Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to everyone and apologies for the link not working on the meeting page!
  Tijani:Hi Gisella
  Tijani:Hi everyone
  Darlene Thompson:Hi all
  Wolf Ludwig:Hi everybody!
  Oksana Prykhodko:Hi, everyone!
  Jose Arce:Hi all
  Heidi Ullrich:Hello, everyone!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Jose dropped - we are dialling back to him
  Jose Arce:Thanks
  Wolf Ludwig:I agree on this agenda proposal!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:6. Decisions to certify or decertify an At-Large Structure shall be made as decided by the ALAC in its Rules of Procedure, save always that any changes made to the Rules of Procedure in respect of ALS applications shall be subject to review by the RALOs and by the ICANN Board.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:7. Decisions as to whether to accredit, not to accredit, or disaccredit an At-Large Structure shall be subject to review according to procedures established by the Board.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:8. On an ongoing basis, the ALAC may also give advice as to whether a prospective At-Large Structure meets the applicable criteria and standards.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree with Wolf - the difficulty is the criteria and the minimum metrics
  Heidi Ullrich:That is correct, Darlene
  Heidi Ullrich:Sorry if I was unclear
  Wolf Ludwig:Temporarily disabling ALSes from voting could be a first useful warning and step.
  Darlene Thompson:DARN IT - I just had an emergency meeting come up in my normal work.  It starts at 11:00 so I will need to leave a few minutes before that.
  Heidi Ullrich:Shall we make that an action item?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:http://www.atlarge.icann.org/framework.htm also has more information re: certification and de-certification
  Tijani:I'm dropped
  Tijani:can you make Adigo call me
  Gisella Gruber-White:Tijani - we are calling you again
  Gisella Gruber-White:tijani is back on the call
  Heidi Ullrich:Matt would be able to prepare a table which compiles the RALOs' views
  Wolf Ludwig:We submitted our proposal comprising 7 steps to the SFO meeting already.
  Charles Mok:I agree with Darlene on that.
  Darlene Thompson:Yes, I agree with letting the ALAC know what our criteria is as a matter of politeness
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:In http://www.atlarge.icann.org/framework.htm :
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:7 . Decisions to de-certify an ALS shall require a 2/3 majority of the members of the ALAC who cast a vote as provided in the Rules of Procedure of the ALAC, and any decertification decision shall be subject to review as provided in the ICANN Bylaws, Article IV, Section 2. Reasons for the ALAC to pursue de-certification action, and to de-certify an ALS, may include persistent non-compliance with significant ALS requirements. The ALAC will provide advance notice to the ALS in question, and the ALS will have an opportunity to be heard and respond to the ALAC prior to a decision on de-certification. The ALAC will notify the ALS of its de-certification decision and provide information on requesting a review of the decision.
  Wolf Ludwig:Only ALAC can decertify ALSes -- the rules and procedures are up on the RALOs -- to be approved by ALAC ...
  Heidi Ullrich:Could the Sec Improvements list be updated or integrated with the At-Large Improvements?
  Heidi Ullrich:correct,Dev
  Heidi Ullrich:This is an activity the new Regional Manager could work with you on.
  Seth Greene:Aslo, could the Secretariat, like the existing WGs, be a group to which some of the ALAC/At-Large Improvements proposals is assigned?  Just a suggestion.
  Wolf Ludwig:It makes sense that Secretariats improvements are part of At-Larege ... incl. timelines ....
  Seth Greene:Latest version of ALAC/At-Large Improvements Milestone Report (undergoing vote at present):  https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/28902780/ALAC+Improvements+Project+Milestone+Report_9+Oct+2011+%28w+staff+intro%29.pdf
  Darlene Thompson:Sounds like a plan
  Oksana Prykhodko: I support Wolf"s idea
  Darlene Thompson 2:And now I have to leave - see you all in Dakar!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care, Darlene
  Wolf Ludwig:See you Darlene.
  Oksana Prykhodko:See you!
  Oksana Prykhodko:agree
  Jose Arce 2:I have to leave now. bye all
  Wolf Ludwig:Looking forward to your exciting Dakar events, Tijani!
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks everyone. Thank you for chairing, Tijani!
  Charles Mok:Thank you, see you in Dakar
  Wolf Ludwig:THanks to all and see you soon.
  Oksana Prykhodko:see you!
  Jose Arce:See you , bye!!!!
  Tijani:Bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh: Impressive number of AFRALO activites in Dakar, Tijani
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:bye
  Tijani:Yes, indeed
  Tijani:I cont on your support
  Tijani:Thank you all
  Tijani:see you