Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Agenda update for next NARALO in January 2019

...

Call Management:

...

Summary Minutes:    

Action

...

TopicsEN

Recording:   EN

AC Recording: EN

...

→ 10 December  [Recording: 01:31]: Leah added a quick update on NomCom to the agenda.

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

3. Meeting Discussion Order 


North America Stakeholder Engagement37)

ItemTopic

#

Discussion


Lead

Allotted Time/Running Time

041

Introductory Remarks by NARALO Chair

→: To put the meeting in perspective  and bring-up anything of general interest to the membership:

  • Updates : 
    • EPDP on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data - Monthly Update (by Alan Greenberg)
    • Discretionary funds (by Glenn Mcknight)
    • FY20 ALAC/RALO Additional Budget Requests (by Eduardo Díaz an d Glenn McKnight)
  • New agenda discussions
    • ATLAS III Updates

Eduardo

(00:01 / 00:06)
025

CROP FY18

→: To provide an update/report for the following CROP supported events:  

  • ARIN 41 (William)

William

(00:01 / 00:07)

042

New NARALO Members

→: To introduce new members to the region

  • Joey Doyle (CA)
  • Pierre-Jean Darres (New representative from ISOC Quebec)

Joey

Pierre

(00:05 / 00:12)
017

NARALO Outreach Group Update Report

→: To provide a summary of the NARALO Outreach Group efforts since our last call

  • NARALO Outreach results from the 2018 IGF
  • Reminder of CROP trips for FY19
    1. NTC19 Portland, Oregon 13-15 March 2019
      1. Deadline to apply: December 20, 2018
    2. Digital Inclusion Charlotte, North Carolina 1-3 April 2019
      1. Deadline to apply: January 10, 2019
    3. ARIN 43 Bridgetown, Barbados 7-10 April 2019
      1. Deadline to apply: January 10, 2019
Glenn(00:10 05 / 00:2217)
051

NARALO Discretionary Funds Report

→: To provide a report on the use of discretionary funds assigned to NARALO

Glenn(00:05 03 / 00:2720)
053

FY20 ALAC/RALO Additional Budget Requests (ABR)

→: To request proposals for submission to this process and report on its results. Requirements for proposals are as follows: 

      • Proposals should include ways in which will make the entire At-Large community more effective and develop the At-Large community rather than a single section of the At-Large community.
      • Outreach should not be a major focus. Activities to improve engagement with existing members is encouraged.
      • If any request is made on outreach, it should go through the CROP program or as a part of a larger ALAC request for RALO Discretionary Funding. 
      • RALO requests should be strategic and in line with their RALO's strategic outreach plans and must be endorsed by their RALO prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.
      • Staff is currently expecting that basic resources for community communications/printing will be supported through the core ICANN budget, but that community proposals for printing , etc. will be accepted as a back-up in case expectations change.  Specific proposals for communications resources beyond simple printing and editing functions should be prepared and submitted.


Timeline

Start

End

Status

Kick off and Submission period

11/05/2018

25/01/2019

In progress

FBSC representatives and/or staff to send notice of opening of FY20 Additional Budget Request (ABR) process to RALOs15/11/201815/11/2018Completed
RALOs to review any ALS request or complete a template on behalf of the RALO and send requests to

staff@atlarge.icann.org 

26/11/201804/01/2019Completed
Discussion of Proposals with Finance Staff and FBSC07/01/2019 11/01/2019Completed
Revised proposals to be sent to the FBSC for final review.14/01/201918/01/2019
The ALAC to review the proposed At-Large FY20 ABRs during their monthly call 22/01/201922/01/2019
The FBSC to review all the RALO requests.23/01/201923/01/2019

Submissions Due – send to planning@icann.org

25/01/2019

25/01/2019

On target

Preliminary review of requests by ICANN.org

28/01/2019

08/03/2019

On target

SO/AC consultations at ICANN 64 (by request, during Constituents’ Day)

09/03/2019

15/03/2019

On target

Final assessments and recommendations by ICANN.org

18/03/2019

31/03/2019

On target

ICANN Board Finance Committee Review and recommendation for approval to the Board

15/04/2019

19/04/2019

On target

ICANN Board review and approval at May Board meeting

22/04/2019

03/05/2019

On target

Eduardo

Glenn

(00:05 / 00:3225)044
055

2019 NomCom update report

 →:To provide a brief report by our 2019 NomCom representative.

Leah(00:05 / 00:30)
050

Student Outreach by  the North American Graduate Students At-Large Structure

→: To provide an update updated report on North America Stakeholder Engagement efforts

  • Current and future engagements

Chris

Joe

efforts related to outreach University students by this At-Large Structure

  • F/U syllabus work and Google doc for research material
David(00:05 / 00:35)
052

EPDP on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data

→: To provide an update report on this effort

Alan(00:05 / 00:40)
056

Topic 056: ATLAS III

→:To provide an ATLAS III update

Eduardo(00:05 / 00:45)
057

Topic 057: Presentation: What is ahead for ICANN in 2019

To provide a fresh perspective of pending ICANN policies, reviews and issues in 2019. 

Chris(00:14 / 00:59)

if we get to them...




026

NARALO ALAC members Update Reports

→: To provide a summary by our current NARALO representatives in ALAC of what was discussed since our last meeting in ALAC regarding policy and anything else that the region should be aware about.

Javier

John L.

Alan

(00:05 / 00:42)
050

Student Outreach by  the North American Graduate Students At-Large Structure

→: To provide an updated report on efforts related to outreach University students by this At-Large Structure

David(00:05 / 00:47)

028

NARALO Policy Group Update Report

→: To provide an update report by the head of the Policy Group as to the ICANN policies being discussed at the moment affecting NARALO end-users and/or interest to NARALO members in general

Jonathan

(00:05 / 00:52)
052

EPDP on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data

→: To provide an update report on this effort

Alan(00:07 / 00:59)



if we get to them...029

NARALO Education Group Update Report

→: To provide provide an update report by the head of the Educational Group since our last call.

Alfredo
043

Social Media Update Report

→: To report on the At-Large Social Media Working Group (SoMe) and NARALO required efforts to support this initiative

  • What is the strategy for At-Large? For RALOs? for NARALO?
  • What are timelines for implementation?
Susannah
044

North America Stakeholder Engagement

→: To provide an update report on North America Stakeholder Engagement efforts

  • Current and future engagements

Chris

Joe



to be updated in the future...

045

Academic Credits

→:To work on ways that we could possibly exchange academic credit for students who participate in ICANN policy development processes

Chris

Yubelkys

David

(00:05 / 00:42)
-

Any Other Business (AOB)

-
055

2019 NomCom update report

 →:To provide a brief report by our 2019 NomCom representative.

LeahAdded in this meeting
-
-Next meeting: January 14February 11, 2019 @20:00 UTC--

*(allowed time/running time)


4. Current

...

Discussion Topics

This section is for discussions discussion topics that have been carried forward to this meeting

...


Topic 017: NARALO Outreach Group Update Report

LEAD: Glenn McKnight

OPEN: 20 Nov 2017, CLOSED:

...

→ 14 March [Recording: 50:00]  Update given. Talked about strategic plan. Various testimonials given about outreach efforts. Example given: ICANN read outs, ARIN meetings and IGF Geneva. No action item Topic generated. [Decision]:  Carry forward to next meeting

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...

Topic 025: CROP FY18

LEAD: Eduardo Diaz

OPEN: 12 February 2018, CLOSED: 

...

→ 14 March [Recording: 10:00]  Program was explained. There may be about $4K o discretionary money that can be used fro this next year. No action item Topic generated. [Decision]: Recommend to keep in the agenda to inform allocation of the two last spots in this program

→ 09 april [Recording: 25] William (WC) mentioned that his trip to the ARIN is more strategic in comparison to the GA trip to New Orleans and that he is looking forward to help out. Glenn sent to WC brochures and materials to help with the outreach.  Glenn also mentioned that he is going to attend The Digital Inclusion in Cleveland and Judith the RigthsCon in Toronto where she is going to be one of panelist as the At-Large Global Indigenous Ambassador program. Read more details in the transcripts (page 12) [Decision]: ACTION ITEMTopic: William, Glenn and Judith to prepare to work with Evin and Mario from staff to make sure that all the activities are posted on at-large social media, Twitter, Facebook. Also, to provide short written reports to staff to start documenting all of these activities and some of the achievements.

→ 14 May [Recording: 30:35]  Running out of time at this moment of the agenda.   [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting as first item Topic in the agenda.

→ 11June [Recording: 3:34]  Glenn and Judith reported. Glenn RigthsCon leads: Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) & First Nations doing libraries throughout the Midwest. Judith RigthsCon leads: not specific leads but mentioned that she is following up with some of them. William's report pending. Final specifics about FY19 CROP still pending. [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting.

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...

Topic 026:  NARALO ALAC Members Update Reports

LEAD: Javier Rúa, John Laprise & Alan Greenberg

...

→ 09 april [Recording: 3:00 ]  Javier Rúa gave a summary of the Work Track 5” of the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group. Alan mentioned statements already put out by ALAC fro GDPR Implementation, Fellowship Program and KSK Rollover. ALAC is currently looking for input on a proposal model made by the Intellectual Property Constituency (IP) and Business Constituency for accreditation and authorization on WhoIs data and on the replenishment of the ICANN financial reserve. Please check out the Policy Page in the links provided below. [Decision]: Action item Topic for staff: Summarize what the policy issues are and send it out to the list as quickly as possible.

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 028: NARALO Policy Group Update Report

LEAD: Jonathan Zuck 

OPEN: 09 April 2018, CLOSED:

...

→ 09 april [Recording: 51] This group is looking for volunteers. Jonathan suggested to focus in the following topics: Disposition of Action Funds, Universal Acceptance and Name Collisions. Please refer to page 26 of the transcript for more details about these.  [Decision]: ACTION ITEMTopic: Ask for volunteers for this group. Carry forward to next meeting.

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...

Topic 029: NARALO Education Group Update Report

LEAD: Alfredo Calderon

OPEN: 09 April 2018, CLOSED:

...

DESCRIPTION: This discussion item Topic is for providing an update report by the head of the Educational Group.

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 041: Introductory Remarks by NARALO Chair

LEAD: Eduardo Díaz

OPEN: 10 September 2018, CLOSED:

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...

Topic 042: New NARALO Members

LEAD: Joey Doyle

OPEN: [open date], CLOSED:

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 043: Social Media Update Report

LEAD: Susannah Gray 

OPEN: 10 Sept 2018CLOSED:

...

→ 10 September [Recording: 28:30] Report given. Transcript excerpt: "The thing I guess at this point we’re really looking from NARALO as some additional volunteers from the community to be on point if NARALO-related social media. As I put in the chat, if you’re interested, please contact me or one of the staff on this call or Evin. And we’ll put your name in the hat, and we’ll get busy. We have a lot of work to do." Transcript excerpt by Alfredo asking for #hashtags : "...if it’s possible to have an action item Topic where we, as NARALO, can make a list of all the hashtags of all the ALSes that we have in our region so that we can monitor what activities they are doing, I and Susannah, as the social media leaders, can funnel that information so that At-Large can have access to it in a timely formal manner." Check transcript starting in page #17 for more details [Decision]: Carry forward to next meeting

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 044: North America Stakeholder Engagement

LEAD: Chris Mondini & Joe Catapano

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 047: Academic Credits

LEAD: Chris Mondini

LEAD COLLABORATORS: Yubelkys Montalvo (Universities) & David Morar (Students)

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 050: Student Outreach by  the North American Graduate Students At-Large Structure

LEAD: David Morar, Anna Cecile Loup 

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 051: NARALO Discretionary Funds Report

LEAD: Glenn McNight

OPEN: 10 December 2018, CLOSED:

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...


Topic 052: EPDP on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data 

LEAD: Alan Greensberg

OPEN: 10 December 2018, CLOSED:

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...



Topic 053: FY20 ALAC/RALO Additional Budget Requests (ABR)

LEAD: Eduardo Díaz / Glenn McKnight

OPEN: 10 December 2018, CLOSED:

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

...

Topic 055: 2019 NomCom update report

LEAD: Leah Sykmekher

OPEN: 10 December 2018, CLOSED: 

...

This section is for new discussions in the agenda for this meeting

...

Topic 056: ATLAS III

LEAD: Eduardo Díaz

OPEN: 14 January 2019, CLOSED:

...

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:


Topic 057: Presentation: What is ahead for ICANN in 2019

LEAD: Chris Mondini

OPEN: 14 January 2019, CLOSED: 14 January 2019

TYPE: Outreach

DESCRIPTION: To provide a fresh perspective of pending ICANN policies, reviews and issues in 2019. 

→ 14 January  [Recording: XX:XX]:

6. Any Other Business (AOB)

This section is for any new discussions not in the agenda for this meeting.

...

Topic 057*: [

...

Topic title here]

LEAD: [name]

OPEN: [open date], CLOSED:

...