Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

00:17:54    Heidi Ullrich:    Welcome, All.
00:18:03    maureen hilyard:    Hi everyone
00:18:28    Frank Anati:    good evening
00:18:35    Frank Anati:    hi everyone Frank Anati from Ghana 
00:18:41    Herb Waye:    Greetings from the Office of the Ombudsman... Bonjour du bureau de l’ombudsman.
00:18:51    June Parris:    June Parris Barbados
00:19:11    Glenn McKnight:    Glenn McKnight,  Canada
00:19:58    Gisella Gruber - ICANN Org:    Wishing everyone a very warm welcome to this ICANN74 Multilingual read-out (by EURALO)
00:23:52    Marie Pattullo:    Huge respect to the operational team - the procedures were great. And loved the lanyards!
00:25:31    Gopal Tadepalli:    Greetings. - Dr. T V Gopal, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University , Chennai, INDIA.
00:29:27    Glenn McKnight:    Hi Prof Gopal
00:30:02    Alfredo Calderon:    Hello to all!
00:30:14    Olévié A. A. KOUAMI:    Greetings from Sénégal
00:31:14    maureen hilyard:    Thanks Maarten It was certainly great to see everyone who could make it to the Hague. And safety arrangements were well organised by the Planning Team.
00:31:54    Glenn McKnight:    Do we know if any sickness of ICANN attendees in The Hague?
00:32:02    Glenn McKnight:    If yes will it impact  KL?
00:33:26    maureen hilyard:    I certainly didn't hear of anything
00:33:52    Marc Gelabert:    Hello from Spain, first time here as I’m fairly new @ EURALO, hope to be able to meet you all in KL
00:35:42    Philippe Fouquart:    @Maureen I can't agree more! :) @Glenn yes, at least one :s but in all fairness probably not caught on-site but on the way back
00:36:06    Nigel Hickson:    Thank you Maarten and Katrina - yes idea of coloured landyards was great 
00:37:46    Glenn McKnight:    The interesting lack of precautions outside the venue
00:39:09    Sébastien Bachollet:    Agree Adam
00:39:48    Heidi Ullrich:    Official announcement of of the Community Excellence Award recipient: https://www.icann.org/en/announcements/details/icann-community-excellence-award-2022-honors-vanda-scartezini-15-06-2022-en
00:41:10    maureen hilyard:    We in At-Large are very proud of Vanda and her successes. She was a very worthy recipient of the Excellence award.
00:41:27    Glenn McKnight:    Yes, Vanda has been a super volunteer
00:41:52    maarten botterman:    Truly a highlight - I was very  happy to see that the Community Panel selected Vanda for this honor
00:42:08    Nigel Hickson:    +1 Vanda; she was so happy; was excellent 
00:42:51    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    a worthy recipient indeed!
00:43:16    ADAM PEAKE - ICANN Org:    ICANN74 participants survey, we really want hear from you about your experience https://engage.clicktools.com/v2/3gdni5kjvx0w2#page1
00:43:35    Sebastien Ducos:    Fellows
00:44:54    Natalia Filina:    Hello dear all! Sorry for late joining you! Happy to see all of you here now-)
00:45:01    Lucien CASTEX:    Bonsoir à toutes et à tous. hello everyone
00:46:34    Nigel Hickson:    Need to have Next GEN in a dedicated session 
00:47:25    Hadia El Miniawi:    Hello Natalia and all - sorry as well for joining late
00:47:41    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    managing schedules so they allow for more of us to see their presentation is the key...
00:47:49    Natalia Filina (EURALO):    Hello dear Hadia!!!!!
00:49:14    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    perhaps more of us need to learn how to project voice and use microphones with or without masks ...
00:51:01    Hadia El Miniawi:    Indeed congratulations for a successful hybrid meeting
00:52:10    maureen hilyard:    @Natalia. So great to "see" you. We missed you in The Hague :(
00:53:24    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    indeed
00:54:26    Glenn McKnight:    @seb  I hope you are feeling well
00:54:38    maureen hilyard:    @Nigel. Really appreciated your participation in the ALAC-GAC session
00:54:50    Natalia Filina (EURALO):    my dearest @Maureen! Thank you!!! That was the most sad ICANN meeting for me ever, yeah... I have a dream to see you soon during icann75! Nice to be now here with all of you!
00:55:11    Glenn McKnight:    Greetings Natalia
00:55:30    Glenn McKnight:    We had a very successful Orchid Appreciation Society meeting in the Hague
00:56:07    Natalia Filina (EURALO):    My DEAR @GLENN! Greetings and my tight hugs!!!
00:56:12    Nigel Hickson:    @ Maureen - GAC always looks forward to meeting with ALAC.  Great dialogue; look forward to inter-sessional catch up. 
00:56:58    Marie Pattullo:    Suspense! ;-)
00:57:20    maureen hilyard:    +1 Marie
01:02:30    Herb Waye Ombuds:    Great idea for outside social events
01:02:44    Laura Margolis:    +1 Herb
01:05:09    Marie Pattullo:    One great thing would be issuing invitation letters earlier; one of our main colleagues (African) didn't get it in time hence couldn't get the visa.
01:05:54    Bruna Santos:    I do believe the letter issuance is indeed an issue as I have found myself writing additional ones in the past years reinforcing that our members had funding and would only come in for the meeting and so on.
01:06:13    ADAM PEAKE - ICANN Org:    There used to be a large grass area at the venue, but those of you who were in The Hague probably noticed the long grass and wild areas around the building.  All the grassed open spaces in the area around the venue and other buildings have been allowed to grow wild.  A nice idea, but no outside spaces left for receptions, lunches, coffees etc. Beyond our control.
01:06:17    Bruna Santos:    But there might be also something about the format and amount of information that’s handed out in the initial letter that could be interesting
01:06:49    judith Hellerstein:    Yes the letter were issues late, and visa appointments could not be held.  I think what we should look at is the possibility of getting visas on arrival
01:07:11    Bruna Santos:    And I fully understand the restrictions, Adam. We are super thankful that the meeting took place and allowed for us to reconvene and see each other. But I mentioned the open spaces areas just as a suggestion for the upcoming ones (:
01:07:29    Ben Romdhane Chokri:    I've got the visa on Friday 10/06/2022 at 16h:00 pm and saved at last minute by Siranush
01:07:58    Marie Pattullo:    That's outside ICANN's mandate Judith - depends on the country's laws.
01:08:32    Hadia El Miniawi:    @Judith I don’t think when and where to get a visa is something ICANN can do anything about
01:08:47    judith Hellerstein:    @marie yes that is true but IGF facilitates visas because of its UN connections which the ICANN cannot do
01:08:58    Irina Danelia:    +1 to concerns regarding visa issue. I personally see no way to get US visa at the moment
01:09:20    Ben Romdhane Chokri:    Reviewing the countries candidates to held ICANN  meeting it is really an urgent for community members
01:09:26    Laura Margolis:    I think Judith is means about the time when ICANN confirmed the meeting, just then people could start VISA process..
01:10:18    Bruna Santos:    The visa issuance deadlines is indeed outside ICANNs remit, Marie. But what NCSG discussed was that maybe we needed to revisit the deadlines for replacing the names upon visa refusal, I don’t know if that was the case in other parts of the community but we did not use one of the slots bc of these deadline detail - the refusal came in after the deadline for replacing the funded traveller.
01:10:36    Hadia El Miniawi:    Planning for visas needs to be done maybe 4+ months in advance
01:10:49    Roberto Gaetano - NextGen Mentor:    @Adam maybe you know I have a different opinion about social events, the problem is that we cant’think in terms of “a great event or nothing” - we need to go to the origin, when we were able to do little things - at EuroDIG, just one week after Den Haag, we had a fairly successful (my own opinion) social event, with GEMS music, for a total cost of less than 1K€ - we can follow that model in KL
01:11:30    Laura Margolis:    We really need GEMS again!
01:11:38    judith Hellerstein:    Yes. I really missed GEMS at the ICANN meeting
01:11:48    Hadia El Miniawi:    +1 to GEMS back
01:11:54    Nigel Hickson:    +Roberto - the more local culture we can embrace the better; and agree GEMS were at their best; was a good social event. 
01:12:21    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    ±++
01:13:21    Hervé CLEMENT:    +1 for GEMS, Montreal's one was fantastic… Chris normally remembers ;)
01:13:45    Alejandra Bernal - Minka Digital:    Is any chance to have invitation letters and hotel bookings at least as and advanced? In some countries we will need that for KL
01:13:53    ADAM PEAKE - ICANN Org:    GEMs were very good at EuroDIG.  Bruna, very good suggestion about doing more outside.
01:14:08    Chris Buckridge:    I have no doubt that GEMS will ride again! And thank you all for the support for GEMS!
01:14:48    Roberto Gaetano - NextGen Mentor:    If the idea is to have a GEWMS event with free food and drinks for all, in a great location, with equipment that can compete with a Dire Straits exhimbition, that will never happen again. If we go for a place that is given for free, with catering paid by the attendance, and reasonable equipment rented, that can be done. Do you remember Dublin? That's where it started, and that’s where we have to go back to for GEMS 2.0
01:14:58    Roberto Gaetano - NextGen Mentor:    My opinion, anyway
01:15:57    Chris Buckridge:    thank you all - great discussion, and look forward to KL! (and more EURALO virtual sessions in the meantime!)
01:15:59    Irina Danelia:    @Roberto: Fully support!
01:17:46    Bruna Santos:    +1 Marie!
01:17:58    Sebastien Ducos:    
01:18:44    Nigel Hickson:    Excellent Marie; lots of work to do. 
01:19:05    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    the hug was with permission of cou6!!!
01:19:10    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    course
01:19:10    Lucien CASTEX:    Très bien
01:19:14    JOTHAN FRAKES:    +1 Marie great to see you and also I was delighted to recharge my cherylhug batteries
01:20:04    Cheryl Langdon-Orr:    
01:21:34    Roberto Gaetano - NextGen Mentor:    no way to hear the original?
01:22:24    Gisella Gruber - ICANN Org:    Roberto - not on our regular calls … we are working through a phone bridge
01:22:33    Sébastien Bachollet:    No we can only during ICANN meeting 
01:22:36    Gisella Gruber - ICANN Org:    But we have a male voice which is good
01:22:53    Ben Romdhane Chokri:    
01:23:56    Roberto Gaetano - NextGen Mentor:    male voice, with a french accent  that's the top!
01:24:24    Ben Romdhane Chokri:    Il parle un anglais francophone @Gisella
01:26:43    Marie Pattullo:    Jothan: I think we need a bylaw mandating Cherylhugs (with permission) to all in need.
01:27:04    Philippe Fouquart:    @Marie :)
01:27:35    Lucien CASTEX:    very important point Sebastien. Zoom interpretation is way easier to manage indeed.
01:27:48    Bruna Santos:    Unfortunately I also have to leave a bit earlier, but it was once again a pleasure to be here and hear all of you. Merci pour l'invitation, Sébastien!
01:28:17    Herb Waye Ombuds:    Even the fist and elbow bumps felt good after two years
01:29:09    Philippe Fouquart:    @lucien I agree, the "Embedded zoom interpretation" is really "handy"
01:29:43    Roberto Gaetano - NextGen Mentor:    The first priority is to allow everybody to understand a speaker who is speaking in a different language, kudos to ICANN. The second priority is to allow people to hear the original without intermediation
01:30:25    Nigel Hickson:    Have to go; another Call, but thanks so much for session 
01:31:21    Hadia El Miniawi:    ecco
01:31:36    Glenn McKnight:    NARALO will hold a session as followup on Negar and Giovanni plus Marita on Multistakeholderism with some historical significance on the subject on July 11th at  3 pm ET
01:33:16    Claire Mélanie POPINEAU:    Totally agree Philippe and Lucien. Thanks for using the French channel and mentioning the importance of interpretation and multilinguism
01:33:50    Irina Danelia:    Thanks again for inviting me. It was a pleasure to meet everyone. I have to leave now.
01:34:09    Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:    Thanks Olivier, as mentionned for Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN Statement for more info here https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/192219763/_ICANN74%20Joint%20AFRALO-AfrICANN%20meeting%20-%20ICANN74%20%20Statement%20FINAL.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1654198974000&api=v2
01:34:13    Hadia El Miniawi:    +1 interpretation worked well
01:34:32    Hadia El Miniawi:    Thanks Abdeldjalil for the link
01:34:56    Olivier Crépin-Leblond:    Thank you AbdelJalil
01:35:23    Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:    Thanks Hafia for the Pendoler leadership, welcome OCL
01:40:48    Marie Pattullo:    LANYARD LOVE!!!
01:41:36    Glenn McKnight:    When drinking started at the social the lanyard colour became less apparent:)
01:41:59    Marie Pattullo:    Colour-coding now adopted by day-job colleagues organising work events.
01:43:00    JOTHAN FRAKES:    yeah and there were many red lanyards that would say "I am green for YOU" - but this was still good as it helps remind to allow the approached to have agency over the interaction
01:43:26    Laura Margolis:    it would be very interesting to know how many attendants had each colour..
01:43:53    Laura Margolis:    Kind of a social experiment :)
01:44:31    Bill Jouris:    Even beyond covid, continuing the lanyard colors would help deal with cultural differences regarding how physical one should be.
01:44:50    Marie Pattullo:    Exactly Jothan - choice over your own interactions.
01:45:47    June Parris:    absolutely, elocution is important with a mask, hope I spelt it correctly
01:45:49    JOTHAN FRAKES:    agree.  and there are many in tech who have social anxieties where the red yellow green would assist for similar agency/respect
01:50:01    Bill Jouris:    @!June, Both elocution and enunciation.  ☺️
01:50:24    ADAM PEAKE - ICANN Org:    I live in The Hague and I wasn’t expecting good weather in June (it was horrible the week before)
01:52:31    JOTHAN FRAKES:    considering how many unknowns and variables, I give high praise to org for how smoothly the event went - it is unimaginable how challenging that must have been, and staff deserves high praise for execution
01:52:48    ADAM PEAKE - ICANN Org:    Survey link again https://engage.clicktools.com/v2/3gdni5kjvx0w2#page1
01:54:51    Glenn McKnight:    The airport was a disaster at Shipol with no social distance and no masks.
01:54:58    Hadia El Miniawi:    I would say everything was very well thought of. Great organization. Kudos to all who made it happen!
01:57:53    Lucien CASTEX:    Was quite complicated even while hosting the IGF in Paris in 2018.
01:58:41    judith Hellerstein:    Ihad no issues with schipol.  I wore my mask and others did but others did not
01:58:55    ADAM PEAKE - ICANN Org:    Visas are difficult everywhere at the moment. Some consulates are not fully staffed after all the travel restrictions, same for countries that outsource their visa services, those companies are also ramping up again.
01:59:05    Mouloud Khelif:    Actually there are some very “touristic” countries that have “lower” visa requirements… 

Ex: Thailand, Indonesia (visa on arrival for many countries), Morocco …
01:59:36    Mark Datysgeld:    Our Nigerian members had Visa difficulties, which was quite sad.
01:59:36    Ricardo Holmquist:    thank you very much Sebastien for preparing this Readout
01:59:39    Herb Waye Ombuds:    Merci Sébastien et EURALO, très informatif. Thank you all for your respectful and professional participation. À la prochaine... Stay safe and be kind.
01:59:39    Mouloud Khelif:    Malaysia too 
01:59:55    Hadia El Miniawi:    Thank you Sebastien and all
01:59:57    Heidi Ullrich:    Very interesting read out.
02:00:03    Mouloud Khelif:    Thank you everyone very useful Session
02:00:09    ADAM PEAKE - ICANN Org:    Thank you everyone.
02:00:09    Lucien CASTEX:    Merci à tous. Thanks all
02:00:14    Heidi Ullrich:    Many thanks to all of the speakers.
02:00:22    Gisella Gruber - ICANN Org:    Thank you all - Merci a tous!
02:00:28    Katrina Sataki:    Thank you very much! Have a great rest of the day!
02:00:42    Natalia Filina (EURALO):    This is a great ReadOut and an opportunity to see all of you! Thank you for your speeches. Take care please and see you! Merci Sebastien!
02:01:00    Marie Pattullo:    Hello. I live I Brussels...
02:01:06    Marie Pattullo:    *in
02:01:11    Olévié A. A. KOUAMI:    RThanks a lot. Kudos EURALO, Kudos ICANN !!
02:01:13    Philippe Fouquart:    Thanks Sébastien! And many thanks to ICANN staff for the iincredible work, and fingers crossed for KL…
02:01:23    Roberto Gaetano - NextGen Mentor:    Bye all
02:01:25    Philippe Fouquart:    (merci aux interpètes ! )