Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Sandra Hoferichter:                 Okay, but you hope or you think that the remote participation is available?  I mean we have our own facilities for this, right?  Adobe Connect and…

Wiki MarkupWolf Ludwig:                          Well at least we can organize to have Adobe Connect with it and I will discuss this with \[Flatda.\]  Flatda didn’t say no so far, in the sense that “No, we don’t have any remote participation options.”  They have to test it on Sunday, therefore there will be people in Belgrade and I hope we can combine.  This is our General Assembly.  I cannot promise it but I will try to organize as much as possible.\\Ludwig:                          Well at least we can organize to have Adobe Connect with it and I will discuss this with [Flatda.]  Flatda didn’t say no so far, in the sense that “No, we don’t have any remote participation options.”  They have to test it on Sunday, therefore there will be people in Belgrade and I hope we can combine.  This is our General Assembly.  I cannot promise it but I will try to organize as much as possible.

[crosstalk] Wiki Markup\[crosstalk\]\\

Wolf Ludwig:                          Yes?

Wolf Ludwig:                          Okay, I see.  Yeah, I remember now, yeah.

Wiki MarkupSandra Hoferichter:                 I was booked in a hotel which was recommended by Flatda from Diplofoundation which was \[Excervio\], which is right in the middle of the city center, and they are reasonably priced.\\Hoferichter:                 I was booked in a hotel which was recommended by Flatda from Diplofoundation which was [Excervio], which is right in the middle of the city center, and they are reasonably priced.

Wolf Ludwig:                          Okay, we will follow up this issue and I take this as a recommendation that we will try our best to get the EURALO participants grouped all in the same hotel if possible.  I see Heidi’s hand was raised?

Wolf Ludwig:                          Yes, and there is another point of what we need to discuss during the EURALO General Assembly and outside the General Assembly.  This is a proposal we discussed in the core team of EuroDIG, and during the last preparation meetings for the EuroDIG there was a lot of thinking about how to improve the organization and the working structure of the EuroDIG.  And there was a proposal on the table that we would for the future consolidate the whole process, suggest a kind of a carrier structure for the EuroDIG.

Wiki Markup
                                                And the carrier structure, so far one of the focal points is the Council of Europe. As you know it’s a Secretariat which is based and assumed by \[Suncraft\].  It was a Swiss (inaudible), it was Thomas Schneider so far, and in the future according to the multi-stakeholder model we also would like to strengthen the part of the Civil Society at EuroDIG a bit more.  And it was suggested that EURALO could be the focal point for Civil Society in the EuroDIG carrier structure. 

And the carrier structure, so far one of the focal points is the Council of Europe. As you know it’s a Secretariat which is based and assumed by [Suncraft].  It was a Swiss (inaudible), it was Thomas Schneider so far, and in the future according to the multi-stakeholder model we also would like to strengthen the part of the Civil Society at EuroDIG a bit more.  And it was suggested that EURALO could be the focal point for Civil Society in the EuroDIG carrier structure. 

There was a written proposal on this already and we                                                 There was a written proposal on this already and we discussed this in the core group, and I will forward you this proposal with the draft agenda for the General Assembly. And I think we should find some time in Belgrade at the General Assembly where our members are in favor of this idea.  In my eyes it would be a great opportunity for EURALO and it would improve the standing of EURALO into the European context.  I still think EuroDIG is one of the key conferences of internet governance and I think EURALO should be a key player in this respect.  And this could be another important content point to be discussed and approved during our General Assembly in Belgrade.

Thanks a lot to all of you, to staff, to Gisella, to Seth, to Heidi, and we will follow up via the list.  Good bye and have a nice evening.

Wiki Markup\[End of Transcript\]\\

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:

Wolf Ludwig:

Sandra Hoferichter:                 Okay, but you hope or you think that the remote participation is available?  I mean we have our own facilities for this, right?  Adobe Connect and…

Wiki Markup
Wolf Ludwig:                          Well at least we can organize to have Adobe Connect with it and I will discuss this with \[Flatda.\]  Flatda didn’t say no so far, in the sense that “No, we don’t have any remote participation options.”  They have to test it on Sunday, therefore there will be people in Belgrade and I hope we can combine.  This is our General Assembly.  I cannot promise it but I will try to organize as much as possible.\\

think that the remote participation is available?  I mean we have our own facilities for this, right?  Adobe Connect and…

Wolf Ludwig:                          Well at least we can organize to have Adobe Connect with it and I will discuss this with [Flatda.]  Flatda didn’t say no so far, in the sense that “No, we don’t have any remote participation options.”  They have to test it on Sunday, therefore there will be people in Belgrade and I hope we can combine.  This is our General Assembly.  I cannot promise it but I will try to organize as much as possible.

[crosstalk] Wiki Markup\[crosstalk\]\\

Wolf Ludwig:                          Yes?

Wolf Ludwig:                          Okay, I see.  Yeah, I remember now, yeah.
unmigrated-wiki-markup

Sandra Hoferichter:                 I was booked in a hotel which was recommended by Flatda from Diplofoundation which was \[Excervio\], which is right in the middle of the city center, and they are reasonably priced.\\Hoferichter:                 I was booked in a hotel which was recommended by Flatda from Diplofoundation which was [Excervio], which is right in the middle of the city center, and they are reasonably priced.

Wolf Ludwig:                          Okay, we will follow up this issue and I take this as a recommendation that we will try our best to get the EURALO participants grouped all in the same hotel if possible.  I see Heidi’s hand was raised?

Wolf Ludwig:                          Yes, and there is another point of what we need to discuss during the EURALO General Assembly and outside the General Assembly.  This is a proposal we discussed in the core team of EuroDIG, and during the last preparation meetings for the EuroDIG there was a lot of thinking about how to improve the organization and the working structure of the EuroDIG.  And there was a proposal on the table that we would for the future consolidate the whole process, suggest a kind of a carrier structure for the EuroDIG.we would for the future consolidate the whole process, suggest a kind of a carrier structure for the EuroDIG.

And the carrier structure, so far one of the focal points is the Council of Europe. As you know it’s a Secretariat which is based and assumed by [Suncraft].  It was a Swiss (inaudible), it was Thomas Schneider so far, and in the future according to the multi-stakeholder model we also would like to strengthen the part of the Civil Society at EuroDIG a bit more.  And it was suggested that EURALO could be the focal point for Civil Society in the EuroDIG carrier structure.  Wiki Markup                                                And the carrier structure, so far one of the focal points is the Council of Europe. As you know it’s a Secretariat which is based and assumed by \[Suncraft\].  It was a Swiss (inaudible), it was Thomas Schneider so far, and in the future according to the multi-stakeholder model we also would like to strengthen the part of the Civil Society at EuroDIG a bit more.  And it was suggested that EURALO could be the focal point for Civil Society in the EuroDIG carrier structure. 

There was a written proposal on this already and we discussed this in the core group, and I will forward you this proposal with the draft agenda for the General Assembly. And I think we should find some time in Belgrade at the General Assembly where our members are in favor of this idea.  In my eyes it would be a great opportunity for EURALO and it would improve the standing of EURALO into the European context.  I still think EuroDIG is one of the key conferences of internet governance and I think EURALO should be a key player in this respect.  And this could be another important content point to be discussed and approved during our General Assembly in Belgrade.