Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Please provide comments to Section 5, Adopt a Working Group Model, in the table below (you must be logged in to edit the table and provide your comments).

Comment #Working Text ReferenceWorking Text Page #Comment Provided ByComment - Working Party Members Provide Feedback Here
5.3 (BGC WG Recommendations 1 and 2) The Westlake Review Team considers that the BGC WG recommendations have been implemented effectively14Chuck Gomes

This does not seem to be true for recommendation 3.

25.3 (BGC WG Recommendation 3) Westlake Review Team considers that the BGC WG recommendation has been implemented effectively14Chuck Gomes

This does not seem to be true for recommendation 3.

35.4.3 (Observations) The dramatic ‘fall off’ in participants in their second, third and more Working Groups shows a limited talent pool19Chuck Gomes

Is this a fair conclusion?  It doesn’t necessarily seem to follow that because most people do not participate in more than one WG implies that there is a limited talent pool. A more reasonable conclusion would seem to be that there are a limited number of people who are willing to participate in more than one WG.  This doesn’t negate the conclusion but I don’t think the data used validates the conclusion.

4(Community Special Budget Request) According to the ICANN website, these funds pertain to a dedicated part of the overall ICANN annual budget that is set aside to take into account specific requests from the community for activities that are not already included in the recurring ICANN budget.22Chuck Gomes

I do not believe that much if any of these funds have been used to support WGs.  If I am correct, this may not be a very relevant example.

5Fellowship Programme22Chuck Gomes

It would be helpful to know how many Fellows eventually participated in GNSO WGs.

6Westlake Review Team Recommendations31Chuck Gomes

If Westlake has time, it would be useful if they reviewed the P&I WG initial recommendations to assess how well it accommodates these recommendations.