Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Claudia Ruiz: (4/11/2019 15:16) Welcome to the LACRALO Governance Working Group Call on Thursday, 11 April 2019 at 23:00 UTC

Silvia Vivanco: (15:52) Welcome Jacqueline

Jacqueline Morris: (15:52) HI  - I'm great. Just getting Skype set up

Silvia Vivanco: (15:53) :) thank you for joining

Harold Arcos: (15:57) Hi everyone,,,

sergio salinas porto: (15:57) hi everyone! hola a todos

Silvia Vivanco: (15:58) Welcome all /Bienvenidos

Silvia Vivanco: (15:58) we are still gathering/Nos estamos reuniendo

Silvia Vivanco: (16:00) Vanda sends her apologies due to a medical emergency she is in hospital

sergio salinas porto: (16:00) hola alberto!!!!!

Heidi Ullrich: (16:00) Hola/Hello!

Alberto Soto: (16:00) Hola a todos, hello everyone!

Silvia Vivanco: (16:01) dear Jacqueline please let us know when you are on the bridge

Jacqueline Morris: (16:02) I'm on

sergio salinas porto: (16:02) hi jaqui!

Claudia Ruiz: (16:06) Welcome Carlton Samuels

Claudia Ruiz: (16:07) Welcome Lance Hinds

Silvia Vivanco: (16:07) Welcome Lance

Claudia Ruiz: (16:08) Bienvenido/Welcome Jose Arce

Jose Arce: (16:11) Hola a todos

sergio salinas porto: (16:11) hola jose

sergio salinas porto: (16:11) hola Carlton, y Lance!

Jose Arce: (16:12) Hola Sergio

Claudia Ruiz: (16:12) Bienvenido/Welcome Humberto Carrasco

Heidi Ullrich: (16:15) Carlton is asking for the floor.

Alberto Soto: (16:16) y aprobado por consenso...

Heidi Ullrich: (16:16) Carlton está pidiendo hablar.

Harold Arcos: (16:31) todavía te escuchamos Alberto,,,Porfavor cierren sus micrófonos

Claudia Ruiz: (16:32) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1ur2yS47AApxdz-5FG8QOf0l4UBYO-2DYyT-5FB-5Fwp4w1wzZso_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=y2VorKNPMUGL_NVpQo-vyIY602YXuKzhl1KX5SQaKEM&s=6HXO-JPViLnQ2RNUxkt8sKTHoNO3T08Y3A7N4AK3zrM&e=

Claudia Ruiz: (16:32) You can view Operating Principles in EN in the link above

Heidi Ullrich: (16:33) Carlton is requesting to speak

Alberto Soto: (16:34) Estamos perdiendo tiempo para las nuevas reglas de procedimientos

Heidi Ullrich: (16:34) Carlton está pidiendo hablar.

Lilian Ivette De Luque: (16:35) si no llegamos a un punto de acuerdo o medio, se le debe consultar a la región, releer y decidir

Jacqueline Morris: (16:35) Alberto,  we are wasting time now? We could have done RoP between January and now. That's the time that was wasted.

Alberto Soto: (16:37) It is not my responsibility Jacqueline...

Jacqueline Morris: (16:38) Isn't it all of our responsibility as members of LACRALO?

Alberto Soto: (16:39) No Jacqueline, I´m not leader actually

Jacqueline Morris: (16:39) Especially as members of the Governance group?

Alberto Soto: (16:41) For a time for particular reasons, do not belong to the WG

Lance Hinds: (16:48) We must respect the decisions made in Los Angeles and Puerto Rico.

Jacqueline Morris: (16:49) Yes, we're hearing

Harold Arcos: (16:51) Propuesta # 1Crear Artículo de Disposición Transitoria que especifica que los Nuevos Principios Operativos no estarán en vigencia ni operativos hasta que se apruebe las Nuevas Reglas de Procedimiento.Propuesta # 2Aplicar las Reglas de Elección anteriores para las Nuevas Posiciones.Propuesta # 3Aplicar las anteriores Reglas de Procedimientos y los anteriores Principios Operativos.

Jacqueline Morris: (16:51) But the rotatoion was well defined in the Puerto Rico meeting

Lance Hinds: (16:52) Correct Jacqueline

Harold Arcos: (16:54) totally agreed +1

Lilian Ivette De Luque: (16:55) 5 para que se rompa en caso de empate

Jacqueline Morris: (16:55) I am still confused how anyone can believe the first paragraph MANDATES that the RoP must be updated before the OP can be in force.

Alberto Soto: (16:55) Humberto y Sergio, aprobados

Heidi Ullrich: (16:55) A friendly reminder that the elections are set to begin on 29 April. / Un recordatorio amistoso de que las elecciones comenzarán el 29 de abril.

Jacqueline Morris: (16:55) These Operating Principles provide an overall governance framework to the Latin American and Caribbean Regional At-Large Organization (LACRALO). This document is to be supplemented by the Rules of Procedure (to be drafted). The Rules of Procedure will provide more detailed steps regarding the implementation of these Operating Principles.

Alberto Soto: (16:56) Exactly Jaqueline

Heidi Ullrich: (16:56) Google translation of Jacqueline's text: Estos Principios Operativos proporcionan un marco de gobernabilidad general a la Organización Regional At-Large de América Latina y el Caribe (LACRALO). Este documento debe ser complementado por las Reglas de Procedimiento (por redactar). Las Reglas de Procedimiento proporcionarán pasos más detallados con respecto a la implementación de estos Principios Operativos.

Harold Arcos: (16:58) te oímos Alberto,,,

Harold Arcos: (16:59) sí,,,

Jacqueline Morris: (16:59) Yes, hearing

Harold Arcos: (17:00) Por favor,,hablar y leer un poco más lento para facilitar la interpretación en EN.

Lance Hinds: (17:01) I agree

Jacqueline Morris: (17:02) I agree with the small committee

Jacqueline Morris: (17:02) And I agree with a postponement

Heidi Ullrich: (17:03) @Carlton, under your motion, would the elected positions then take their seats immediately and end at the 2020 AGM?

Harold Arcos: (17:03) I kindly request to Staff,,,to write the new proposal by Carlton,,,to cancel Elections

Alberto Soto: (17:03) Yo estoy de acuerdo: Sergio y Humberto están aprobadoos

Heidi Ullrich: (17:03) Would the 2020 elections for the region then run during the normal timeframe?

Jacqueline Morris: (17:03) Yes, Heidi

Heidi Ullrich: (17:03) to both ?

Claudia Ruiz: (17:05) @all, please raise your hand if you want to take the floor

Claudia Ruiz: (17:05) We have both lines speaking at the same time, thank you

Jacqueline Morris: (17:05) I am being flexible - I agree with the small committee, and I like both Humberto's option and Carlton's option

Claudia Ruiz: (17:06) Por favor, levante la mano si quiere tomar la palabra.

Heidi Ullrich: (17:06) Jacqueline Morris: Estoy siendo flexible. Estoy de acuerdo con el comité pequeño, y me gusta tanto la opción de Humberto como la de Carlton.

Alberto Soto: (17:06) Tengo que irme Sergio!!!

sergio salinas porto: (17:06) ok alberto

Alberto Soto: (17:07) Gracias a todos, thanks to all!! Bye Bye!!

Heidi Ullrich: (17:07) A decision will need to be made shortly as the elections are set to begin 29 April. / Deberá tomarse una decisión en breve, ya que las elecciones comenzarán el 29 de abril.

Harold Arcos: (17:08) +1 with Comision.  +1 Humberto, Sergio.   +1 I agree with a portion  both proposals.

Jacqueline Morris: (17:08) I;m not feeling bad, I just wanted to make things clear.

Heidi Ullrich: (17:08) Could you please all commit to finding a solution in the next week or so? /¿Podría por favor comprometerse a encontrar una solución en la próxima semana?

Jose Arce: (17:08) +1 Heidi

Lilian Ivette De Luque: (17:09) +1 Heidi is enought

Lance Hinds: (17:09) I agree with the small committee

Jose Arce: (17:10) + 1 al comite

Heidi Ullrich: (17:10) All, the ALAC elections and the selection for a NomCom Delegate will continue as currently scheduled. / Todas las elecciones de ALAC y la selección de un delegado de NomCom continuarán según lo programado actualmente.

Heidi Ullrich: (17:11) It is only the RALO positons that are in question/Solo las posturas de RALO están en cuestión.

Jacqueline Morris: (17:12) Heidi - that's actually not how the rotation was set up

Heidi Ullrich: (17:12) Thanks, Carlton.

Jacqueline Morris: (17:13) ALL of the positions were considered in the rotation in Puerto Rico. I have my notes

Heidi Ullrich: (17:13) ALAC and NomCom Delegate, correct?

Heidi Ullrich: (17:13) @Jacqueline, are you saying that the ALAC/NomCom positions need to follow a rotation and thus can't be held?

Jacqueline Morris: (17:13) I'm OK with letting it go forward forpractical reasons, but just wanted to make that point

Heidi Ullrich: (17:13) This is an ALAC requirement.

Jacqueline Morris: (17:14) The transition time will require flexibility

Heidi Ullrich: (17:15) ok, so we all agree to hold the ALAC elections and those of the NOmCom Delegate as the ALAC scheduled, correct?

Jacqueline Morris: (17:15) Yup. For this round

Heidi Ullrich: (17:15) de acuerdo, todos estamos de acuerdo en celebrar las elecciones del ALAC y las del Delegado de NOmCom como el ALAC programado, ¿correcto?

Heidi Ullrich: (17:15) thanks, Jacqueline.

Jacqueline Morris: (17:16) Bye everyone

Lance Hinds: (17:16) Good night all

Heidi Ullrich: (17:16) Gracias/Thanks!

Harold Arcos: (17:16) Thanks a lot to our interpreters,,,

Jose Arce: (17:16) Adios

Heidi Ullrich: (17:16) +1 Harold!

sergio salinas porto: (17:16) byee

Jacqueline Morris: (17:16) Yes, thanks interpreters1

Harold Arcos: (17:16) thanks to all,,,bye bye

Claudia Ruiz: (17:16) Thank you, all!