NARALO will hold a General Assembly for the 26 ALS's plus one Unaffiliated member in North America during the ARIN 39 event in the Spring 2017. Location: New Orleans .
History of NARALO General Assemblies
2009- ICANN Mexico- ATLAS 1
2012- ICANN Toronto
2014- ICANN London ATLAS ll
NARALO Rationale for NARALO Proposal corresponding with ARIN meeting
All ARIN meetings are within the local US, Canada or selective West Indies
ARIN has a signed MOU with NARALO as most other RALO's have a similar MOU with their RIR's
NARALO General Assemby Core Deliverables
Budget Proposal to FBSC
- How to better engage our ALSs – also known within ICANN as “inreach” – in a frank examination of expectations, program execution and community adhesion, we intend to deliver a one-day workshop intended to discover what needs to be done, both by ICANN and the NARALO community, to maximize volunteer participation, increase the ability to represent the best interests of end-users, as well as increase ICANN's “on the street” relevance.
- Policy briefings on critical ICANN issues intended to ensure that NARALO ALS representatives are adequately informed to educate their ALS memberships, and that they are better able to channel bottom-up end-user perspectives and ideas into the At-Large community’s policy debates. NARALO members have traditionally been the source of a large proportion of At-Large's policy initiatives, and such interactive briefings are intended to go beyond the traditional webinar, to maintain and enhance the capability for the NARALO community to sustain this momentum. .
- Leadership training, intended to educate NARALO ALSes about the complex workings inside ICANN, and develop a clear understanding of its role in the broader Internet Governance Ecosystem. As just one example, the current deluge of activity surrounding the transition of the IANA stewardship is mainly the realm of those who can follow it practically full-time, with multiple working groups and dozens (if not hundreds) of proposals in the air. It is our experience that many in the At-Large community do not understand much of what's going on or even the relevance. Awareness of both the processes and the path from idea to policy is a critical part of advancing the public interest within ICANN.
Next Meeting: 02 March 2017
POST EVENT SURVEY http://tinyurl.com/luanxyq
When are the dates for the General Assembly 20162017?
Who will be attending?
What is the theme of the GA?
- Arrival Sunday April 2
ARIN First Timer’s session and Social
- Monday April 3
- Morning session- GA
- ARIN Session and Evening Social
- Tuesday April 4
- Morning session-GA
- ARIN General Session and Social and Dinner
- Wednesday April 5
- NARALO General Assembly
- Departure Wed April 5
What is the hotel details?
214 Royal Street New Orleans, Louisiana 70130