Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Participants:

AFRALO: Tijani Ben Jemaa, Didier Kasole (part of the call)
APRALO: Hong Xue, Pavan Budhrani, Edmon Chung
EURALO: Wolf Ludwig, Olivier Crépin-Loblond
NARALO: Darlene Thompson
LACRALO: Dev Annand Teelucksingh

Apologies: Charles Mok
Staff: Matthias Langenegger

Revision and Adoption of Secretariat Improvements Plan

Wolf: I suggest that everybody reviews the improvements plan and send their input prior to Cartagena.

AI: The regional leadership will review the Secretariat Improvements plan prior to the Cartagena meeting and send their suggestions to the Secretariat list.

Olivier: Do we have deadlines for the Secretariat Improvements?
Darlene: So far, we didn't have deadlines. However, there is a status column at the end.

Review of Cartagena Regional Leadership Meeting Agenda

Wolf: I would like to add a review of the Board selection process from a RALO perspective to the agenda in Cartagena.

Hong: I fully agree with that. This is a very important issue. Each RALO has a different approach to the petition process and the Board selection and a comparison would be quite interesting. 

There were no objections.

AI: Staff will add a discussion on the Board Director process to the agenda of the Secretariat meeting in Cartagena (new item 3).

Wolf: With regards to outreach, we recently had discussions with possible new applicants from Eastern Europe in EURALO.

Wolf: Tijani do you want to include a discussion on the other WT recommendations in the agenda?

Tijani: No, I don't think it is necessary as there will be further discussions on the WT recommendations in Cartagena.

Tijani: I think 30 minutes is not enough to discuss the outreach recommendations.

Hong: Should we give some time to discuss RALO policy processes? I think this is an interesting topic. We could compare the different policy development mechanisms in the RALOs.

Wolf: I think this is an important issue and should be discussed by the RALO leaders. However, there is not much time available for discussions in Cartagena. Do you think there would be a possibility to have an additional, informal meeting during one of the evenings? This could be a possiblity to discuss this further.

Tijani: Would you like to talk about specific policy issues, Hong?

Hong: I don't think we have sufficient time to discuss specific policy issues during the Secretariat meeting in Cartagena. I would rather focus on how the RALOs are engaging their ALSes to provide policy input.

Wolf: Should the discussions on this topic be initiated in Cartagena and further discussed in the following weeks? Is there approval that this item could be discussed informally during an evening session in Cartagena?

There were no objections.

AI: Wolf will work with the RALO leadership to organize an informal get-together in Cartagena to discuss, among other things, the RALO policy development processes.

Review Draft Starter Kit for New ALS Reps

Wolf: this is an issue that started a long time ago. This document should help new At-Large members to get involved in At-Large. It has different parts: the At-Large mailing lists, the wiki workspaces, At-Large and ICANN website overview and the At-Large Facebook page.

Darlene: there needs to be more explanation on what our accronyms mean.

Hong: I agree with Darlene. Also, it should be noted that not all our members have access to these services. For example, I can not use Facebook.

Wolf: I agree with Darlene.

Tijani: I suggest adding the glossary to this document.

Olivier: A couple of suggestions. There should be a mention to the linkedIn group. Also, there should be some diagramms included in the document.

Darlene: I don't think a link to a glossary is enough. There are already a lot of accronyms in this document.

AI: Staff will explain all accronyms used in the Starter Kit document and add a link to the ICANN glossary in a prominent position.

Olivier: Let's have pointers to the most important diagrams explaining ICANN and At-Large

AI: Staff will add pointers to the key ICANN and At-Large diagram to the starter kit.

Wolf: I propose that we all go through this document again and send our suggestions to the Secretariat list and have a revised version of the starter kit in time for the Cartagena meeting.

Olivier: Should this document already be available in Cartagena? We could then further update it and have an updated version available in Cartagena.

Dev: I agree with Darlene that the document is very acronym-heavy at the moment.

AI: Staff will prepare an updated version of the ALS rep starter kit to incorporate the suggested changes and send it to the Secretariat list.

Dev: We should start thinking about a video and a slideshow as an addition to the text starter kit.

AI: Staff will add an agenda item to the Cartagena Secretariat meeting to start discussions on a video version of the starter kit.

The meeting was then adjourned.