• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Deck of Cards
idcandidates
Card
labelChair - Tapani Tarvainen

Dear all,

Here's my candidate statement for the NCSG Chair election.

Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment:

Tapani Tarvainen, Europe, male, chief engineer at Jyväskylä University,

Finland.

Any conflicts of interest:

None.

Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position:

NCSG has an important part to play in keeping the Internet free by

influencing ICANN's policies. And we have several gifted and

competent people working on those policies.

But in order to get their work done they also need administrative

support - bureacracy if you will.

I see the role of Chair in NCSG as an administrative one:

keeping the bureaucracy working and well-oiled so that the

people working on substantive issues can get on with their

work with minimal administrative hurdles.

That also explains my approach to administration: I believe it

should be mostly invisible, and the Chair and Executive Committee

should generally do their job in the background, keeping away from

the limelights.

That's what I've been doing the past year and at least NCSG

has not totally collapsed yet, so I guess I could've done worse.

Although admittedly when I started as the Chair last year I was, in

retrospect unsurprisingly, too optimistic about what I could get

done and how fast. But that is the way of things: they always take

longer than expected.

A few things I've got on on the agenda, either going on or

planned for the coming year:

* New membership management system is well on the way, indeed

I hope it to by up and running before the Hyderabad meeting.

* An independent website for NCSG is also coming along as part

of the same project.

* The Finance Committee has been reactivated, although later than

I'd hoped, so they haven't been able to do much yet, but

I trust they'll do more in the coming year.

* More NCUC-NPOC joint activities and continuing to improve

the relations between our two constituencies.

* Conducting a review of constituencies as our charter requires

us to do every two years.

* Establishing and documenting procedures for various things

the Executive Committee needs to do, like member removal.

Qualifications for the position:

Been there, done that. :-)

I won't bore you with my resume: let it suffice to say that

I have an extensive experience in dealing with and administering

various civil society organizations. Now including the NCSG.

Statement of availability for the time the position requires:

Yes: I have agreed with my employer, Jyväskylä university, that I

can continue to use some working hours to Chair the NCSG. I have

also decreased my activities in Effi, so I think I will have enough

time to handle the duties of our stakeholder group's Chair.

-- 
Tapani Tarvainen
Card
labelGNSO Councillors
Deck of Cards
idGNSO Councillors
Card
labelStephanie Perrin

Name:  Stephanie Perrin
Region of residence:  Canada, North America
Employment:  PhD candidate, retired federal public servant
Conflicts of Interest:  none that I am aware of
Reasons for willingness to take on the position: 

My candidate statement has not really changed from what I submitted in 2014.  I still believe that ICANN is a wonderful experiment in multistakeholder management of a key resource.  I still want it to work, but after two years of hard work on Council and various PDPs I understand the threats and challenges better.  I believe that my experience and knowledge can be useful at ICANN. I am a hard worker and a passionate advocate, and I would like to try to make a difference here.  There is a great team at NCSG, many different characters with all kinds of talents and skills, and I would be proud to represent them and the non-commercial users we all represent at the GNSO.  I have a lot of international experience, I understand key stakeholders like the GAC, and I would love the challenge of trying to help find solutions for some of the policy and procedural issues with which the GNSO struggles.

Qualifications for the position:

I have spent 30 years in the Canadian federal government, most of it in the Department of Communications and the Department of Industry, in the areas of telecom policy, and international trade in telecommunciations, media and broadcasting, and intellectual property.   I worked in Canada-US  trade and technology impact assessment, during the 90s when the Internet was developed, and have broad experience working with governments on e-commence.  I represented Canada at the OECD working group on security and privacy for ten years, and was a vice-chair of the group which developed cryptography policy guidelines.  During the 90s, I also worked for ten years on Canada's privacy standard (CAN/CSA-Q830-96) and was Director of Privacy Policy responsible for turning that standard into Canada's private sector privacy law.  After the law passed, I took leave and went to work as Canada's first Chief Privacy Officer, for Zero Knowledge Systems, a privacy enhancing technology company that developed anonymous browsing and email software. I have also worked, back in government, for six years in risk management, integrity, and values and ethics.  I also was Director of Research and Policy at the federal Office of the Privacy Commissioner, and worked to steer the office to examine Internet issues, including the ICANN WHOIS issues of the day (2005-7).  I have done a lot of public speaking, and believe I can intervene effectively to represent you.  I am fluent in English and French. 

This experience is very relevant to the policy issues I see at ICANN, for the following reasons: 

· ICANN is at an inflection point in terms of its maturity.  It needs to mature and develop better risk management, better accountability and values and ethics, and better compliance with human rights law.  I think my practical government experience in these areas could be useful.

· There are serious privacy issues at ICANN, and a lack of expertise.  This is my principal area of expertise, and I have a keen desire to contribute and to make things better.

· During 2013-2014 I worked on the Experts Working Group on directory services for new gTLDs, (WHOIS replacement) where I learned quite a lot about the issues behind this key debate.  I have now joined the GNSO/RDS PDP where it is critical to have someone who understands the EWG report, as it is clearly the template for future work.

· During the past two years I worked on the working group on accreditation of Privacy Proxy Services, and on the working group on policy and implementation as well as the working group looking at WHOIS conflicts with law..   I also worked on the GNSO Review team, and prepared detailed comments on the outside examiners report.   I have monitored all the CCWG work on the IANA transition, and I regularly review budget reports. 

· Again, my government policy and management experience, and the many years that I have volunteered on standards development groups and shadow groups have, I think, given me insight into these processes that has proven useful. 

Statement of availability for the time the position required: 

I am no longer working fulltime, and my studies are focused on issues related to ICANN.  I therefore have abundant time to devote to ICANN work, particularly the GNSO.  Over the past two years I have devoted approximately half my work week to ICANN.

Additional information:  

I am studying at the Information School of the University of Toronto.  I am writing my PhD dissertation  on why ICANN has refused to adopt privacy policy or law.  I have spent my career either applying law or developing solutions, including technology and law, so my return to school is largely to satisfy that hunger to understand things at a more theoretical level.  I continue to work to also fix that problem, and get some practical implementation of commonly accepted privacy policies at ICANN.  This is my focus in much of the PDP work I have done, because there is a lot happening on privacy issues, but it is certainly not my only area of interest.  It is important that we pace our work to avoid burnout, but I am also keenly interested in attracting new talent to work at ICANN, and in mentoring. 

CV

Thanks for your attention.

Stephanie Perrin

Card
labelEd Morris
STATEMENT OF EDWARD MORRIS

CANDIDATE FOR RE-ELECTION AS A GNSO COUNCILLOR REPRESENTING THE NONCOMMERCIAL USERS STAKEHOLDER GROUP (NCSG)

• Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment:

- Edward Morris
- Europe
- Male
- Employment: independent contractor specializing in event management, specifically concert management. Clients within the past six months include: Doctor Music, Barley Arts, Live Nation, SMG Europe, JLM Group, abc Production AG.
- Academic: Colorado State University: MA in Organizational Leadership program.

• Any conflicts of interest:

None

• Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position:

1. I don’t like being told what I can say, 2. I have a passion for many of our issues with a skill set we need that is not otherwise represented in our Council contingent and 3. Jon Postel was a good guy.

My answers are quite simplistic but they really cut to the base of why I’m involved in the NCSG, and why I’m willing to commit to two more years to what I’ve found to be an incredible time and energy consuming position.

I’m a free speech guy. Big time. I’m told that as a young boy I used to throw toys out of the crib whenever my parents asked me to be quiet. I haven’t changed much. I can couch it in sophisticated terms, I can quote Milton as in “give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties”, and others, but my passion for free speech comes from my heart rather than from my head. I believe that gives it added impact and is a guarantee to you, our Members, that I will be vigilant and will battle any attempt to use ICANN to censor the internet in any way, shape or form. It’s not just an intellectual obligation for me, it’s at the core of who I am.

Intellectual monopoly interests (an older and, in my view, far more accurate depiction of the bundle of rights referred to in recent years as “intellectual property”) not only are overrepresented everywhere I look at ICANN but are attempting to achieve in ICANN what they could not achieve through legislation in the wider world. That not only is wrong, it is dangerous, threatens free speech and thought, and the NCSG needs to continue in our traditional role of opposing the IPC maximalists in ICANN. I want to help.

I am the only candidate or returning Councilor with extensive intellectual monopoly experience. I have an LLM in IP Law, with distinction, from London (Queen Mary), a number of lesser postgraduate diplomas in the field, and was a card carrying academic member of the International Trademark Association (NTA) for four plus years. Intellectual monopoly rights are at the heart of policy discussions at ICANN and I believe it is important that at least one NCSG Councilor has some depth of knowledge in the field. In fact, when I was hesitating about volunteering to continue on Council I was asked to consider serving again for this specific reason by some of our Members most involved in intellectual monopoly issues. We need someone with IP expertise on Council to ensure fair and balanced GNSO output in this field. With your consent, I would like to serve that role for the NCSG during the next two years.

My legal experience and experience in statutory drafting (principally for the Great and General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts) is also something that differentiates me from the other talented Members who have volunteered to serve you on the GNSO Council. This particular aspect of my background allows me to perhaps review proposed Charters and Issue Reports in a slightly different way than those without legal expertise. We may not want an entire contingent of Councilors who think like lawyers, in fact we don’t, but one or two are absolutely essential to get the job done properly.

Finally, Jon. For those who don’t know, in the formative days of the internet Jon Postel was ICANN. Along with Joyce Reynolds, Jon ran the names and addressing functions largely by himself out of offices at the University of Southern California (USC). I first met Jon when I was a freshman at USC and was given a menial work-study job in his office. Jon was larger than life, hated shoes, and was really nice to a scared young kid 3,000 miles from home. He was the man who taught me by example that it was OK just to be myself.

I don’t think Jon would like the modern ICANN very much. Suits, fancy watches and bling weren’t his thing. I do think he’d like us, though: Jon was about freedom in his personal life, and freedom for everyone in his professional life. Bringing ICANN back to the principles Jon lived by and believed in is a big part of the reason why I’m in the NCSG. To pay back a man, if only a little, who pointed me in the right direction when my own life could have gone either way.

• Qualifications for the position:

When I ran for Council two years ago, many of you did not know me, nor me you. So we could get to know each other, I detailed my background quite extensively in my 2014 Candidate Statement, which can still be found here:https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Edward+Morris .

To summarize, I’ve had a career that has taken me through a range of positions in government, politics, entertainment and the human rights field, working for people as diverse as Edward Kennedy, Gabby Giffords, Mary Robinson and Bruce Springsteen. I earned my undergraduate degree from the University of Southern California, my principle law degrees are from the University of Lapland and the University of London (Queen Mary), and I have since acquired a variety of postgraduate degrees and short term diplomas from a dozen institutions in nine countries in a variety of fields including business, trade law, human rights and cybersecurity. I have a tendency to do what I want in life and although the path I’ve chosen has not blessed me with a ton of money or security it sure has been an interesting journey.

At this point, though, I’d suggest my principle qualification for this position is that I am your current councilor. I have a record for you to judge and, although I’m never completely satisfied with anything I do, I submit I’ve done a fairly decent job for you. I’ve certainly tried.

Effort without success is failure. I don’t like failure. Fortunately I do believe I’ve had some areas I can point to where I’ve had some success working on your behalf as your GNSO Councilor the past two years. Let me highlight a few of them:

• Since ICANN was created there has been an effort by the community to gain access to documents and financial records used in the functioning of the corporation. Karl Auerbach, the last directly elected ICANN Board member from North America (fun fact: he beat Larry Lessig for the board seat) had to sue ICANN to get Inspection of these records for board members, despite having that right under California law.

When the CCWG Accountability began on December 9, 2014 I proposed that we adopt a membership structure for the corporation. Inspection rights came with membership under California law. Membership became our operating model for much of the existence of the CCWG. When Board pressure caused the community to dump membership, I successfully led the effort to retain Inspection rights in the new model, actually holding post midnight discussions with the CCWG tri-chairs in Dublin to ensure it was retained. When the Board rejected Inspection in their initial evaluation of the CCWG proposal I continued to educate, converse with and otherwise lobby Board members on the matter. I sent each one of them a Christmas card. In the end, the Board not only relented but together we developed an Inspection plus model that also included an Investigation right, providing for an audit of ICANN by community request under certain circumstances. I know of no corporation in California with macro transparency mechanisms this strong.

Lots of people contribute to the making of any policy at ICANN. No difference here. That said, I do believe I did make a major contribution to this community being able to get these transparency rights placed in the Bylaws, rights that had eluded it for a decade and a half. I’m quite sure that when I finish my work here this will be my greatest accomplishment in this space.

1. In February 2015 Westlake Consulting released a report as part of the GNSO Review that was devastating to the noncommercial community. Using substandard methodology, heresay, and other methodologically improper methods the report was a clear hatchet job that imperiled this stakeholder group and both constituencies.

Working at the Constituency level, with the help of Stefania Milan, I constructed a strategic response to Westlake and was principle author of a 10 page response that, after having been greatly improved by many NCSG members and brilliantly edited by Bill Drake, caused the consulting firm to delete most of the offending material. We beat them by producing a more professional and scientifically strenuous report than these paid consultants could produce. It was a tribute to all of us in the NCSG.

Councilors need to be active defending their Stakeholder Group and Constituencies in Council and throughout ICANN.

• During the past two years I’ve written and have submitted to ICANN either as sole author, co-author or principle pen holder 17 public comments. The one comment I most prize was one which received a headline in Domain Incite that read “Odd-couple coalition wants URS deleted from legacy gTLD contracts”.

This issue was an important one: ICANN’s bypassing of the PDP process by contractually imposing new gTLD RPM’s on legacy gTLD’s. What was unique about this comment, though, was it’’s authorship: it was a joint comment of the NCSG and the Commercial Stakeholders Group (CSG).  As Kevin Murphy wrote, “Commercial and non-commercial interests within ICANN have formed a rare alliance in order to oppose the Uniform Rapid Suspension policy in three new legacy gTLD contracts”.

The comment was jointly written by myself and Phil Corwin, a fellow GNSO Councilor from the Business Constituency. Council offers the opportunity for bridge building across Stakeholder Groups. I work well with Phil, as I do with many of the other Councilors from the other groups. A further example of this was my recent appointment to the GNSO drafting team (DT)  that will port transition accountability measures into the GNSO. The NCSG will have one more representative than any other group because I was appointed not by the NCSG policy committee but by a Councilor appointed by the Nominating Committee that had appreciated the work I had done in the CCWG.

When mutual interests dictate, Councilors need to be proactive working with other groups in a cooperative and friendly fashion so all parties can achieve the maximum result for those whom they represent.

• In March of this year I had the honour of representing the ICANN community as a lecturer at USC’s Institute of Internet Policy. Presenting alongside Steve Crocker, Fadi Chehade, Vint Cerf, Fiona Alexander and our own Wolfgang Kleinwachter, I spoke both of the noncommercial communities role in ICANN and of the actual (as opposed to theoretical) way policy is made in the organization.

As Councilor there are times you are called upon to represent the NCSG externally. When asked to do so I do my best to project a professional, competent and truthful image. I’ve been invited back to speak at next years Institute.

These are just a few examples of the things I’ve been working on for you, in a wide variety of areas, as one of your GNSO Councilors.

I also made some promises to you when I ran for the Council seat I currently hold about my values and how I would conduct myself representing you. I hope I’ve kept my word to you:

Attendance: I promised you that if elected I would show up and do my job. I have. I have a Council meeting attendance rate of 96.2%. Of the 167 participants of the CCWG-Accountability group only 9 attended more meetings than I (62 plenary sessions). I achieved perfect attendance on the CCWG legal sub-team and achieved attendance rates in excess of 67% in all other other CCWG working groups, parties and sub-teams I have been a part of.

-Corporate largess: I promised you that if elected I would not accept any gift, drink or food from any corporate entity and that I would not attend the Grand Gala’s that for some highlight an ICANN meeting. I have kept my word to you in this regard. I don’t judge others but for me to accept anything from a corporate party that may have a position on an issue before Council would constitute a potential conflict of interest, one that I believe prudent to best avoid.

-Contributions: Serving on the GNSO Council is public service to me. It’s important to me that I do not financially benefit from this service in any way. I pledged that any money I received from ICANN as a stipend for meeting attendance that exceeded my expenses I would donate to children’s charities at meeting sites. I did so. Small contributions were made to the following charities in the name of the NCSG:

• Children’s Fund of the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles  $110 
  • Catholic Childrens Centre, Singapore  200 Singapore $
  • I made a donation in Argentina but lost the receipt. I don’t have the name or amount. My apology.
  • UNICEF-Morocco $150
  • Jack and Jill Foundation 90 euro
  • Mannerheim League for Child Welfare 85 euro

• Statement of availability for the time the position requires:

To do this job properly you just can’t sit on Council: you need to be active in working groups, read the industry press, attend to the activities of the Stakeholder Group and both constituencies. I’m currently, somehow, active in nine working groups / subgroups, am the rapporteur for one, and all of this is in addition to my Council, Stakeholder Group and Constituency activities.

I do not have enough time to do all of this. No one does. I do have flexibility, money is not the most important thing in my life, and I’m willing to give it a go for another two years if you want me to. All I can promise is I will do everything I can to do the best I can to keep this level of activity going for the next 24 months. I’ll never be a Councilor who just shows up for the Meetings: that you can count on. I don’t do things half way as the principle of moderation never really appealed to me in any area of my life! If you return me to represent you on the GNSO Council I will work for you and our mutual interests as hard as I can and for as many hours as needed and possible.  I take my commitments seriously, I show up and I do the work. That’s who I am.

• The nominee’s statement may also include any other information the candidate believes in relevant:

I’ve had the good fortune of receiving the endorsement of some of this communities leading figures. These are people I’ve worked closely with in this field for the past two years. If you’re still trying to figure out what I’m about and whether you should vote for me I’d ask you to consider the comments of those who know best the work I’ve done on your behalf:

NCUC co-founder Kathy Kleiman:

NPOC Chair Klaus Stoll:

NCSG PC Chair Marilia Maciel:

I don’t deserve half of what they have written about me but I’m deeply appreciative that they took the time to write what they did.

Going forward, here are a few of the things I’d like to focus on if you return me to Council:

1. Budget – I was the principle author on Council of this years GNSO budget comment. The ICANN budget is complicated but with our increased community powers post transition now including budgetary approval authority we need to have someone with expertise in the matter. I hope to be that person and have discussed both with Council leadership and staff the way I can continue to increase my knowledge and competence in the area so that I can contribute further in this regard;

2. Council procedure: appointments:  Council is not set up to appoint people to anything. Yet increasingly that has become one of our primary responsibilities. I’ve had discussions with the Council Chair on this matter and believe we’ll be setting up a committee to try to create a more permament solution in this area. I hope to be able to contribute to that effort;

3. Travel: There has been a bit of a reorganization of the reporting structure of the ICANN Travel Department. I’ve been told to expect changes in support types, amounts and frequency. Most of our members, including myself, are not wealthy and rely upon ICANN support to attend Meetings. I intend to monitor this situation and if changes are proposed or imposed I will fight to ensure the NCSG is no worse off, and perhaps better off, going forward than we are today;

4. Pro bono commitment to access the IRP: During early stages of the CCWG-Accountability we obtained assurances that nonprofits and other less than wealthy organisations would be able to obtain some sort of pro bono assistance to access the new Independent Review Panels. Somewhere that promise has been lost. I intend to do my best to see that it is restored;

5. Rights Protection Mechanisms: As the CCWG work stream 2 winds down I intend to increase my participation in the RPM WG. Eventually I would like to make this my principle policy focus in ICANN;

6. Continued leadership in the CCWG: As rapporteur for the CEP subgroup I will lead the efforts in this area and will continue my work on the Transparency, Ombudsman and Jurisdiction subgroups. In addition, as an appointed member of the Legal Executive I will help manage our independent counsel.

I’m sorry to be so expansive but I wanted you to get a full picture of what I’ve been doing on your behalf the past two years. I sincerely thank you for placing your trust in me, I hope I haven’t let you down, I’ve tried my best, and I would be honoured if you would consider returning me to the GNSO Council as your representative for a final two year term.

Now for the song.

Two years ago I concluded my statement with a campaign song. It’s a way to show everyone where I spend a lot of my time, concerts, but also it’s a way for me to send a larger message to everyone, one better conveyed by music than by words. Last time I sent everyone a link to “Land of Hope and Dreams” with the message that the internet is for everyone.

The NCSG is a great group with a great bunch of people. Yet, sometimes things aren’t all that positive here. Disagreement over policy morphs into the politics of personal attack. Heck, I’ve been the recipient of a few attacks like that and it sucks. Sometimes other groups and people are demonized as being evil, to contrast them with the “good” us. I’m not a big fan of such bipolar thought.  So many good people here yet sometimes we’re dragged down into such negativity. It’s bad karma and I personally am not comfortable with it.

So my campaign song this year is a hope for a better day, a day when mutual respect and caring creates a vibe so positive that people look over to us and want to join us because we are just so positive and supportive of everyone we come in contact with, friend and perceived enemy alike. Wouldn’t that be great? So here’s a message from a guy I just spent ten weeks running around Europe with, in a video of mine from Glasgow that went a bit viral: Here’s Bruce Springsteen with Waiting On A Sunny Day:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrzJSUY_4w. May such days be in all our futures!

Peace everyone,

Ed

WORKING GROUP / SUBGROUP PARTICIPATION DURING MY FIRST TERM AS YOUR COUNCILOR

Current:

- Rapporteur, CCWG, Reviewing the CEP sub-team
- NCA appointee, Drafting Team on new GNSO rights and obligations under the revised ICANN Bylaws
- Appointed, CCWG, Legal Executive
- Participant, CCWG - Accountability
- CCWG, Jurisdiction sub-team
-CCWG , Ombudsmn sub-team
-CCWG, Transparency sub-team
-Review of Rights Protection Mechanisms WG
-Review of Rights Protection Mechanisms, Trademark Clearinghouse Subgroup

Past:

-Participant, CCWG: Accountability
-Rapporteur, CCWG, Ombudsman sub-team, WS1
-CCWG Work party 1
-CCWG Work Party 2
-CCWG Work Party 2
-CCWG Work Party 2 Ombudsmn sub-team
-CCWG Work Party 2, Independent Review sub-team
-CCWG Stress Test Work Party
-CCWG Legal sub-team
-CCWG Legal sub-team Executive, WS1
-CCWG Work Area 1
-CCWG Work Area 4
-Council, budget working group
-Council, sexual harassment working group
Card
labelRafik Dammak
Hi everyone, 

Please find below my candidate statement,

• Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
Rafik Dammak
Asia(Tunisian citizen)
Male
Computer engineer
  • Any conflicts of interest:
none
  • Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position:    
I am willing to volunteer for NCSG again and serve in policy position this time representing non-commercial interests:
  1. To advocate for NCSG positions within GNSO council regarding policy development. For that purpose, I will liaise with the wider NCSG membership to keep them informed about GNSO council activities, decisions, updates,  regularly consult with them and explaining rationale behind any vote. I want also to emphasize about working and cooperating with other NCSG councillors to make us more  effective, coordinated.   
  2. For years, I worked on engaging NCSG members and doing regular outreach. As councillor, I will focus on helping newcomers and those interested by policy to grasp more about ICANN and in particular GNSO functioning with regard to working group and policy development processes. I will also continue the work on the membership engagement from another level: currently, we have our monthly policy confcall but more need to be done to make it more accessible and understandable.   I will be glad to work on preparing new leadership to volunteers in next year's' positions, via mentorship, advices with help of other veterans
  3. Liaise with other groups in  GNSO and cooperate with them for common positions, to increase NCSG influence and make us more vocal and visible.
 •  Qualifications for the position:
I served NCSG interests in several roles and became aware about  our members needs, expectations, the challenges facing us and our own limits. I chose such position because I do believe we have to strengthen our policy work  and prepare for next levels set by the context of IANA stewardship transition, ICANN reform and forthcoming GNSO changes. I do think that I bring different experiences:
  1. I participated in several working groups within ICANN on behalf of NCSG. I was co-chair of  new applicant support working group , a cross working group between GNSO and ALAC aimed to give support for new gTLD applicants from developing countries, and I am also the co-chair  the cross-community working group on Internet Governance. 
  2. I was GNSO councilor in 2009 for 3 years representing NCSG and non-commercial interests. I am pretty familiar with GNSO policies, processes and procedures, kept updated of latest changes happening there  in addition to the awareness about the dynamic of the groups we have to work with.
  3. I was NCSG and NCUC chair for 3 years now, doing the admin and organizational work at stakeholder group and constituency level, liaising with ICANN staff and leadership,  with other groups officers. I also kept following policy development and supported councillors work, acknowledging the challenges and difficulties
 • Statement of availability for the time the position requires:
Yes, I am available and committing as GNSO councillor

• The nominee’s statement may also include any other information that the candidate believes is relevant: 
I learned a lot with my involvement within NCSG in last years and saw different aspect of our challenges as group and as structure. We are a volunteer-based structure and we get to prepare for the future, while I can help for policy as I did for the organizational side, I would like to spend also the time to prepare for those will lead in coming years. nobody lasts forever and everyone should be easily replaced to keep NCSG sustainable.