Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

The ATRT's proposed recommendations include:

Wiki Markup*"ICANN should establish \ [by INSERT DATE\] formal mechanisms for identifying the collective skill-set required by the ICANN Board including such skills as public policy, finance, strategic planning, corporate governance, negotiation, and dispute resolution. Emphasis should be placed upon ensuring the Board has the skills and experience to effectively provide oversight of ICANN operations consistent with the global public interest and deliver best practice in corporate governance."*

1. What skill sets do you feel currently missing from the board and how will your skills fill those gaps?

Regarding my experience (I try to put that in my SOI) I can answer the following,;
Public policy: I am doing that within ICANN since 10 years. And it is also what I was doing in for not profit organizations in direction of the youth (UCPA) and the CIOs (CIGREF and EuroCio);
Finance: it was one part of my MBA training and I run an important IT project including the responsibility of a budget of US$40 million;
Strategic planning and Corporate governance: As Deputy CIO at SNCF (French Railways) and Deputy CEO at Cigref (CIO organization), I took an important part in the definition and rollout of those two key  processes;
Negotiation: with providers (Air-Inter, SNCF, Cigref), with partners and employees (all the time).

But what I would like to bring to the Board is a mix of skill and knowledge.