Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

How do I join a Working Group (WG)?

Send an email to the GNSO Secretariat at gnso-secs@icann.org - specify if you want to join as a Member or as an Observer. As a Member, you will have full posting rights on the WG mailing list and will be able to participate on WG calls and at meetings. As an Observer, you will have read-only rights to the WG mailing list and will not be able to join or participate in WG calls or meetings. Members will have to fill in a Statement of Interest prior to joining the WG.

Is joining a WG the only way to participate in a GNSO Policy Development Process (PDP)?

Generally speaking, yes - in terms of being able to discuss and deliberate on proposals with other WG Members while the PDP is ongoing, in order to craft the final policy recommendations. However, there are other, specific opportunities to contribute to gTLD policymaking, such as sending in a public comment to WG draft reports that are published for public comment at a certain phase in the WG's work, or (as part of an ICANN Supporting Organization or Advisory Committee or a GNSO Stakeholder Group or Constituency) responding to a WG's solicitation of community input from these groups.

Do I need to be a member of an ICANN Supporting Organization or Advisory Committee, or a GNSO Stakeholder Group or Constituency, to join a WG?

Absolutely not - all GNSO WGs (both for PDPs and non-PDP work) are always open to anyone.

Can I join a WG after it has started work?

Yes! WGs are open to new Members and Observers throughout the course of their work. However, you will be expected to take the time to familiarize yourself with work that has already been completed by the group, and not re-open issues for which discussion has ended.

Who can join the Working Group ( WG ) calls?

Only WG members may join the weekly calls (unless exceptions are made for certain calls and announced beforehand). Call-in and Adobe Connect details are therefore sent only to WG members via the “ntfy” mailing address – members are requested to not circulate these details without first consulting the WG co-chairs. 

However, WG sessions held during ICANN Public Meetings are generally open to all – including Observers and members of the public. Remote participation and call-in details for these open sessions are normally posted on the ICANN meeting schedule and also mirrored/compiled by the GNSO Secretariat for the convenience of GNSO community members.

Feel free to contact any of the staff members who are supporting this WG at any time! Besides myself, David Tait and , or any member of the GNSO Secretariat. We are also always available to assist if we canhere to assist you and facilitate the policy work of the GNSO community.

Where can I find more information about how to participate more effectively online?