goodbye!
Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC): (09:47) Thanks all!
Yuko Green: (09:47) Thank you all
Wale Bakare: (09:47) Thank you, bye!
Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (09:47) Thank you everyone!
martin boyle, Nominet: (09:47) thanks, bye all
Sivasubramanian M: (09:47) Thank you Bye