CONSENT AGENDA (2 items)
Reappointment of Becky Burr to seat 13 on the ICANN Board. The CPH has reappointed Becky Burr for Seat 13 on the ICANN Board of Directors. This agenda item is intended to acknowledge the selection and confirm that the notification process as outlined in Section 7.25 of the ICANN Bylaws will be completed subsequently.
Adoption of the CSC Effectiveness Review Team Final Report
Approval of the final report of the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Effectiveness Review
- The Customer Standing Committee (CSC) was established as one of the post IANA Transition entities and conducted its first meeting on 6 October 2016.
- The ICANN Bylaws, Section 17.3 (b) states, "The effectiveness of the CSC shall be reviewed two years after the first meeting of the CSC; and then every three years thereafter. The method of review will be determined by the ccNSO and GNSO and the findings of the review will be published on the Website."
- On 27 September 2018, the GNSO Council approved the process for the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Effectiveness Review and appointed GNSO representatives (motion 20180927-1) https://gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions#201809
- On 16 January 19, the Initial Report for the CSC Effectiveness Review prepared by the CSC Effectiveness Review Team was published https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/csc-effectiveness-initial-16jan19-en.pdf
- The public comment on the Initial Report on CSC Effectiveness opened from 16 Jan 2019 to 25 Feb 2019 and comments were received https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-csc-effectiveness-initial-16jan19/
- On 05 March 2019, the final of the report of the Customer Standing Committee Effectiveness Review was published at https://community.icann.org/x/VQpIBg, as a revision of the initial report in light of the comments received.