Date Accepted

Results

Nominee Statement

(Optional) 

Term to Serve

ALAC Member (RALO)

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Tijani BEN JEMAA SOI

Seun Ojedeji (nominator), Wafa Dahmani, Beran Dondeh, Janvier Noulaye, Daniel Nanghaka, Khaled Koubaa, Barrack Otieno, Fatimata Seye Sylla, Mohamed El Bashir, Hadja Ouattara Sanon, Mondher Laabidi, Sarah Kiden, Michel Tchonang Linze, Dave Kissoondoyal, Brahim Ousmane, Douglas Onyango, Aziz Hilali, Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong, Baudouin Schombe

03 May

selected by acclamation

2016 AGM - 2018 AGM

Secretariat

Barrack Otieno

Beran Dondeh

Seun Ojedeji (nominator), Daniel Nanghaka, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Wafa Dahmani, Remmy Nweke, Fatimata Seye Sylla, Dave Kissoondoyal

07 May

My name is Beran Dondeh Gillen, a Gambian aged 36. I wish to stand for the position of AFRALO Secretariat 2016-2018. I am highly involved in the area of ICT Policy work notable among these is

my recent position as the At Large Advisory  Committee (ALAC) representative for the Africa Region within Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). I have also participated in a handful of working groups and of recent chaired the working group on the New Meeting Strategy for At Large. Furthermore, I am an advisor to the Gambian government in the area of ICT and played an integral part in The Gambia’s joining of the Government Advisory Committee (GAC) in June 2014. My leadership skills range from being a board member of AFICTA (Africa ICT Alliance) to being the first Gambian woman to be nominated and elected in a Leadership position within ICANN. I have worked at a high level of Government and have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills. Furthermore, as the Vice President of the IT Association in The Gambia (ITAG), I am at the forefront of ICT activities in The Gambia from the grassroots level. I am currently running the Girls in ICT program in collaboration with the Ministry of ICT as well as The Women in Technology forum which is a mentoring program encouraging girls' interest in ICTs.

My latest project is in collaboration with ISOC on African Women in ICT in which I am one of four moderators on the African continent bringing together African women that aspire to or work in the area of ICT in discussing pertinent issues.

I am able to interface and mix effortlessly in the wider economic and political environment being a good communicator with proven interpersonal and analytical skills. I have worked as a company secretary and believe I have the requisite skills necessary.

I have a good command of the English Language (spoken and written) and a working knowledge of French, which I believe is necessary for the multilingual community we work in.

2016 AGM - 2018 AGM

Secretariat Sarah Kiden Mwendwa Kivuva (nominator), Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong, Lillian Nalwoga, Brahim Ousmane Mustapha 11 May Elected Elected

I am pleased to express my interest for the position of AFRALO Secretariat. My name is Sarah Kiden; I am a Ugandan and I am currently working as the Head of Systems at Uganda Christian University. I joined the At-Large community in 2015 when ISOC Uganda Chapter became an At-Large Structure (ALS) but have been engaged in ICANN since 2013.

I am the Secretary General at ISOC Uganda and have been involved since 2011. Some select projects include: Child Online Protection, Internet for differently-abled, and hosting Uganda and East African Internet Governance Forum. I believe that making the Internet stable begins with making each individual network stable. So, I have been volunteering with Research and Education Network for Uganda (RENU) to carry out Capacity Building workshops to help Ugandan Universities and Research Institutions have stable networks. About 100 Network/Systems Engineers from over 30 campuses have so far been trained on aspects like Campus Network Design, Network Monitoring, Security, etc.

I bring additional value from academia and the technical community and I am convinced that I would add value to the AFRALO leadership.  

Michel Tchonang Linze  Gabriel Bombambo Boseko (nominator) 11 May 

Commitments of Mr Michel TCHONANG LINZE

When I joined the ICANN community for the first time, I asked myself the following question - what can I do to make my modest contribution in this constantly changing process? Over time, I realized actually that the more I understand ICANN, the more I commit myself. That's what my intention is. In a few days, you will be called to elect the secretary of our RALO. To understand why I accepted the nomination by Gabriel Bombambo Boseko (whom I thank here) for this election, please pay attention to my commitments. Let me first recall that the essential role of the secretary is to ensure the proper functioning of the AFRALO, it works closely with the President and other members of the team. It must ensure that relations between members and the secretariat with the leaders of the AFRALO and the members of the ALAC are easy, fluid and ongoing. I am General Coordinator of CAPDA since 1998. CAPDA is an ALS since 2009. I have been participating in ICANN activities since that time as well as to those of the RALO, AFRALO, since its general assembly in Mexico City in 2009. If you give me your support, my commitment is to: 1. Promoting sane and productive working relationships between our ALS AFRALO and other RALOs, ALAC and ICANN in general, 2. Encourage the development of innovative communication tools (to be sourced together with the user community) that help keep dynamic links between members of our community, 3. Regularly inform our ALSes on new ICANN policies and raise their interest for a substantial commitment in the activities of ICANN. For example the establishment of an alert system for meetings, quarterly letters about their activities, 4. To provide ALSes in time information about the well-functioning of the organization together with the President 5. Actively participate in the construction of motivational tools for a dynamic and regular participation in ICANN's activities 6. Boosting participation by members of the African ALSes to the various capacity building programs so that they understand the different topics being debated (including acronyms) and indirectly ICANN as a whole, 7. Put an emphasis on performance or better ALS performance indicators like: • Meetings Participation • Contribution in meetings • Participation in decision making • Participation in working groups • Overall participation 8. Invite and share each quarter with ALS on their performance 9. Bring the ALS to take responsibility SHARES OF GLOBAL STRATEGY • Take ICANN initiatives on strategic issues locally through ALSes • Rethinking the show case involving more vividly our cultures in the digital landscape

Michel TCHONANG LINZE

CAPDA General Coordinator ACSIS Central Africa Regional Coordinator