- During ICANN 54 in Dublin, the ALAC to meet with Xavier Calvez to discuss FY17 Special Budget Request, with a focus on core activities/programs such as the Leadership Training Program
- During ICANN 54 in Dublin, the ALAC to meet with Nora Abusitta to discuss Next Gen Program, ICANN Fellowship, and Auction Proceeds
- (O&E SC):
- O&E SC co-chairs to review the appropriate O&E programs and come up with key ideas for those programs. This can be a preparatory work for the conversation with Xavier.
- Staff to invite the O&E SC co-chairs to the RALO secretariat session that will review the FY17 special budget request (Tue 29 Sep, 18:00 UTC); to add this as an agenda item
- Define 'programmes' that brought value members to the community.
- Need to think of ways to optimize budget.
- Outreach Sub-Committee to identify the so-called programs
- Finance & Budget Sub-Committee to evaluate the resources used so far and understand whether any additional funds is needed
- Define 'programmes' that brought valuable members to the community.
- Leadership Training
- Next Gen
- Regional Strategic Plans
- Language Services
- Online courses
- RALO Face-to-Face General Assembly
- Continue & increase support for the aforementioned programs
- Identify the appropriate staff members as recipients
- Continue to provide support for people to follow ICANN activities remotely:
- Cameras (more rooms, not just the ALAC ones)
- Remote Hubs
- (O&E SC):
- EURALO will organize a networking and outreach event after the GA (coordinated with Jean-Jacques Sahel); it is an open event and is also an opportunity for other RALO members to participate. The event will invite ISOC Europe and will circulate a special invitation for European chapters to participate in the networking event.
- Question from Maureen Hilyard regarding support issues for the outreach & engagement programs identified – if specific programs are identified, it can be submitted as part of the budget request or FY 17. O&E SC can help identify appropriate programs. There will be discussion with Xavier Calvez for members to understand how this can be done.