Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the LACRALO Monthly  call on Monday, 20 July 2015 at 23:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/cqw0Aw

Aída Noblia:Hola a todos

Aída Noblia:entro en un rato

Maricarmen Sequera:hola

Terri Agnew:Hello Aida and Maricarmen, we will begin in 22 minutes

cristian casas:buenas noches a todos

Terri Agnew:@Milo, I sent you a private chat on AC

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Hola a todos!

Juan Manuel Rojas:Hola a todos

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:hola Juan!!!

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Hola aida y maricarmen!!!

Juan Manuel Rojas:;)

Terri Agnew:Como recordatorio, por favor silenciar cuando no se habla

Juan Manuel Rojas:si

Juan Manuel Rojas:hay mucho ruido

Terri Agnew:@Milo, I was able to hear you in the ES channel

javier chandia:hola a todos

Juan Manuel Rojas:por favor pongan mute a sus telefonos

javier chandia:ok

Johnny Laureano:Buenas tardes a todos

Vanda:hi all

Juan Manuel Rojas:Hola a todos

Vanda:hola a todos .

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:hola Johnny hermano!

Silvia Vivanco:Hola a todos

Silvia Vivanco:Bienvenidos

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Abrazo Vanda

Johnny Laureano:Hola Sergio

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Feliz dia del amigo a todos!

Juan Manuel Rojas:En Colombia hoy celebramos nuestra independencia

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Feliz dia Colombianos!

javier chandia:felicidades

Jason Hynds:Hello everyone

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:hi Jason!

Juan Manuel Rojas:El sonido en el telefono ya mejoró. Hay mucho menos ruido ahora.

Silvia Vivanco:Alberto deseas un dial out

Jason Hynds:Hi Sergio.

Vanda:hi all I changed to English channel

Fatima Cambronero:hola a todos/ hello everyone

Vanda:hola Sergio.

Aída Noblia:Hola a toods

Alan Greenberg:Glad to be able to join today.  Often have conflicts.

Vanda:hi Alan

Alberto Soto:@Silvia, estoy en linea Silvia

Silvia Vivanco:Hola Alberto, gracias Bienvenido

Alberto Soto:Hola a todos!!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone!

Vanda:hola Alberto . me cambie al canal inglés

Silvia Vivanco:estamos esperando que se completen los dial outs

Alberto Soto:Ok Vanda

Silvia Vivanco:completing dial outs

Silvia Vivanco:we are still gathering

Vanda:ok gracias Silvia

alfredo lopez:hola a todos

Niran Beharry:Good night all

Juan Manuel Rojas:Silvia se escucha muy bajo

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:silvia se te escucha muy lejos

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:ahi si

Jason Hynds:Hi Niran.

bartlett Morgan:hello all

Niran Beharry:Hi Jason

Vanda:welcome!

Silvia Vivanco:Antonio Medina Bienvenido

Silvia Vivanco:su participacion sera anotada

Silvia Vivanco: LACRALO documents currently under commentPROPUESTA DE PROCEDIMIENTO DE LACRALO PARA LA ELABORACION, EMISION Y PUBLICACION DE DECLARACIONES / PROPOSAL DE LACRALO FOR THE PREPARATION, ISSUANCE AND PUBLICATION OF STATEMENTSPROPUESTA DE PROGRAMA DE RECLUTAMIENTO DE NUEVAS ALSs / NEW ALS ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM PROPOSALPROPUESTA DE METRICAS /PROPOSAL OF METRICS

Terri Agnew:Propuesta de procedimiento de LACRALO para la elaboración, emisión y publicación de Declaraciones (Fátima Cambronero) / Proposal of LACRALO Procedure for the Preparation, Issuance and Publication of Statements (Fátima Cambronero): https://community.icann.org/x/C67hAg

Silvia Vivanco:Terri has posted the link the document

Silvia Vivanco:above you can see the EN/ES and comments

Terri Agnew:Aislan Vargas Basilio has joined

Silvia Vivanco:the history of the document can be seen

Carlton Samuels:Hello everybody

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Carlton

Terri Agnew:Welcome Carlton Samuels

Vanda:hi Carlton

Aíslan Vargas Basilio:Hello everybody

Silvia Vivanco:Metricas (previous version) is here : https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=51413649

Silvia Vivanco:the final document is being  translated

Niran Beharry:welcome carlton

Juan Manuel Rojas:Si Fatima

Silvia Vivanco:mas cerca al microfono

Silvia Vivanco:por favor Fatima

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:QUESTION: Re: final document for the proposal of LACRALO Procedure for the Preparation, Issuance and Publication of Statements ; which column is the final text - the left column or the right column ?

Humberto Carrasco:DEv

Humberto Carrasco:on the left

Humberto Carrasco:if you clik where it says

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks, just wanted to be sure, as I was seeing comments in both columns

Terri Agnew:Finding noisey line on english channel

Humberto Carrasco:see word document

Humberto Carrasco:it is easy

Humberto Carrasco:easier

Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Alan

Alan Greenberg:It is a difficult problem...

Vanda:I am part of the group but the task actually has not started . Holly is in vacation and will combe back next week

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Also re: engagement of ALSes, this issue of engagement is one of the issues to be looked at by the new At-Large Outreach and Engagement WG

Fatima Cambronero:yes, it is @Alan. We are trying to elaborate the metrics of LACRALO for a long time

Terri Agnew:PROPUESTA DE PROGRAMA DE RECLUTAMIENTO DE NUEVAS ALSs / NEW ALS ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM PROPOSAL: https://community.icann.org/x/Aa7hAg

Terri Agnew:Proposal of Mectrics / Propuesta de metricas: https://community.icann.org/x/kYIQAw

Terri Agnew:Eduardo Mendez has joined

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Look forward to seeing the documents once translated and posted to the wiki

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Bienvenido Venezuela

Eduardo Méndez (Internauta Venezuela):Buenas tardes, muchas gracias Sergio, saludos a todos

Terri Agnew:Presencias – Attendees: https://community.icann.org/x/soNCAw

Alan Greenberg:The ALAC and RALO process are happening at the same time and there will be people involved in BOTH and a lot of exchange of ideas (I hope!!)

Vanda:beienvenido Eduardo.

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:tic tac tic tac

Silvia Vivanco:En el ultimo webinar hubieron 19 participantes de 9 ALses

Terri Agnew:Eduardo Rojas and Gilberto Lara have joined

Gilberto Lara:Hola, disculpas por la demora

Alan Greenberg:Part of current difficulty in participation is we need to send more information to ALSes that can be understood (both language and technology level). And that is a job that RALO may not have resources to create.

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Hola Gilberto!!!!!

Fatima Cambronero:y cada vez vamos a tener más correos,eso no lo puede solucionar el RALO. Hay más correos porque hay màs procesos corriendo en paralelo

Silvia Vivanco:Una idea es abrir carpetas y "reglas" en su programa de mail para auto archivar por temas, o por listas para categorizar sus emails

Lance Hinds:Alan you are correct

Eduardo Méndez (Internauta Venezuela):Estoy de acuerdo Alberto, formar parte de una ALS implica un compromiso de participación

Alan Greenberg:If we can get translation working well on the LAC-Discuss list, perhaps we can then use it for other ALAC/At-Large/ICANN lists as well.

Terri Agnew:@Carlton, your audio is breaking up

Alan Greenberg:Translation of other list to Spanish will not help people contribute, but at least can be informed.

Alan Greenberg:So it is a first step.

Vanda:@alan. yes. could be a first step

Lance Hinds:Agreed Carlton

Silvia Vivanco:Interpreter cannot interpret due to bad line, apologies

Silvia Vivanco:Carlton, perhaps you can write your ideas on this chat

Niran Beharry:was wondering about the translation

Vanda:thank you Carlton. it was difficult bu in english channel we could mroe or less follow your thoughts

Terri Agnew:Welcome  Harold Arcos

Carlton Samuels:I'm hearing everybody perfectly in the English channel. 

Harold Arcos Internauta Venezuela:Saludos Terri y todas todos, disculpen la hora

Carlton Samuels:This is what I'm talking about.  The operational support sometimes makes it so damn difficult to voulnteer!

Silvia Vivanco:Bienvenido Harold

Lance Hinds:Are we comfortable the ALSs in LACRALO clearly understand the issues?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed,. re: lack of discussion of policy issues in LACRALO calls - also not featuring the work of ALSes in At-Large WGs

Carlton Samuels:The language processes isa challenge not just to Spanish speakers but to braoder Caribbean participation. We must make it easier to engage

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Heyyyyyy Harold Abrazos desde Argentina

Alan Greenberg:Although Language is ONE problem, it is not the only one. In At-Large, we have a lot of problem with participation from English-speaking ALSes.

Fatima Cambronero:agree @Alan

Fatima Cambronero:+1 @Dev

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large%20Reports%20from%20WGs,%20RALOs%20and%20Liaisons

Carlton Samuels:So I identified language as one. And I was going on to indicate another; the fact that most ALS have other matters that have NOTHING to do with ICANN names policy development.

Carlton Samuels:I was using Gilberto's Lara's ALS events to make that point

Alan Greenberg:Carlton, correct!  We do not even try to see if there is a real interest before we accept a new ALS!

Carlton Samuels:the 3rd point is the mode we choose to particiapte. Dev just spoke about it!

Terri Agnew:Welcome Alejandro Pisanty

Vanda:yes. several issues is not easy for newcomers to understand and become interested since some times they can not see interest in participating. I have been wotking with even with ISPs and to make them itnerested on ICANN I needed to change the way to talk showing more points of itnerest linking issues to their reality...

Carlton Samuels:I am on WGs that have weekly calls that deals with specific issues which are not being discussed in LACRALO.

Juan Manuel Rojas:+1 Carlton

Terri Agnew:@Johnny, we are unable to hear you, please check your mute button

Fatima Cambronero:@Carlton, IANA transition is not being discussed in LACRALO as well, altough I sent several emails about that . The same thing wiht accountability

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I've been working very to document the issues re: mailing list translation issues in the At-Large Technology Taskforce - its will now be a standing Action Item for ICANN to focus on the problem

Johnny Laureano:Lo siento, parece que tengo un problema en el microfono

Jason Hynds:That is an important point Carlton. That some ALSes may not have been created for a single issue or even a specific ICANN focus. Locally, I find a challenge bringing ICANN on the local agenda at times and difficult encouraging local participation at the appropriate frequency that may be appropriate. Some LACRALO participants seem to be quite long serving and steeped in the history of LACRALO. Sometimes it feels like a conversation with a 15-year veteran does place the newer members at a disadvantage. I guesss the solution to that is better orientation. My local ALS has annual elections, the representative could conceivable change with the administration. Even if it does not, new members need a good on-ramp to participation, I'm interested in having an active local working group following multiple ICANN interests. This requires a lot of orientation, effective communicaton etc.

Juan Manuel Rojas:London left a lot of work to do, there are many WG doing that through WG. That's is just one way.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The slides about the LACRALO mailing list can be found at https://community.icann.org/x/V5o0Aw

Alan Greenberg:Johnny is very correct.. Start small.

Carlton Samuels:@Fatima: +1.  And I'm not surprised. Because just to follow those VERY intricate issues you MUST participate in the discussions at the WG level. It takes time to learn. And you will not learn unless you spend the time, like you are doing, actually participating in the WG

Johnny Laureano:Escribiré:   Es necesario darle el peso necesario a las causas manifestadas por Fatima Cambronero, muy precisas. Debe revisarse los mecanismos de incentivos de participacion. LACRALO debe tener una Secretaria Tecnica, ICANN debe financiar los gastos de capacitacion y participacion de al menos una persona de cada ALS de la region. ICANN necesita que los USUARIOS FINALES sean representados, por tanto, lo hará sin problemas.

Vanda:+ 1 fatima.

Carlton Samuels:@Vanda: Vanda knows how much it takes to even get to a point where you can meaningfully contribute.  Even if you just join the WG to listen you will learn more than read an email

Fatima Cambronero:yes, @Carlton :S

Vanda:@ carlton. you right. people need at least attend webinars, listen other comments or doubts to start to understand what is relevant about the issue

Terri Agnew:Johnny tiene ahora de audio

Alan Greenberg:Who is speaking now?

Silvia Vivanco:Alberto is speaking

Vanda:johnny

Vanda:?

cristian casas:Gracias Alberto por tu atento y calido comentario

Juan Manuel Rojas:muy fuerte y muy ruidoso

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yes to joining the WGs to participate, even to follow at first in the discussions

Maricarmen Sequera:el micrófono está muy alto.

javier chandia:aléjate un poco del micrófono, se escuchará mejor....

Alejandro Pisanty:gracias Javier, espero haber hecho ese cambio

Silvia Vivanco: Las encuestas de evaluacion de los Webinars no fueron contestadas, solo la ultima tuvo 12 respuestas

Vanda:why not make a survey and get more concrete answers - could also be without  identification

Silvia Vivanco:The  Capacity building Webinars are followed by an Evaluation survey  to gather feedback

Silvia Vivanco:however people did not respond, the last survey was responded by some

Vanda:@ alejandro -a gree we need more policy issues  internally to LAcralo

Fatima Cambronero:Natalia and I made that survey @Vanda at the begining of the Capacity Building program

Silvia Vivanco:no se le entendio a Alejandro

Silvia Vivanco:talvez si puede escribir sus ideas Alejandro

Silvia Vivanco:Mocion formal de Alejandro.......

Silvia Vivanco:no le entendi

Vanda:yes, remember, but we have lots of new comers and could be interesting to have their views.

Silvia Vivanco:si le puedo pedir a Humberto repetir la mocion de Alejandro por favor

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:Alejandro no puede comnprender lo que decias...podras escribirlo?

Carlton Samuels:Let me say this.  We need to create more seasoned representatives so that our first line representatives can take a rest. It is not happening as we would have hoped.  And I'm not sure how we find and develop the replacement representatives!

Humberto Carrasco:Estimado Aleajndro. ¿Puedes enviar un email con la moción?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Carlton - indeed

Fatima Cambronero:agree @Carlton

cristian casas:Adhiero a Humberto, gracias

Alejandro Pisanty:aquí va: 1. que la Presidencia y la Secretaría hagan una agenda de temas de políticas para su discusión

Silvia Vivanco:okay tomo nota Alejandro

Silvia Vivanco:muchas gracias

Alejandro Pisanty:2. que los primeros 30' de cada sesión mensual se dediquen a temas sustantivos de debate de políticas en curso en consultas públicas de ICANN

Alejandro Pisanty:Ésta es una moción formal.

Niran Beharry:Takes time to get up to speed @carlton

Humberto Carrasco:ok

Humberto Carrasco:que como item de acci+´´on entonces

Alejandro Pisanty:Pido a Presidencia y Secretaría no descartarla como en la práctica lo hicieron con mi moción de objetivos de evaluación de la participación, que tuvo consenso de Carlton, Jacqueline y varios más

Humberto Carrasco:quise decir de "acción"

Vanda:I can second tAlejandro's  motion

Humberto Carrasco:Gracias Alejandro

Alberto Soto:@Cristian, ussted se las merece

Fatima Cambronero:no entiendo tu punto @Johny. En LACRALO somos todos representatnes de usuarios, ¿qué importa en qué trabaje cada uno? Realmente no estoy entendiendo tu punto

Fatima Cambronero:perdón pero yo no entiendo lo que está diciendo Johny. ¿Cuántos minutos tiene cada uno para hablar?

Silvia Vivanco:Una idea seria utilizar esta llamada mensual para revisar las consultas publicas

Silvia Vivanco:tenemos el tema de Lance Hinds pendiente

Silvia Vivanco:faltan 18 minutos

Silvia Vivanco:solamente

Lance Hinds:Connection dropped for a second

Carlton Samuels:@Juan Manuel: +1 Join the WG at the ALAC/GNSO level and you will learn at your own pace.

Carlton Samuels:Yes, the English-only language IS a real barrier but just hearing them in session is valuable

Fatima Cambronero:de acuerdo Juan Manuel

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Also, there are transcripts of  WGs are available

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:so one can read them before joining a WG call

Lance Hinds:Hello?

Carlton Samuels:@Dev: Yessir, I forgot those!

cristian casas:Pido disculpas pero debo ausentarme por motivos personales, Buenas noches

Silvia Vivanco:Gracias por su participacion Cristian

Juan Manuel Rojas:@Carlton I will do. ;)

cristian casas:Estamos en contacto, gracias a ustedes por su calidez y apoyo

sergio salinas porto Internauta Argentina:chau cristian!

Humberto Carrasco:chao Casas

alfredo lopez:Chao Cristian

Alberto Soto:Bye Cristian

javier chandia:chao Cristian

Harold Arcos Internauta Venezuela:Recuperando conexión. Mis disculpas.

Carlton Samuels:@Sergio: He actually said he wears a lot of hats, one of them he owns an ICT service company

Eduardo Méndez (Internauta Venezuela):Coincido con los comentarios expresados por Sergio y Alejandro

Carlton Samuels:He's also President of the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce.

Carlton Samuels:This is not unusual in the Caribbean; we multitask!

Harold Arcos Internauta Venezuela:De acuerdo con la perspectiva presentada por Salinas de Argentina. Mismo caso, sobre la pertinencia de participación en grupo de usuarios, planteamos con el caso: IEEE

Alejandro Pisanty:we all multitask but we separate our interests and have primary and secondary

Heidi Ullrich:For the record, Lance has posted his SOI  as well as posted his EOI  in response to his nomination. 

Fatima Cambronero:agree @Vanda about the EoI

Alejandro Pisanty:Heidi, link?

Terri Agnew:Lance Hinds SOI: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Lance+Hinds+SOI

Vanda:i  @ heidii could not open it... thank you

Heidi Ullrich:SOI - https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Lance+Hinds+SOI

Heidi Ullrich:EOI in message sent on 8 May

Fatima Cambronero:el conflicto de interés, en general, no es discutible

Carlton Samuels:Here's MY own: I am Chairman of the National ICT Advisory Council of Jamaica, Chairman of the Board of Management Kingston High School, Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors, Tivoli gardens High School, Member, Board of HEART/National Training Agency; Member, National Advisory Council on Libraries and Information Units, Member, Computing Education Standards Committee of the University Council of Jamaica, adjunct Professor Information Science, The University of the West Indies, Consultant on Strategy and Regulation 

Carlton Samuels:And that just some!

Alejandro Pisanty:is the role in the Chamber a paid position?

Carlton Samuels:And I participate in at leat 4 ICANN WGs

Lance Hinds:It is not a paid position

Alejandro Pisanty:Carlton, which of those is your primary income and what are your clients?

Lance Hinds:The Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary position

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re: TTF work I can do a presentation

Carlton Samuels:My primary income is from consultancy. I work for IADB, World Bank European Union

Alejandro Pisanty:but you are obligated to promote commercial interest, in a way which is above users as clients

Vanda:hi could read it -the SOi, but still alck more proposals/ commitments ... ref my comment.

Alejandro Pisanty:incompatible

Johnny Laureano: Lance es un buen candidato, debe apoyarse su nominación para ALAC

Carlton Samuels:I just completed a IADB project. And now working a EU project.

Lance Hinds:I am representing as the ALS

Johnny Laureano:Las ALS tambien son multistajeholder

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Lance EOI : http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/lac-discuss-en/2015-May/012463.html

Carlton Samuels:Eveything else but consultancy and teaching is VOLUNTARY and no money

Johnny Laureano:bye.

Humberto Carrasco:Muchas gracias

Eduardo Méndez (Internauta Venezuela):Hasta luego, gracias

Maricarmen Sequera:hasta luego

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:that was posted to the LACRALO list

Gilberto Lara:hasta luego

Bartlett Morgan 2:by all

javier chandia:Que estén muy bien, un abrazo a todos

Maricarmen Sequera:chau

Vanda:thank you all. very good session

javier chandia:byeee

Jason Hynds:bye