Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

The others don’t show up.  Some are absent since I entered AFRALO, and some become more and more absent.  So we need them for our quorum.  We need them for our election, and we cannot say that we have had a good election if only six or seven people vote.  It will not be a good election.  It will not be really an election, so we have this big problem.

Of course we don’t want to have ALSes that are inactive, that are silent, always silent; but it is less problematic if we find a way to remove them from the quorum, to remove them from any election if they are not active. And we have to set up certain [metrics] to decide on how active they are and what is the limit?  What is the position from which we come to say they are inactive? Wiki Markup                                                Of course we don’t want to have ALSes that are inactive, that are silent, always silent; but it is less problematic if we find a way to remove them from the quorum, to remove them from any election if they are not active. And we have to set up certain \[metrics\] to decide on how active they are and what is the limit?  What is the position from which we come to say they are inactive?\\

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       Okay, thank you.  I see Darlene?

Seth Greene:                            Well, I was going to say yes, I would think so, Olivier, but Dev, what are your thoughts?
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       I think if you can \[summarize\] the flowchart, it’s a rather long flowchart I remember in San Francisco.  So if we can use that and see is that really truly possible, and if that can be implemented now.  Sorry, Olivier?\\       I think if you can [summarize] the flowchart, it’s a rather long flowchart I remember in San Francisco.  So if we can use that and see is that really truly possible, and if that can be implemented now.  Sorry, Olivier?

Olivier Crépin-Leblond:          Sorry, it’s Olivier here.  There is only one caveat, which is that those recommendations are recommendations to the ALAC so they have not been yet ratified and effected.  But that flowchart could just be explained “for information purposes only” – not something that is cast in stone.  That’s it.

Wolf Ludwig:                          As I posted, forwarded yesterday, I think immediately after our Secretariats’ meeting in Singapore there will be this preparatory meeting of the ICANN Summit on the Developing Countries.  And this could be worth a short consideration during our meeting – who will follow up on this, etc.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       Okay.

– who will follow up on this, etc.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       Okay.

Wolf Ludwig:                          Alan and Dev are the [Chairs] for Participation for official representation from At-Large so far. Wiki MarkupWolf Ludwig:                          Alan and Dev are the \[Chairs\] for Participation for official representation from At-Large so far.\\

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       Yes, thanks for posting that information because I was only hearing vaguely of the wording of this thing but I never saw any information about it.  So thanks for posting that.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:       Okay, well actually you’ll probably be chairing that meeting in Singapore (laughter).  So since it’s in, yeah.  So okay, well I’ll be glad and it’ll be good to see everybody in Singapore as well.  And I’ll close the meeting and thank you and take care, and have a good day.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

\[End of Transcript\]\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\