|No.||Recommendation||Recipient||Thematic Group Source||Assignees||Status|
|2||ICANN should increase support (budget, staff) to programmes having brought valuable members to the community.||ICANN Staff||TG1|
The At-Large Community has made ICANN recognizes the fundamental importance of the representation and participation of users in ICANN’s multistakeholder model. At-Large assignees have also played an active role in shaping ICANN programs that bring users to the community.
Besides the programs mentioned in recommendation no.1, ICANN has strengthened the Leadership Training Program, Language Services, online courses, and remote participation to realize the engagement goal. The Global Stakeholder Engagement has used At-Large’s outreach calendar to track and join regional events that interest users, and its synergy with the Regional At-Large Organizations has made the implementation of regional strategies possible. Recently, ICANN Finance Department has adopted the At-Large proposal to integrate the At-Large multiyear schedule of General Assemblies and Summits into ICANN’s Five-Year Operating Plan.
As a result of these increased supports, At-Large has been better funded to engage more users in ICANN activities physically and remotely.
At-Large will continue collaborating with ICANN staff to ensure the lasting success of those programs and will help develop future outreach programs and services.
- During ICANN 54 in Dublin, the ALAC to meet with Xavier Calvez to discuss FY17 Special Budget Request, with a focus on core activities/programs such as the Leadership Training Program
- During ICANN 54 in Dublin, the ALAC to meet with Nora Abusitta to discuss this recommendation and the Next Gen Program, ICANN Fellowship, and Auction Proceeds
- (O&E SC):
- O&E SC co-chairs to review the appropriate O&E programs and come up with key ideas for those programs. This can be a preparatory work for the conversation with Xavier.
- Staff to invite the O&E SC co-chairs to the RALO secretariat session that will review the FY17 special budget request (Tue 29 Sep, 18:00 UTC); to add this as an agenda item
- During ICANN 54 in Dublin, the ALAC to meet with GSE Staff and discuss the lack of communications/collaboration/synergy between GSE and some RALOs in outreach & engagement activities (exception: AFRALO has a very good synergy with AFRICANN).
- Outreach & Engagement SC to review the list of programs identified and see which ones are the most beneficial with great ROIs that need to be kept
- Capacity Building WG to report on this recommendation