• Formatting was changed.

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Supported By

Date Nominee Accepted

Nominee's StatementResult

Holly  Raiche

Holly RaicheMaureen Hilyard  Satish Babu, Kaili Kan, Pavan Budhrani, Nadira Alaraj, Yannis Li

04-29

selected by acclamation

Nominations for APRALO Chair Position (AGM 2016 - 2018)

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Supported By

Date Nominee Accepted

Results

Siranush VardanyanSiranush VardanyanMaureen Hilyard

Satish Babu

Kaili Kan

Pavan Budhrani

Nadira Alaraj

Yannis Li 

04-29

selected by acclamation

Nominations for APRALO Vice-Chair Position (AGM 2016-AGM 2018)

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Supported By

Date Nominee Accepted

Results

Ali  AlMeshal

Ali AlMeshalMaureen Hilyard

Satish Babu, Amal R. Al-saqqaf, Kaili Kan, Pavan Budhrani, Nadira Alaraj, Yannis Li

04-29

selected by acclamation

APRALO Secretariat Position (2016-2017)*

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated By

Supported By

Date Nominee Accepted

Results

Pavan Budhrani  Pavan BudhraniAPRALO Leadership Team 

Satish Babu,

Kaili Kan

Pavan Budhrani

Nadira Alaraj

Yannis Li

04-29

appointed by acclamation  

*This is a discretionary appointment

Role Previously Held By

Nominee

Nominated by / Supported By

Date Accepted

Nominee's Statement (optional)
Regional Candidate(s) Recommended to the ALAC
ALAC Appointed Delegates to the NomCom
Amir Qayyum  

Siranush Vardanyan

Supporters:

Satish Babu

Ali AlMeshal

04-29

Dear APRALO members,

It is my honour to accept the nomination for the APRALO representative to NomCom for the next one year term. I am thankful for the support by Siranush, Satish and Ali, for their nomination and supporting emails. This indeed encourages me to continue serving the community, with new motivation and enthusiasm.

During my term as an APRALO representative to NomCom, I participated actively in the serious and rigorous work of NomCom. It is quite an enriching experience for me, although the pace of work is unrelenting (specially from February to May) and requires regular time commitment for the weekly calls and for their preparation.

I also participated in the work of NomCom sub-committees and was member of the Travel Logistics and Application Software sub-committees.

I also participated very actively in the NomCom outreach activities. I tried to utilize all possible opportunities for presenting the NomCom and its work, mostly in the seminars, workshops, meeting sessions and face to face interactions. In this regard, I pitched-in NomCom work during my talk in joint ICANN / ISOC / APNIC's Pakistan School on Internet Governance 2015, and then in ISOC's INET Islamabad event, mostly in individual meetings with delegates. Then in December 2015 in Nepal and in January 2016 in Thailand, I got an opportunity to talk about NomCom with a large number of Asian and European delegates, during four different European Commission's Erasmus Mundus Project meetings.

All these experiences were good, with many people getting interested in knowing about the NomCom and the available positions. Due to everyone’s involvement, efforts by the whole NomCom 2016 team made a very good number of candidates this year, with maximum number of applicants from Asia Pacific region.

Once again, I would like to thank you all for supporting my nomination to remain as the APRALO representative to NomCom. I believe that this past year has trained me to work more efficiently, with a better understanding of NomCom work and procedures. With the support of a great leadership team, I feel myself committed and devoted to work for another term on the NomCom, if trusted by our great APRALO community.

Looking forward to continue working with you.

Amir Qayyum by acclamation Amir Qayyum 

Selection Schedule for 2016 ALAC Delegates to the NomCom