Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Sub-group Members:   Andree Brambilla, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, David McAuley, Erich Schweighofer, Greg Shatan, Herb Waye, Janet Shih Hajek, Margie Milam, Markus Kummer, Niels ten Oever, Robin Gross, Tatiana Tropina   (12)

Observers/Guests:  Collin  Collin Kurre

ICANN Org:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Elizabeth Andrews, Nathalie Vernolle

Apologies:  Matthew Shears, Jorge Cancio, Anne Aikman-Scalese, Kavouss Arasteh, Rudi Daniel 

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

• Word Doc
  • PDF

Recording

Agenda

1. Administrivia - Roll call, absentees, SoIs, etc

2. Discuss draft document for submission to CCWG

3. AOB

Documents

Raw Captioning Notes

Disclaimer: This rough edit transcript, which may contain missing, misspelled or paraphrased words, is only provided for your immediate review 
and is not certified as verbatim and is not to be cited in any way. 

Decisions:

• Report and transmittal letter unanimously approved as a first reading by the participants present with the understanding that there will be an opportunity for participants to post a minority opinion statement. The rapporteur will communicate this to the list and all such minority opinion statements will be due in writing by the next call of the sub-group if they are to be considered for inclusion in the final report. The next call of the sub-group is scheduled for Tuesday 29 August 1900 UTC.

Action Items:

• NTO Post the above decision to the list today.

Requests:

• (none)

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (8/22/2017 13:38) Good day all and welcome to CCWG WS2 Human Rights Subgroup Meeting #31 on 11 August 2017 @ 19:00 UTC!

Brenda Brewer: (13:39) If you are not speaking, please mute your phone by pressing *6 (star 6). To unmute, *6. This call is recorded.

Brenda Brewer: (13:39) Reminder to all, please speak slowly and state your name before speaking for the Captioner.

Captioner: (13:53) Hello

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (13:57) hello all

Niels ten Oever: (13:58) Hi all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:59) hi

David McAuley: (13:59) I am 8222

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:59) Brenda I

Brenda Brewer: (13:59) Hey Cheryl, your phone should b ringing

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:00) yep on and on mute

Markus Kummer: (14:02) Hello all

Greg Shatan: (14:05) Hello, all.

Andreea Brambilla: (14:08) Yes, I heard that too, David.

Collin Kurre: (14:08) This part was the only thing that stood out to me as well. Perhaps it should just be "the subgroup recognizes" without the "does"

Greg Shatan: (14:08) Agree with Collin's change above.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:09) agree with above

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:09) good change

David McAuley: (14:09) Subgroup recognizes is fine with me

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:09) +1

Niels ten Oever: (14:10) “these responses are not endorsed or supported by the representative ofSwitzerland who is member of this Subgroup”

Robin Gross: (14:10) I never got such dissent privileges when I disagreed.

David McAuley: (14:11) I agree w Greg's comment on proper protocol

Robin Gross: (14:11) I had to file a minority statement when I disagreed.  That is the protocol.

Herb Waye Ombuds: (14:11) Sorry for being late

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:12) happy also to add annotation re Switzerland,  but normally I would expect an appended Minority comment in the final report

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:12) as Bernie just outlines

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:15) exactly David

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:18) it is a consensus not a full consensus as I understand

Niels ten Oever: (14:18) Do you have the link to that document Greg?

Robin Gross: (14:19) I agree with Greg's analysis on how to treat this in light of our charter.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:19) yes

Collin Kurre: (14:19) To follow up on what Mark said in the last call, from the chat: "I'm observer listening - I would liek to consult internally and with Brazil and Switzerland."

Greg Shatan: (14:20) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__community.icann.org_display_acctcrosscomm_Charter&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=kbiQDH54980u4nTPfwdloDLY6-6F24x0ArAvhdeDvvc&m=VkoeQ-UqSOR1oXwTFb72WG9rJR6337X8laMVNwG-yKg&s=LKRjw0AFTmHi9mlaqiF09MFMH-7N_rpoDWmOWnI9Pb0&e=

David McAuley: (14:21) Good point @ Cheryl

David McAuley: (14:22) ok - thanks B ernie. Then iof we go down minority report road let's ask for minoryt viewpoints within a set time - by first week in Sept for instance

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:24) hand

Robin Gross: (14:26) Does one need to be an official Member (rep of one of the SOAC's)?  Or can any participant file a minority statement under our charter?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:26) I am as I said earlier happy with that approach Greg

Greg Shatan: (14:27) BTW, Mark Carvell is only listed as an Observer for this group.  But that could be outdated.

Tatiana Tropina: (14:28) Hi all, terribly sorry for joining this call so late -- travelling on business

Greg Shatan: (14:28) I agree with Bernie that we should have 2 reading before Niels declares a consensus level.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:28) welcome Tatiana

Tatiana Tropina: (14:29) Cheryl, :-) thanks! *wave*

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:29) fine with that as well Bernie

David McAuley: (14:29)  agree Greg and Bernie

Andreea Brambilla: (14:29) Sounds reasonable, Bernie.

Robin Gross: (14:29) +1

Tatiana Tropina: (14:29) from what I hear now, I agree too.

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:29) @Andrea - its the Canadian way...

Greg Shatan: (14:29) That sounds like a good way forward.

Andreea Brambilla: (14:30) :)

Tatiana Tropina: (14:30) what. I joined the call and it ends in 3 min???

David McAuley: (14:30) none here

Greg Shatan: (14:30) Bernie, you deserve a poutine for your troubles.

Herb Waye Ombuds: (14:30) Goodbye everyone

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:30) not from me

Collin Kurre: (14:30) Thanks!

David McAuley: (14:30) you are good luck Tatiana

Markus Kummer: (14:30) Bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:30)  ðŸ‘‹

Robin Gross: (14:30) Thanks Niels and all. Bye!

David McAuley: (14:30) bye

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:30) bye all

Andreea Brambilla: (14:30) Thank you!

Tatiana Tropina: (14:30) thanks all, bye

Greg Shatan: (14:30) Thanks for dropping in TT.

Greg Shatan: (14:30) Bye all!