Time: 2100 UTC . For the time in various timezones click here
Meeting Number: AL.LAC/OC.1013/4
Adobe Connect: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/lacralo
Conference ID : 1638 EN / 1738 ES
ES: Alberto Soto, Aida Noblia, Sylvia Herlein, Carlos Dioniso Aguirre, Juan Manuel Rojas, Raul Bauer,
EN: Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Dev Anand Teelucksingh
Apologies: Carlos Vera, Marcelo Telez
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Julia Charvolen
Interpreters: Veronica and Sabrina
Call management: Julia Charvolen
Interpretation: ES, EN
1. Roll call - staff
2. Review of Action Items
- Dev Anand Teelucksingh to send a template to collect information from ALSes to the OC.
- Sylvia Herlein Leite to send the template to all ALSes.
- Silvia Vivanco to prepare a very short summary about the Showcase, to be sent to Google by Alberto Soto.(COMPLETED)
· Jose Arce to contact Ernesto Majo (LACNIC) for sponsorship
- Sylvia Herlein Leite to ask all LACRALO ALses if in case no Sponsor is found if they would be willing to fund the Showcase with a donation of $ 25. Dev's idea: 25 $ per ALSes to come up with the 500$ required.
- Jose Arce to ask Sylvia Herlein to ask funding from an Argentinean member of the GAC (Olga Cavalli)
- All members of the Organizing Committee to decide on Moderator. Carlos Aguirre was volunteered as moderator
- OC to choose a Theme for the Showcase and send it to staff. Staff to sent emails inviting all the speakers. (COMPLETED)
- Raul Bauer has offered a typical Argentinean dinner (asado) for 20 persons on Thursday 21st. If more than 20 ALSes attend the meeting the event will not take place.
3. Budget and discussion on possible Sponsors: LACNIC, NIC, Terra, Google, Yahoo Argentina? Update: Sylvia Herlein, Alberto Soto.
4. Catering update - Staff
5. Promotional Items update - Alberto Soto and Staff
6. Program - See LACRALO Buenos Aires Showcase
6.1 - Moderator - Jose Arce
6.3 ALSes (powerpoint?) Sylvia and Dev to send a template to be filled by all ALSes
6.4. Dancing Performance - Options (depending on budget)- Alberto Soto and all
Proposal (Alberto Soto)
t Amount to be paid : 50% shall be paid 10 days before and the rest after the performance.
2. Sound: hotel sound equipment shall have availability USB and speakers
3. Floor: the dancers need to know the type of floor so that they can see what type of shoes to wear. They were at the Sheraton and they think the floor is not appropriate. If the Show is selected with “boleadoras”, they need to know the floor.
4. Place to change : They need a place where to change clothes immediately, this always impresses the audience
5. Price in Argentinean pesos (Exchange rate 5,9).
$a 2000 =339 u$s = one couple = 10 minutes tango + 10 minutes de folclore
$a 2500 = 424 u$d = one couple = same as above but more sophisticated folclore de fantasía (malambo con bombos y boleadoras)
$a 4000 = 678 u$s = 2 couples = same as above and some other dances (contrapuntos de malambo de cuchillo y espuelas y lanza)