Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Members:  Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Donna Austin, Eduardo Diaz, Elise Lindeberg, Graeme Bunton, Greg Shatan, Jonathan Robinson, Lise Fuhr, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Paul Kane, Robert Guerra, Seun Ojediji, Staffan Jonson   (14)

Participants:  Alan Greenberg, Alan MacGillivray, Christopher Wilkinson, Chuck Gomes, Konstantinos Komaitis, Maarten Simon, Mark Carvell, Nathalie Coupet, Stephanie Duchesneau, Wale Bakare   (10)

Staff:  Bart Boswinkel, Bernard Turcotte, Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer, Kim Carlson, Mary Wong

Apologies:   Jaap Akkerhuis, Martin Boyle, Andrew Sullivan

**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Proposed Agenda

Notes

Action Items

Transcript

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p6hnejvhmu4/

The audio recording is available here:

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (5/12/2015 11:37) Good Day all!  Welcome to the CWG IANA Meeting #46 on 12 May 2015.

Bart Boswinkel: (11:51) Hi All

Paul Kane: (11:51) Hi Bart - thanks for the heads-up

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:56) hi all

Bernard Turcotte - staff support: (11:56) hello all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:56) hi

Greg Shatan: (11:58) Solar flares?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (11:59) certainly was noisy

Eduardo Diaz - (ALAC): (11:59) ¡Hola a todos!

Avri Doria: (12:00) unfortunately i can only be here the first 30 and the last 30, i stupidly scheduled a meeting i have to chair for the middle hour.  and i could not change it.

Greg Shatan: (12:01) We are indeed the CWG.

Stephanie Duchesneau: (12:01) Thanks greg :)

Jonathan Robinson: (12:02) @Avri. Will be aware of that. Try to come to you in first 30 in case we do not run until last 30

Greg Shatan: (12:03) Now that everybody's doing it....

Greg Shatan: (12:03) :-)

Alan Greenberg: (12:03) VERY SPOOKY: I was connect to the call and THEN had the operator come on and ask for my passcode and name.

Jonathan Robinson: (12:03) @Bart. Please confirm who is staff support on the call. No Grace and no Marika?

Staffan Jonson: (12:03) Hi all

Bernard Turcotte - staff support: (12:04) obviously we have been at this too long

Alan Greenberg: (12:04) Hand was a mistake - trying to mute when I suddenly was connected on my speakerphone.

Greg Shatan: (12:04) That's my explanation, too.

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:06) @ Alan:  You provided a good opportunity for some fun.

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:08) It is the first time I've heard it, not saying it's not the first time it's been stated.

Seun Ojedeji: (12:08) Hello everyone

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (12:09) some of us at the WSIS Forum that week

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:14) @Paul, is it the intention that you will reach agreement with IANA on the SLEs you have developed and then that would be submitted as part of the proposal?

Paul Kane: (12:14) Yes.  The SLE _must_ be part of the proposal

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:15) @Paul, agreed, just wanted to confirm that the SLEs will be agreed with IANA.

Seun Ojedeji: (12:15) If i get it right the phrase "current SLE" and not "new SLE" is the reason for discussing with IANA....i hope i got that correctly

Seun Ojedeji: (12:17) +1 @Paul for SLE being part of the contract

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (12:17) yes keen to see that document from Sydley re their scenario testing

Nathalie Coupet: (12:19) Could we have a look at the stress tests? They are crucial.

Stephanie Duchesneau: (12:20) i have just provided some inputs to avri's doc, though they may not yet be accounted for

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (12:23) thats very important Avri - this was asked also from different GAC members in our discussions,

Seun Ojedeji: (12:24) @Avri were you referring to the trigger for seperation in terms of moving IANA to another operator?

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (12:25) clarification on this fundamental question of who is triggering separation

Brenda Brewer: (12:25) Avri, your line is not clear

Seun Ojedeji: (12:25) loosing Avri

Seun Ojedeji: (12:25) she may need to repeat what she just said allover...sorry ;-)

Avri Doria: (12:27) it is the separation of the IFO not the stewardhsip

Alan Greenberg: (12:28) that is what was decided I think - ie committee of the whole.

Eduardo Diaz - (ALAC): (12:28) @Avri: Thanks for the answer

Avri Doria: (12:28) in any case we will not reach a conclusion.  the disagreement is fundamental

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (12:29) yup that is my recollection as well @alan

Avri Doria: (12:29) i thought i had but will do so again.  i had send an email outlining it

Avri Doria: (12:29) thanks.  dropping out now. sorry you could not hear me

Seun Ojedeji: (12:30) thanks Avri

Eduardo Diaz - (ALAC): (12:33) It will help to start now since the final draft is going to be ready for the end of MAy

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (12:34) Donna - agree

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (12:35) But the responses do not become public until BA I presume - if published as go along in interests of full transparency they will likely trigger dialogue. 

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (12:36) Its the CWG response part that is sensitive

Staffan Jonson: (12:37) @Mark Carvell +1!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (12:38) agree with you there @chuck

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:40) The responses to public comments from the CWG could refer to FAQ answers.

Seun Ojedeji: (12:45) perhaps it will be good for them to suggest what part they think are missing (suggesting what they hope it will be)

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (12:46) Can it be considered sufficiently complete if CCWG proposal is mid-way on process?

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (12:47) It will be complete, but the GAC is very much asking about the rush we have,  - when we are so dependent on the CCWG

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (12:48) And if we dont get what we want from the CCWG work  - what will we do then, ...GAc members asking..

Robert Guerra: (12:50) +1 to chuck's comment about other "contributions" regarding the proposal being possible.

Robert Guerra: (12:50) opens up issue of extending time for "key non chartering orgs" to contribute

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (12:50) @Jonathan: can your three points just given be recorded as model answers for GAC please.

Paul Kane: (12:50) May I suggest we submit a complete proposal for review by the complete community after BA - sorry, but I think it is important all members have chance to review the complete Report incl the Accountability piece.

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:51) The ccs have regional organisations - is this an avenue that would be useful to ensure inclusion

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:52) This is probably a strange idea but could we use the Ombudsman to serve as a channel for non-affiliated input?

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:53) The Ombudsman is an IANN role but it is relatively indendent?

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (12:53) Yes - the earlier question about sufficent completeness - sorry  to be one step behind

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:53) @chuck, I don't understand what role you see the Ombudsman playing.

Greg Shatan: (12:53) Isn't the public comment period the channel for non-affiliated input?

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:54) Ombudsman strictly as a channel of communication not a faciliator of solutions.

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:54) @Greg, I would agree but it is to some extent an 'inner circle'

Staffan Jonson: (12:54) Donna: yes we try to use the regional organizations for inclusion. varied success

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:54) @ Greg: what happens after the public comment period?

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:55) Thanks Staffan. I guess what we need to ensure is that the outreach has been done. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Staffan Jonson: (12:55) Yes, true

Greg Shatan: (12:55) @Chuck, the Chartering Organizations have their say.  Perpetual public comment is not workable.

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:55) Those associated with a chartering SO/AC will have opportunity to comment after the public comment period ends;  others will not.

Greg Shatan: (12:56) That has been our plan all along.

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:56) I am not suggesting perpetual public comment.

Greg Shatan: (12:57) The alternative is to set up a public mailing list for further unaffiliated public comment.

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (12:58) The issue I think is whether unaffiliated stakeholders should be provided some way to provide input after the proposal is 'finalized'.

Donna Austin, RySG: (12:59) A draft final proposal could be sent to all who contributed comments.

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (13:00) @ Donna: I think that has some possibility.  Would we also allow them to respond?

Donna Austin, RySG: (13:00) yes, within a specified timeframe.

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (13:01) @ Donna:  Might work.

Brenda Brewer: (13:01) DT-M meeting Wednesday

Brenda Brewer: (13:01) tomorrow

Brenda Brewer: (13:01) not at this time

Greg Shatan: (13:02) Stephanie, count me in for whatever.

Stephanie Duchesneau: (13:02) thanks greg

Paul Kane: (13:06) I am happy/willing to work with Sidley on SoW

Paul Kane: (13:06) ok

Paul Kane: (13:06) sure

Seun Ojedeji: (13:20) thanks Greg

Greg Shatan: (13:21) To recap Sidley Open Items:  (1) stress tests for insider vs. outsider board; (2) memo on public benefit vs. LLC; and (3) term sheet on the ICANN/PTI contract/SOW

Seun Ojedeji: (13:21) I think you could follow-up with the support staff for the various chatering organisations (re: outreach)

Paul Kane: (13:22) FOIA?

Nathalie Coupet: (13:22) What do the acronyms SLE and SoW stand for?

Greg Shatan: (13:22) GNSO support staff has not been involved in outreach, which has taken place  at the SG level

Seun Ojedeji: (13:22) Service level agreement (SLE)

Robert Guerra: (13:22) FOIA or OFAC - which is the foreign licensing requirement

Robert Guerra: (13:23) for sanctione dcountries

Nathalie Coupet: (13:23) Thank

Nathalie Coupet: (13:23) you

Seun Ojedeji: (13:23) Statement of work (SoW) "not so sure about that one"

Greg Shatan: (13:23) OFAC, not FOIA (which is Freedom of Information Act)

Paul Kane: (13:23) Thanks

Greg Shatan: (13:23) Correct, SoW = Statement of Work

Seun Ojedeji: (13:23) Edit: Service level Expectation (SLE)

Paul Kane: (13:23) and thanks for the US/UK transaltions

Greg Shatan: (13:24) SLE = Service Level Expectations

Greg Shatan: (13:25) SLA = Service Level Agreement, which will include SLEs as well as other related matters (e.g., downtime, credits, escalations, help)

Greg Shatan: (13:25) generically speaking

Nathalie Coupet: (13:25) Thank you, Greg

Chuck Gomes (RySG): (13:25) Thanks all.

Lise Fuhr: (13:25) Thank you and bye

Bernard Turcotte - staff support: (13:25) bye all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (13:25) good call, thanks everyone... bye for now

Staffan Jonson: (13:25) Than k You all

Graeme Bunton - RrSG: (13:25) Thanks all

Paul Kane: (13:25) thanks bye

Elise Lindeberg GAC: (13:25) bye :)

Nathalie Coupet: (13:25) Thank you all

Maarten Simon, SIDN: (13:25) thanks

Olivier Crepin-Leblond: (13:25) Thanks Jonathan - bye everyone

Seun Ojedeji: (13:25) thanks and bye

Greg Shatan: (13:26) Thank you all!  And thanks for the efficiency!

Greg Shatan: (13:26) Bye

Greg Shatan: (13:26) Paul -- hand up?

Greg Shatan: (13:26) :-)