Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the ALAC Leadership Team (ALT) Monthly Call on Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 20:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/0QR1Aw

Gisella Gruber:@ Alan - Sandra was at EuroDIG Prep meeting in Brussels this week so she may be travelling or still be there

Heidi Ullrich:I suspect OCL is there as well

Gisella Gruber:Olivier is back in London

Gisella Gruber:I have text Sandra and will keep you posted.

Yesim Nazlar:CCWG on Enhancing ICANN Accountability Link: https://community.icann.org/x/ogDxAg

Gisella Gruber:Sandra is joining us very shortly

sa:sorry for beeing late I just arrived from a travel and almost forgott the call

Yesim Nazlar:Sandra has now joined

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Sandra!

Holly Raiche:I think we can work through the language using the wiki  if needs me - happy to contribute

Heidi Ullrich:See workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY17+Budget+Development+Workspace

sa:are we discussing the saturday before or after the meeting

Heidi Ullrich:Before

sa:I did only attend the first part and found this not so useful

Maureen Hilyard:@Holly, I agree that we need to look more at operational stuff because that is what the complaints from some members of the ALAC have been about - no facilitator required for that

Maureen Hilyard:.. a referee perhaps...

Heidi Ullrich:@All, the Meeting Strategy WP scheduled Friday as a Development day

Holly Raiche:@ Maureen            +1

sa:adding another day to the c meeting would be tooo much for many to stay away from home/work

Maureen Hilyard:We will have new ALAC members - so professional skills development for all would be an appropriate focus

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Alan. I like that idea - it would solve many issues for NARALO and the Caribbean

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:this will IMO fail  but will do political regional

Heidi Ullrich:Fully agree with Cheryl - there is some reference to the issues in LACRALO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree Alan totally...  and we may indeed need to use the Liaisons  slots for Iaisons in the future...

Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl - I can appreciate the political situation.. and we did discuss at length about whether to include his name or not. We decided wrongly :(

Maureen Hilyard:+1 for that suggestion Alan - happy to withdraw this current request and rewrite another one ?

Holly Raiche 2:Sorry - my computer decided to disconnect me from this page since I was on the link for the budgets - I apologise for my computer

Ariel Liang:quickly googled it - res in Spanish = beef

Gisella Gruber:I will do it

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:THIS is a NON starter IMO

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:It is perfect for an ICANN Learn  followed by a mybe 1-2 day  GSE Mx conference F2F  for thse who excell in the LEARN

Leon Sanchez:hello, my apologies for coming in late

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Leon!

Leon Sanchez:I had communication complications and just got home to a stable connection

Leon Sanchez:Thanks Yesim :-)

Maureen Hilyard:But both the organisations that are running this summer school are APRALO ALSes which is why the request was made... also we didn't realise that ICANN was sponsoring them from elsewhere

sa:ICANN sponsors many summer schools I think there is a good chance they will support this one as well

Maureen Hilyard:@Heidi.. is the AR what you were talking about as possibly coming from the eBook project?

Maureen Hilyard:APRALO asked their ALSes to bring their requests through the RALO - to support ALS work in their region to support ICANN objectives

Maureen Hilyard:@ Sandra - I have taken on board what you said about the Indian summer schools - and will recommend the GSE route

Maureen Hilyard:Although it is probably our fault because we asked them to send on their requests - as long as they were ICANN related

Maureen Hilyard:I

Holly Raiche:Can we have a link so we can all have a bit more time to look at the schedule and feed back to Gisella?

Heidi Ullrich:@Holly, see: https://meetings.icann.org/en/marrakech55/schedule-full

Heidi Ullrich:We will also develop the ALAC/At-Large agenda workspace

Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - hanks for the link - but it is being updated - maybe send to link to everyone and ask for comment - so those not on this call can also look?

Leon Sanchez:Gisella I would note that the CCWG time would be subject to the state of the issue at that moment.

Maureen Hilyard:Working group meetings on Tuesday afternoon?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:because it is true AG ;-

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:0

Leon Sanchez:Indeed

Leon Sanchez:CCWG has overly burden everyone now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye

Maureen Hilyard:yay.. bye

Leon Sanchez:thanks everyone

Leon Sanchez:bye

Ariel Liang:thanks all

Gisella Gruber:Thank you everyone!

Gisella Gruber:Enjoy the swimming lesson Cheryl