Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1. Attendance
  2. Changes to SOI
  3. Discussion of Draft Report
  4. Submit Draft Report to ICANN Legal for Temperature Check?
  5. AOB

Notes

1.         Attendance

Lori Schulman: no one on phone only.

2.         Changes to SOI

Lori Schulman (none)

3.         Discussion of Draft Report

Lori Schulman: Will go through the report and discuss the two remaining open questions. No comments on ES, no objections on section II.

Alan Greenberg: Section 1.4 re available vs and or / applicable. Heading for 2 instead of “shall develop” should be “shall have”. 2 D and E - not associated with a specific SOAC just saying multiples can collaborate - we need procedures for community powers that require multiple SOAC collaboration.

Lori Schulman: Good point will bring it up in Plenary prep meeting.

Alan Greenberg: SSR review is an example of the collegial approach not working very well for these types of things.

Lori Schulman: Forms and Procedures should be a recommendation from this group. Onto the second question - should apply to all types of discussions (beyond director removal). Argument for it would say that it is good practice and should be used. Argument against it is that this was for a very specific procedure therefore expanding.

Alan Greenberg: Not a bad suggestion but not critical.

Lori Schulman: could recommend but community would decide.

Bernard Turcotte: would recommend separating recommendations that are clearly in scope vs those that are not. Reminder of 2 readings rules and the timing of the various plenaries.

Alan Greenberg: this version does not need to be an official first reading by the plenary - could go to ICANN Legal at same time.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: ok with this approach.

Lori Schulman: Will try to have next version tonight - regardless we will get a version out tomorrow for initial comments by the plenary - the Guidelines group could then consider these comments at its next meeting on 18th and have it ready for an official first reading on 25 January plenary.

4.         Submit Draft Report to ICANN Legal for Temperature Check?

Lori Schulman: No objection to sending to ICANN legal for comments. Will proceed with this.

5.         AOB

Lori Schulman: none - Adjourned.

Action Items

Documents Presented

W2 Guidelines Draft Report v1 (003) -- ls redline.pdf

Chat Transcript

Yvette Guigneaux: (1/9/2017 09:37) Welcome all to the Guidelines for Good Faith Subgroup Meeting #7  |  09 January @ 19:00 UTC!

Yvette Guigneaux: (09:37) **If you are not speaking, please kindly mute your phones -  *6 (star six)  to unmute

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:00) Hi Yvette, I will mute my mic but now you won't be able to listen to Willie Nelson in the background... Happy New Year everyone

Yvette Guigneaux: (11:00) hi Herb....awwww, we love Willie - thanks for the update, LOL

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:02) hello all

Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:02) HI

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:02) happy new year

Yvette Guigneaux: (11:03) Happy New Year All   =)

Julf Helsingius: (11:04) I still don't have any objections :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:04) no problem to edit

Yvette Guigneaux: (11:04) scrolling available if needed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:04) agree less can be more
   Julf Helsingius: (11:04) I think it is refreshingly brief and to the point
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:05) indeed July
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:06) auto correct sticks again....  U
   Julf Helsingius: (11:06) :)
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:06) sorry
   Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:08) cqan you repeat alan
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:09) available /applicable?    they    they're slightly different
   Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:09) thanks
   Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:11) good point AG
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:13) so recommendation to develop a Economic set of principles / Procedures to implement the new Powers
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:13) wider than our topic
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:16) Economic above is also an auto correct GRRR  should be Empowered Community
   Julf Helsingius: (11:18) I agree
   Yvette Guigneaux: (11:18) Lito has a hand up
   Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:19) hand up
   Lito Ibarra: (11:19) Sorry. I meant to agree
   Lito Ibarra: (11:20) Not a hand up
   Yvette Guigneaux: (11:21) Sorry Lito - i thought you had your hand up but it was agreement instead, apologies  =)
   Lito Ibarra: (11:24) It's ok, Yvette. My mistake.
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:26) good to go as draft to the Plenary of CCWG   IMO
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:28) online call with next draft as good to go. IMO
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:36) yup I will be in the planning meeting
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:37) good time line
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:39) excellent
   Julf Helsingius: (11:39) Thank you!
   avri doria: (11:39) bye
   Herb Waye Ombuds: (11:39) Good bye all
   Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: (11:39) bye
   Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:39) thx Lori bye for now
   Lori Schulman: (11:40) cio
   Lori Schulman: (11:40) ciAO