What is AFRALO?
Welcome to the online home of the At-Large (individual Internet user community) for the African region, providing news, key resources and interactive features for information sharing for individuals and end-user groups in the African region interested in ICANN and shaping the future of the Internet.
AFRALO Members at their General Assembly during ICANN 59 in Johannesburg, South Africa
- What is ICANN?
- What is At-Large?
- How do I get involved?
- What type of groups can be At-Large Structures?
- Why become an At-Large Structure?
- NEW Online At-Large Structure Application Form
- NOUVEAU Formulaire En-Ligne de Candidature At-Large Structure
- NEW Online AFRALO Unaffiliated Individual Member Application Form
- AFRALO MOU and Organising Documents
- AFRALO Regional Officers
- AFRALO ALSes
- ALS Starter Kit
- ALS application discussion workspace
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND AFRALO INFORMATION
Possible RALO Petition Process to Suggest Additional ICANN Board Director Candidates Selected by the At-Large Community
Pursuant to Section 19.9 of the ALAC Rules of Procedure, the BMSPC process involves the option of possible petitions by RALOs to suggest adding Candidates to the Final Slate. RALOs can only suggest Candidates who had previously submitted an EoI to the BCEC during the current selection process. Candidates will be added only if they receive support through a formal vote of at least three of the five RALOs; each RALO shall vote according to its respective rules. Subsequently, the Final Slate of Candidates will proceed to an election by the ALAC Members and RALO Chairs, which is culmination of the ICANN Board Director selection process.
Possible RALO Petition Process starts from now. Please note the following two deadlines:
Kindly note that RALOs have the option to identify and/or support additional Candidates but are not required to do so, if they believe that only the BCEC Slate of Candidates should be in the Final Slate.
The rules on Individual membership can be seen HERE.
AFRALO Outreach and Engagement MaterialsRequest Outreach Support per Board Special Budget Allocation FY17 (005).pdf
AFRALO/AfrICANN joint meeting Hyderabad - Statement: AfRALO-AfrICANN INDIA Statement_Final_En (002).pdf
- Next Meeting: 08 January 2020
- Previous Meeting: 19 December 2019 - AFRALO Webinar on "Universal Acceptance and IDN's”
- Older Announcements
- At-Large Policy Development Workspace - See what Policy Statements the At-Large Community is currently working on.
- List of certified ALSes
- Contribute to ALAC Policy Advice Statements!
- AFRALO ALSes Implementation and Statistics
- ALS applications being reviewed (Google Docs account needed for access)
- AFRALO Regional OfficersAFRALO Participation Criteria (Français)
- APRALO and AFRALO Activities at the IGF in Bali WorkspaceMiscellaneous
- Older Announcements
ICANN MEETINGS AND EVENTS
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- Meetings and Events
- At-Large Advisory Committee Meetings
- ICANN International Meetings
- At-Large Policy Working Groups
AT-LARGE COMMUNITY CALENDAR
BECOME INVOLVED IN AFRALO
- APRALO: Asian/Australian/Pacific RALO
- EURALO: European RALO
- LACRALO: Latin America and the Caribbean RALO
- NARALO: North American RALO
- At-Large official website
- At-Large mailing lists - Join the debate online
- ICANN official website
- NEW!ICANN E-Learning page - includes various At-Large materials