Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

•  Olawale (‘Wale) Shakiru BAKARE - United Kingdom (replacing Jordi Iparraguirre)

•  Matthieu Camus - France
  •  Yrjö Länsipuro - Finland
  •  Annette Mühlberg - Germany
  •  Erich Schweighofer - Austria was appointed by consensus on 9/13/2016 (note: he occupied the position vacant by Mikhail Medrish - Russia- stepped down on 8/14/2016)

EURALO Board Calls

Task Force on review and revision of the EURALO By- laws

EURALO MEMBERS GOALS FOR 2016-2017

• Olawale Bakare

Dear EURALO Board Members,

I would like to get actively involved in the EURALO strategic plan, contribute my quota to see that the recommendations are well implemented. 

• Matthieu Camus

Email sent  Mon 1/18/2016 5:44 AM

As a Board member, I would like to explore this notion with the other members of EURALO. Below are some preliminary questions: - why the Internet (and especially domain name policies) is essentially seen by the politics as an economic tool and not a societal or cultural one? - can we share a compromise to consider some parts of the Internet as a common good? - how to improve the visibility of final users in the ICANN and how to have more weight on the policy making (related to accountability)?

• Yrjö Länsipuro

• Email sent on  Wed 12/30/2015 6:14 AM

The implementation of #28 has started in various degrees at the RALO's, but so far mainly as a statistical exercise. What are needed are concrete data about what kind of specialized expertise is available from which ALS's, and names and contact details of people who are willing to give their input to the policy/advice development work.  I suggest that EURALO takes it upon itself to devise a mechanism for getting this information, for its own benefit and as an example to others.

Best,

Yrjö 

• Annette Mühlberg

(please add goals here) 

• Erich Schweighofer

(please add goals here)

As for inreach, also known as "engagement", I am well aware that the majority of our ALSes are not particularly active in EURALO. Let's  make this environment both more exciting, pertinent to our ALSes and  valuable. I am saying "valuable" because I think we'll be fighting an already lost battle if our ALSes do not think there is any value in  participating in EURALO and At-Large activities. 

2. Skillsets

This ties in with what Yrjö was saying: we need to know our ALSes much  more. Only if we know our ALSes better will we be able to specifically  call upon specific ALSes when a particular topic of discussion or  public comment request arrives on our table. So I support what Yrjö  suggests that EURALO takes it upon itelf to devise a mechanism for  getting this information.

3. Linking the ALAC to our ALSes

Again, I am really excited to be able to work with you. I hope we will  be able to be proactive throughout the year and bring that much needed  energy to our EURALO members, to make EURALO inviting, exciting and  effective.

Olivier 

For Reference: Goals of previous Board members 2015-2017

Actual practices are far from the Articles of Association. Some examples. General Assembly elected a Chair of EURALO, but such role doesn’t mention in the Articles of Association. From the other side General Assembly were to elect Board and at the same time to appoint the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board, but did not do it. By the way, not the whole Board must be elected, but only a half for 2 years. Another half must be elected next year. 

Goals- Email sent by Mikhail Medrish   on Thu 1/14/2016 5:14 AM

D.      The section 7 of the Articles of Association defines the possibility of periodical and extraordinary membership fees the amount of which determines the General Assembly. These regulaions are still not put into action. I know from my experience that even the existence of such possibilities in Bylaw can be a deterrent for potential ALSes on joining EURALO.

• Jordi Iparraguirre

• Email sent to mail list  on Thu 12/31/2015 5:17 AM
  • Thanks Olivier, great strategy summary.
  • I'd propose to agree on some actionable action items for each of the points, so we can set a plan and define owners, deliverables and datelines. The same if other people have more proposals.
Dear all,

as agreed during the last EURALO teleconference, please find below my
main goal for this term as Board member.

We have a running purpose and raison d'etre in participating in the
development of policies for the DNS. This is already running.

But this main objective is in danger if we are not able to increase
participation and to incorporate new people in these activities. It's a
mater of increasing diversity of viewpoints and be able to do more,
taking into account that we are all volunteers and that we invest in
EURALO/ICANN our free time after our standard working hours.

So my main objective would be to help improve internal EURALO processes
to increase participation, lower the entry barriers for new people to
join and participate in WG, and speed up the learning curve.

Your feedback and support will be really welcome

thanks,
jordi