Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Wiki MarkupJose Arce:                                Good afternoon everyone. Thank you for joining us on this conference call. This is an additional conference call based on previous events. Thank you very much.  We are a very short time away from our next ICAAN meeting and there’s plenty of regional issues to \[inaudible\].  I was speaking and there was an issue with the system, so I will cut a long story short. To get started: welcome everybody, thank you for joining us, thank you to the English speakers, thank you to the staff members for your Arce:                                Good afternoon everyone. Thank you for joining us on this conference call. This is an additional conference call based on previous events. Thank you very much.  We are a very short time away from our next ICAAN meeting and there’s plenty of regional issues to [inaudible].  I was speaking and there was an issue with the system, so I will cut a long story short. To get started: welcome everybody, thank you for joining us, thank you to the English speakers, thank you to the staff members for your efforts.

This is an additional call that was scheduled on the basis of previous events that prevented us from dealing with topics of interest. We are very close to the ICAAN meeting.  Thank you Dev. The next item on the agenda is ideas and discussions for possible events in Costa Rica. As you know, we have at least 2 events. One of them is our showcase item number five, and also we are trying to have a general meeting or general assembly in Costa Rica. I don’t know if anyone has any ideas to contribute regarding these events in Costa Rica?

Jose Arce:                                Thank you, Sebastien, for your contribution. I think we need to put forward our petition as soon as possible, we know time is ticking. We know we count on your support, on your help, when it comes to organizing our training program and our showcase, so thank you Sebastien. Does anybody else have a contribution regarding this point, or can we move on with our agenda? Dev gave the floor to Sebastien so Dev, would you like to hold the floor now?unmigrated-wiki-markup

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:        I think that it’s obvious that, as Sebastien said, time is of the essence and we should try to ask ICANN and issue that request, I would say by the end of the week \[inaudible\] and also ALAC as well obviously, so that ALAC in turn can then forward it to the ICANN finance committee. So I think that we definitely do need to work on that, and we can have that document shared, and everybody can see the document either tonight and/or tomorrow so that it can be sent on         I think that it’s obvious that, as Sebastien said, time is of the essence and we should try to ask ICANN and issue that request, I would say by the end of the week [inaudible] and also ALAC as well obviously, so that ALAC in turn can then forward it to the ICANN finance committee. So I think that we definitely do need to work on that, and we can have that document shared, and everybody can see the document either tonight and/or tomorrow so that it can be sent on Friday.

I suggest that we do just that, and again I think we should plan for our showcase discussion because I think we cannot wait, we have to at least get some ideas going for the showcase regardless of whether the support is available or not. So I suggest we do move on to the next item on the agenda. Thank you.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:        Just another thought I had in mind for this. Instead of speeches from the ALS’s, which I think was a good thing, because everybody would like to talk for a long time and as Fatima said even when I try to say only 2 minutes, that line didn’t really hold… They had one screen on the left hand side, I don’t know if Jose and Natalia remember this, and they had a slide show playing all the time. So I think what we have to look at is getting a slide show of our own showing photographs and/or video, and then make that play as a video loop.

Wiki MarkupAnd then what we will have to do, because we can’t really have sound playing from those videos (they would just be playing throughout the showcase), we would have to put subtitles. I’m just pointing out that involves some work, so again if that’s something we agree is an idea we should go with we should then start looking at what kind of video -- should we just ask people to record a 2 minute video with \ [inaudible\] or should we just ask them to send photos and we just make a photo slide show. Your thoughts?

Jose Arce:                                Thank you Dev. I think the idea of doing something along the lines of AFRALO with a video or a presentation instead of a 2 minute speech as we had in Cartagena with that LACRALO, well that’s a good idea. We cannot go into a full discussion right now because our conference call time is over but Juan Manuel Roha is asking whether somebody knows Juan Miguel Porrúa? Juan would you like to take the floor and explain who Miguel Porrúa is? Juan are you connected?