Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

On

10 September

2016, the ALAC

appointed Cheryl Langdon-Orr to serve as the ALAC Liaison to the GNSO. This term will be from the end of the ICANN

57 Meeting on 8th November 2016 through the end of the

2017 AGM. 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond previously served  served as the ALAC Liaison to the GNSO Council from March 7th, 2015, to the end of the AGM at the ICANN 54 meeting in Dublin 2015, and from September 22, 2015 through to ICANN 57 Hyderabad November 2016.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr  served briefly as the ALAC Liaison to the GNSO Council from October 2014 through to End February 2015, when due to her continuing service within the ICANN NomCom, she was required to tender her resignation from this role.

Alan Greenberg served as the GNSO Liaison for the following terms:  2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014.

NEWS:  

After years of extraordinary service as administrator and Manager to the GNSO since inception, and before that to the predecessor DNSO,  Glen de Saint Gery, has announced on Dec 16, that, she will be "..from end of January 2017 I will be transitioning out of my current role and scaling down my workload...  ... ... I will still be around for a while in a consulting capacity and in particular I will be working on the Copenhagen meeting."  

We all wish Glen well and our very best wishes as she transitions towards some retirement time and much desired 'extra time' with her family (grandchildren in particular) this is however the 'end of an era' ....

Meetings of the GNSO (most recent at top of list): 

15 Dec 2016 at 1200 UTC 

07/08 11 November 2016GNSO Council Public Meeting at ICANN 56 57 Hyderabad13:45 IST

This agenda is also published on the Wiki page at:

• Councillors are encouraged to review the GNSO Review report (All)
  • Inform Staff if Stakeholder Groups/Constituencies wish to meet with the Westlake team and the GNSO Review Working Party during Constituency Day in Buenos Aires so that time slots can be arranged.(All)

Mar 2015:  ALAC has appointed Olivier Crepin-Leblond as the new ALAC Liaison to the GNSO Council to serve from March 7th, 2015, to the end of the AGM at the ICANN #54 meeting in Dublin 2015.

Jan 2015:

• Policy Update Webinars are being presented as preparation for ICANN #52 Meeting see  icann.org/new/announcement-2015-01-14-en

• Policy work of the GNSO; in a bid to provide for easier access to the different information sources that are currently available as well as further direction on what information is provided to guide both newcomers as well as veterans, staff has created a new one-stop information web-page (http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm). As of  end January, the new page is linked from the GNSO home page (gnso.icann.org) – either via the ‘quick link’ button at the top or via the quick links in the left-hand column. 

• Additionally there is now a new page that centralizes important GNSO-related information for the upcoming ICANN52 meeting that we hope will assist attendees in their preparation for the meeting (http://gnso.icann.org/icannmeeting). Updates to this page will be made for all future ICANN meetings.

Date: 
Wed, 11 February 2015 - 13:00 to 15:00 SGT Room:  Canning

29 JanuaryGNSO Council Teleconference

12:00 UTC