Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Attendees: 

Sub-Group Members:  Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon Orr, Finn Peterson, Steve DelBianco

Staff:  Adam Peake, Alice Jansen, Kim Carlson

Apologies:  

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript

Recording

Adobe connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p1up0k2ccs2/

The audio recording is available here:  

Notes

Action Items

Chat Transcript

Kimberly Carlson: (6/9/2015 14:03) Welcome to the Stress Test WP Meeting #8 on 10 June at 11:00 UTC.  Please note that chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards

Steve DelBianco   [GNSO - CSG]: (6/10/2015 04:58) Hello, Kim and Alice.  If possible, could you have the comment summary at-hand.  We'd want to look at pages 17-19

Steve DelBianco   [GNSO - CSG]: (04:59) Thanks

Kimberly Carlson: (05:02) Hi Cheryl, just let us know when you would like us to start the recording

Avri Doria: (05:03) Steve, do you think this bill is a good thing?  and will be make it to being signed?

Steve DelBianco   [GNSO - CSG]: (05:05) Avri -- it's a good bill for the community.  Will explain

Avri Doria: (05:06) i thought it was a presumption of powers that were not theirs.

Avri Doria: (05:08) do they drop the conditions about not spending any funds to do this?

Avri Doria: (05:10) given my faith in my congress, i am not optimistic that this is a good ting.

Avri Doria: (05:12) but there was not authority for them to hand it over to GAO.

Avri Doria: (05:13) i see it as a presumption of pwoer and see it as a dangerous move

Avri Doria: (05:14) just got up and have no used my voice yet today.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (05:15) coffee

Avri Doria: (05:15) working on my first cup now.

Avri Doria: (05:16) and we have the thorny jurisdiction issue back on the table.

Avri Doria: (05:16) what about the new stree of Calaifornina becoming like Alabama in regard to international convenents?

Steve DelBianco   [GNSO - CSG]: (05:17) we'll cover that with Richard Hill's comment on STs

Avri Doria: (05:18) we are all crispy and i must confess i almost decided to sleep in.

Steve DelBianco   [GNSO - CSG]: (05:18) 2 - 5 am yesterday was BRUTAL

Avri Doria: (05:19) after which i got on a plane flew to DC and had a full day of meetings.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (05:19) bloody hell woman

Avri Doria: (05:22) if you cant hear me, then o.

Avri Doria: (05:22) cause i was talking.

Alice Jansen: (05:23) No we can't hear you, Avri :(

Alice Jansen: (05:24) yes of course

Alice Jansen: (05:25) Avri, Kim has sent you a private message - could you send her your phone # please?

Avri Doria: (05:26) what are the magic words for the dial

Kimberly Carlson: (05:26) Stress Test

Avri Doria: (05:26) calling in now

Avri Doria: (05:26) in a hotel and and the connection is obviously not good.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (05:27) ahh that will often be the case :-(

Avri Doria: (05:27) i just dialed in, we not find out if the problem is the microphone on my headset.

Adam Peake: (05:34) and there was a note from Lee Bygrave on this.  I will forward later

Adam Peake: (05:34) by "this" I mean some of R Hill's specific claims about Switzerland

Adam Peake: (05:40) that's what I remember.  pretty sure  Lee said more complicated than Richard suggests

Avri Doria: (05:40) yes. 

Adam Peake: (05:40) The swiss situtauon more complicated than richard suggests

Adam Peake: (05:44) I must leave the call, a clash.  Good luck with the rest today.  And look forward to seeing you all in BA

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (05:44) bye Adam

Steve DelBianco   [GNSO - CSG]: (05:48) alice -- could you bring up ST 4 on page 76

Steve DelBianco   [GNSO - CSG]: (05:48) thanks, Alice

Kimberly Carlson: (05:57) Yes, thank you

Alice Jansen: (05:58) Finn Petersen

Alice Jansen: (05:58) yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (05:59) great  yes thabks

Kimberly Carlson: (06:01) Thanks All, bye

Avri Doria: (06:01) bye