Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Go beyond simply using the Internet. If you are a European civil society end-user organization concerned with Internet-related issues, you can help influence its operation, growth and development.

EURALO unites European voices of ICANN’s At-Large community, including Internet-related civil society and consumer interests, to ensure their views are included in the bottom-up, consensus-based, multi-stakeholder ICANN policy development process.

Our members include more than 25 around 35 organisations working on Internet-focused issues, including Internet Society (ISOC) chapters and consumer groups across Europe formed into individual At-Large Structures.

For more information about EURALO and the benefits of becoming an At-Large Structure, please contact us at info@icann-euralowolf.ludwig@euralo.org (staff looking into whether this address can be created and transferred to Wolf and Dessiand forward, created by Matthias, works for sure – other options like info@euralo.org etc. I don't know!)

Learn more about EURALO on our wiki at: https://st.icann.org/euralo/index.cgi

“I have been a regular user of the Internet for a long time and went to an ICANN meeting in Paris in 2008…I participated in meetings of the ‘At-Large’ constituency, representing millions of individual Internet users worldwide, and was impressed about the inclusive processes which were in place to make sure that my voice was heard.”
- Olivier Crepin-Leblond, EURALO Chair, France

OK I agree. Excellent suggestion Mikhail.

I'm not aggree with the text in the box "What is the European Regional At-Large organization (EURALO) -> the last sentencie "Playing a key role in ICANN’s regional strategies, several RALOs partner with ICANN’s Global Stakeholder Engagement team to facilitate the development of critical infrastructure for the Domain Name System." is not clear to me. We are speaking about EURALO in the box with name "What is the EURALO?". ICANN has no such document as Regional Strategy for Europe (and also North America).

Thanks for pointing this out. I would have to check this with Heidi & GSE. I know that each region is supposed to have a regional strategy. So I cannot respond before having confirmation of EUROPE Regional Strategy. (both Jean Jacques Sahel & Michael Yakushev).

-> To "facilitate the development of critical infrastructure for the Domain Name System" is the issue to think about for GNSO and/or ccNSO, not for RALOs Our goals are (look at the MoU): = To provide a forum and promote and encourage European Internet users' participation and involvement in ICANN in an open, accountable and transparent manner; = To promote, understand and advocate for individual Internet users and to provide a forum for outreach, co-ordination and exchange of information and knowledge for persons who live in the European region as defined by ICANN; = To act as an interface between individual Internet users and ICANN and to promote skills development and information exchange related to the Internet amongst Members; = To breach the digital divide and encourage users in developing countries to participate in EURALO. = To promote multilingual access to, and participation in, ICANN's work, and to respect other aspects of cultural diversity As to me it is not bad to copy above wording or some part to the flyer.

Good point too. Due to space restrictions, we might need to reduce this a little bit, but the basis for this text is good. Everyone else, what do you think?

4. I have one comment directly inside the text of the email from Olivier. To change "end user" to "internet user".

... as in the bylaws. ;-)

Thanks again for your comments and have a good week-end!

Olivier