Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Sub-group Members:   Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Christian Dawson, Farzaneh Badii, Isaac Maposa, Julf Helsingus, Kavouss Arasteh, RInalia Adbul Rahim, Sebastien Bachollet, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Seun Ojedeji    (11)

Staff:  Brenda Brewer, Karen Mulberry, Lars Hoffmann

Apologies:  Herb Waye, Alan Greenberg, Olga Cavalli, Steve DelBianco

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1. Welcome - Opening Remarks 

2. Review (brief) of last call #9

3. Discussion Topics

a) Final Review and Discussion on Draft text of questions to be sent to SO/ACs 

- Review of the designated community members - noted that this has been captured in the Google doc according and lists groups 
                   according to the bylaws.  The document is 
located at Our Google Doc is at:
                   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xigRIH7gE8NXEf6I0asyM6rUbGmbzHFcy0RGUZA84RY/edit 

b) Discusion of Points for Interim Reporting and Matters for Discussion by our WT in Hyderabad

4. AOB

5. Review of Any Action Items and Next Meeting.

Notes

Attendance will be taken from the list of participants in the Adobe Connect rm.

Cheryl noted an update to SOI as has an additinal role at ICANN

No apologies noted.

1. Review (brief) of last call #9

Started reviewing Staff paper and reviewing the questions to SO/AC for feedback

2. Discussion Topics

a) Final Review and Discussion on Draft text of questions to be sent to SO/ACs 

- Review of the designated community members - noted that this has been captured in the Google doc according and lists groups according to the bylaws.  

The document is located at Our Google Doc is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xigRIH7gE8NXEf6I0asyM6rUbGmbzHFcy0RGUZA84RY/edit  

Farzaneh - Review of the Google doc as there are some terms that need to be clarified.  Replaced questions with questions prepared by Giovanni  as the new 
baseline and revised based on group discussion. Will then start work on Steve's questions.  If groups agrees the final questions will be sent tomorrow to the mailing 
list and will allow the group sometime to review before finalizing them for sending them to the SO/AC Leadership. 

Kavouss - noted that the questions may be mixed up with the transparency group and how decision making is accountability.  Giovanni questions are mixed up.

Sebastien - Noted that are inter-relations between the topics.  It is also important to get the views of the SO/ACs on these questions.  the groups can then determine the way to use the response.

Kavouss - Noted that election is not accountability

CLO - the questions should be an opportunity for the SO/ACs to inform the group of their accountability processes and procedures.   

Noted from the chat - Rinalia Abdul Rahim: As I recall, the accountability framework that WS1 had looked at included 4 aspects: Transparency, Consultation/Participation, Appeal 
and Redress. Questions for SO/AC that fall along this frame about their accountability to their stakeholders are appropriate to my mind.

CLO Noted that the responses are expeted to be due 1 November

Kavouss - proposed to remove transparency, in particular put question 3 in brackets.

Poll taken to agree to removing the word transparency from the document. - small group on the call did not support removing transparency, will send the poll out to the list for further consideration

b) Discussion of Points for Interim Reporting and Matters for Discussion by our WT in Hyderabad

CLO - ask to send interim report for the group to the CCWG Plenary for the Hyderabad F2F meeting.

Farzaneh read the text of the proposed progress report for group consideration.  Chairs are continuing to prepare the progress report and will finalize it tomorrow.  The current draft of the 
progress report is located on the wiki page at https://community.icann.org/x/vQS4Aw 

3. AOB - No new business noted

4. Review of Any Action Items 

Next Meeting, 27 October @ 13:00 UTC

Proposed keeping the groups frequency and timing of calls going forward keeping the regular schedule of meetings.  

Discussion of meeting in Hyderabad part of the plenary discussion.

ACTION ITEMS

1. Quick turn around for the group to submit comments on questions sent to the list so they can be sent to the SO/AC Leaderhsip fo responses.

Documents Presented   

**drafts that are posted are static views of the master text that is being edited in the groups Google doc and may not reflect on going edits and changes

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer:Good day all and welcome to SO/AC Subgroup Meeting #10 on 20 October 2016 @ 05:00 UTC!

Kavouss Arasteh:Good dAY dEAR bRENDA

Brenda Brewer:Hello Kavouss!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Hi Brenda

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Hello Kavous

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member::-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Hi Farzi

Farzaneh Badii:Hi Cheryl :)

Farzaneh Badii:Hi Kavouss

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Sent Brenda  PDF  of the interim Report drft to display (in cse you have not waded through emails yet)

Farzaneh Badii:yes saw that thanks a lot

Brenda Brewer:got it!  Thanks Cheryl!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Great  Brenda  thx the display looked fine

Julf Helsingius:Good morning

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Hi Julf

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Afternoon here in AU  for Tom and I

Tom Dale (ACIG GAC Secretariat):And a sunny afternoon at that.

Julf Helsingius:You guys are always ahead of us...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Indeed! ;-)

Kavouss Arasteh:your voice is totally didtorted

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:OK   Kvous  I will look into that  but my audio check with staff earlier was just fine

Julf Helsingius:Yes, sound quality was not great

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:NP  will fix

Kavouss Arasteh:I COULD NOT GRASP WHAT YOU WERE TAKING ABOUT

Julf Helsingius:Much better

Kavouss Arasteh:Better now

Christian Dawson:evening, all

Kavouss Arasteh:I have difficulties to down googl doc.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Staff  can you please note an apology from Steve  unless he is able to join us later

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Yes Kavous we recogniose some people have issues using Google Docs  where that is the case we make a best effort  to add any comments we see into the doc

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:indeed Sebastien  and A&T  are often linked

Farzaneh Badii:they don't have to go through their procedure of elections

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Sorry for the delay seun

avri:apologies for tardiness

Rinalia Abdul Rahim:As I recall, the accountability framework that WS1 had looked at included 4 aspects: Transparency, Consultation/Participation, Appeal and Redress. Questions for SO/AC that fall along this frame about their accountability to their stakeholders are appropriate to my mind.

Julf Helsingius:I agree with Rinalia

avri:do we use square brackets?

avri:keep transparency

avri:must keep transparency

avri:it is actually a white x on red background

avri:rough consensus

avri:near consensus

avri:not perfect consensus

avri:why the fear of transparency

avri:agains tsquate brackets

avri:this is not the ITU

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Noted Avri

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Kavous is that an old hand? or a new intervention

Farzaneh Badii:definitely Kavouss. we will provide a pdf.

Farzaneh Badii:we will provide pdf for all the documents

Karen Mulberry:To assist in getting the draft materials available to the group, Staff Support can post verisons on the subgroup wiki page to make it easier to access

avri:google docs are my favorite docs since they work on all pltforms not just windows and OSX

avri:they also allow collaborative work.

avri:but we shoudl drop pdf for those who refuse to use.

Julf Helsingius:trying to understand why google docs don't work for everyone

Farzaneh Badii:Steve copy pasted your comments Kavouss. I will send you a pdf of that document

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:indeed!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Yes I could not agree more Sebastien

Kavouss Arasteh: i have serious difficulties to download Google DOC.

Farzaneh Badii:I understand Kavouss. I hope we can solve the problem. also Karen saiad the updates are on wiki page as well

Kavouss Arasteh:This is friendly working little suib group AND MNOT MILITRY SCHOOL$

Farzaneh Badii:"Karen Mulberry: To assist in getting the draft materials available to the group, Staff Support can post verisons on the subgroup wiki page to make it easier to access"

avri:friendly?

Kavouss Arasteh:AND THE ADDRESS OF WIKI PAGE

avri:where it alwasy is.

Farzaneh Badii:Karen can you do me a favour and post the Wiki Address

Brenda Brewer:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_vQS4Aw&d=DQICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=kbiQDH54980u4nTPfwdloDLY6-6F24x0ArAvhdeDvvc&m=1ni-nB3iTP7Hyws81IdHmieJ8qZDezklQUhfboSLC10&s=DH7dyCwV8gwScILtF_nPKSWqs2JZkA8gj6c7arMejiU&e=

Farzaneh Badii:Thanks Brenda. Kavouss, the above link takes you to Wiki

Farzaneh Badii:yes :) tracks are just to make following the issues easier. (hopefully)

Farzaneh Badii:thanks Cheryl

Tom Dale (ACIG GAC Secretariat):Thank you all.

Julf Helsingius:Thanks!

Farzaneh Badii:Thanks everyone. Goodbye

Kavouss Arasteh 3:Farzaneh

Farzaneh Badii:yes Kavouss

Kavouss Arasteh 3:Pls send me a copy of all your document via e-mail

Kavouss Arasteh 3:Tks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Bye everyone

Farzaneh Badii:I will do that . but not the latest doc, I will send that to the mailing list when ready

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:She sid several time she will be Kavous

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:sid=Said

Farzaneh Badii:Bye Kavouss Rooz Khosh

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) ALAC AP CCWG Member:Thnks everyone