Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Sub-Group Members:  Becky Burr, Caitrin , Dwyer, Chris LaHatte, Paul Rosenzweig, Suzanne Radell, Keith Drazek, Robin Gross, Stephanie Duchesneau, Steve DelBianco,  Pedro Ivo Silva, David McAuley, Jonathan Zuck, Par Brumark, Jorge Villa, 

Staff:  Alice Jansen, Berry Cobb, Grace Abuhamad, Brenda Brewer

Apologies:  David Maher

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Transcript WP2 Meeting #1 27 FEB.doc

Transcript WP2 Meeting #1 27 FEB.pdf

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1tmoslfu5e/

The audio recording is available here:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-wp2-27feb15-en.mp3

Proposed Agenda

1. Goal: Everyone agrees on what's in remit and what's not in remit

2. Working Methodology

3. Roles fore WP2 volunteers

Notes

WP2 Call #1 - 27 February 2015

This call is being recorded

WP2 documents can be found at: 

https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP2+Draft+Documents 

• In this draft, have takem out things that belong in WP1 and focused on things that are in our remit.
  • We are looking at mechanisms that are "triggered," not standing mechanisms
  • We have a list of principles out of Frankfurt --> no comment
  • Next, is inventory of suggestions (WA1 and WA2 product)
  • "Changes to Bylaws and Articles" as well as "Mechanism for review of Board or management in conflict with ICANN Bylaws or Articles" could be issues for WP1 but we'll keep for now and make sure to coordinate on work

Working Methodology

Create different groups

• Ombudsman

Chris LaHatte

Robin Gross

Need: more volunteers

Need: leader

• Reconsideration 

Chris LaHatte

David McAuley

Robin Gross

• Independent Review

Paul Rosenzweig 

David McAuley

Jonathan Zuck

Robin Gross

Chris LaHatte

• New Mechanisms

Robin Gross

Need: more volunteers

• Standards 

Robin Gross

Paul Rosenzweig

Volunteers are welcome to work on more than one

Ombudsman (Chris) would like to be involved with group working on Ombudsman so that responsilibitiles and abilities of the role are clear 

Concern about how standards review fits in "triggered"

Need for a standard by which to evaluate community empowerment over a Board decision

Remember that these issues are cross-cutting

--> Get the first bit of work done and then return to the cross-cutting issues

Action (all): Volunteer for subteams. And volunteer to lead!

4 more meetings between now and Istanbul 

Thursday was the day that seems to accommodate most people's schedule (starting time and 8 hour rotation until we get to IST) 

Monday call is a duplicate call, so there is no need to attend if you were able to make this call

Action Items

Action (all): Volunteer for subteams. And volunteer to lead!

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Alice Jansen 9: (2/27/2015 06:18) Welcome to your WP2 call #1! Please note that chat sessions are being archived and  follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards

Becky Burr: (13:50) Hi Alice

Becky Burr: (13:51) or Grace

Chris LaHatte: (13:51) good morning, sound is clear in New Zealand

Chris LaHatte: (13:55) 8.55 am Saturday good time!

jorge villa (ASO): (13:55) hi everyone

Becky Burr: (13:56) welcom

Pär Brumark (GAC, Niue): (13:57) Good Evening everyone!

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (13:58) Do we have critical mass for a face to face on Suday afternoon?

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (13:59) I have a choice to arrive at 1pm going indirect or 5pm going direct which is the source of the question

Becky Burr: (14:00) come at 1 pm please

Becky Burr: (14:00) or how indirect is it?

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:00) I don't mean to make this personal. I just want to be sure that there's going to be a meeting, that's all

Becky Burr: (14:01) i think we need the time so i will push for it

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:01) united leaves Iad at 5pm goes through germany, gets in around 2pm, Turkish leaves at midnight  and gets in at 5pm non-stop

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:04) I will try to make it, Becky.  I haven't heard from Constituency Travel yet about organizing the flight, however.

David McAuley: (14:07) principles seem fine

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:07) Yes, these principles look good.

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:07) the're good. we'll revise as we work

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:09) Let's be sure to include the Cooperation Engagement Process (a pre-process to the IRP).

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:09) there aren't

David McAuley: (14:10) no hands yet

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:12) Apologies ... my mike was muted.  I was just raising my hand so that  you ccould see it

David McAuley: (14:14) It may be hard to decided when a failure to act has actually been triggered

Grace Abuhamad: (14:15) Thanks @Paul

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:15) Not sure  that is so Daivd ... anyone who is aggrieved can allege that and the arbiter can determine timeliness as with any other factor

David McAuley: (14:16) fair point

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:19) I'm thinking we need to divide it that way.

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:20) Let's just coordinate the work between the sub-groups, so we can participate on several of them.

Grace Abuhamad: (14:21) Can you repeat the names of the groups? Or can volunteers crowdsource this for me i n chat?

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:22) I think there will be difference in those standards depending on the mechanism.  Agree that each subgroup will deal with it, but it won't be a uniform answer for all mechanisms.

Grace Abuhamad: (14:23) Please speak up Chris

David McAuley: (14:23) hard to hear Chris

David McAuley: (14:23) thanks Grace

Steve DelBianco  [GNSO CSG]: (14:23) There is an echo so somebody has their Adobe Connect speaker AND a phone bridge at the same time

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:24) I wouldn't blame you, Chris.  That is a long journey.

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:24) +1 David!

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:24) Thanks for the shoutout

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:25) Grace -- Groups suggested were Ombusdsman, Reconsideration, Review, New Mechanisms and Standards

Grace Abuhamad: (14:26) @Paul Thank you !!

David McAuley: (14:27) Guess my concern best said this way: how do standards review fit w/in trigggered

David McAuley: (14:28) Reviewer standards I completely get - very good point Paul

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:29) Thanks David.  I like an actual disucssion format like this -- it helps

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:29) +1 Steve

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:32) +1 Steve

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:33) Agree Steve.  I see an arbitral adjudication as less intrusive than a community veto, don't you?

Chris LaHatte: (14:36) +1 Steve

Chris LaHatte: (14:37) think of this as designing a dispute resolution system with entry points perhaps

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:38) grace, I'm interested in independent review

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:38) Grace  I volunteer for review and standards

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:38) I volunteer for all of them.

Chris LaHatte: (14:38) I think I have to

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:39) I'll help on new mechanisms if needed

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:40) You may have to assign people!

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:43) works for me, Becky.

David McAuley: (14:44) sounds fair

Pedro Ivo Silva [GAC Brasil]: (14:44) agree

Chris LaHatte: (14:44) that's good thanks

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:45) let's just coordinate the subgroup calls so they don't meet at the same time.

David McAuley: (14:45) makes sense to me

Grace Abuhamad: (14:45) @Robin, that will be staff's role mainly I think. To schedule as many non-overlapping calls

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:45) thank you, Grace.

Grace Abuhamad: (14:46) It's getting tougher and tougher with CWG/CCWG, but we'll focus on CCWG non-overlaps :)

Steve DelBianco  [GNSO CSG]: (14:48) I'm not positive, but I think its in YOUR wprok party

Steve DelBianco  [GNSO CSG]: (14:48) I am still confused between triggered and non-triggered

David McAuley: (14:49) Steve, I tend to a view that triggered means a specific claimant or more and not sure that is right

Paul Rosenzweig: (14:50) Is the draft workplan available on the wiki?

Jonathan Zuck (IPC): (14:50) it doesn't even really matter as long as nothing falls through the cracks

Grace Abuhamad: (14:51) https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP2+Draft+Documents

David McAuley: (14:51) +1 Jonathan

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:51) Since the veto is the new mechanisms subgroup, I can volunteer to lead that one.

David McAuley: (14:51) Thanks Becky and all others

Grace Abuhamad: (14:51) Sorry bad link

Grace Abuhamad: (14:51) https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP+2+Draft+Documents

Keith Drazek: (14:51) Thanks Becky

Chris LaHatte: (14:51) thanks everyone

Pär Brumark (GAC, Niue): (14:51) Thx

Suzanne Radell/GAC: (14:51) Thanks, and bye

Robin Gross [GNSO - NCSG]: (14:51) Thank you, Becky and all!