Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Terri Agnew: (5/11/2015 08:40) Dear all, Welcome to the NARALO Monthly Teleconference on Monday, 11 May 2015 at 19:00 UTC

Terri Agnew: (08:41) meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/EiUnAw

Konstantin Kalaitzidis (SFBayISOC): (13:54) Thank you

Louis Houle: (14:01) Hello everyone

Glenn McKnight: (14:02) Hi All

Glenn McKnight: (14:04) The  election discussion  is critical  I asked her to move it up the agenda

Matthew Rantanen: (14:04) Im on the Adobe Connect. Matthew Rantanen(NPM)

Glenn McKnight: (14:05) Hi Matt

Terri Agnew: (14:06) NARALO  Webinar to Get to Know the Candidates 2015.05.08 https://community.icann.org/x/9YQ0Aw

Glenn McKnight: (14:06) I think so

Glenn McKnight: (14:06) thanks  Terri

Silvia Vivanco: (14:06) yes posted in the meeting page

Terri Agnew: (14:06) transcription is available on same page: https://community.icann.org/x/9YQ0Aw

Glenn McKnight: (14:07) I agree your motion 

Gordon Chillcott: (14:07) I agree as well

Murray McKercher NARALO: (14:08) I agree it is important, to get it done, while eveyone is here.

Louis Houle: (14:08) I agree as well

Glenn McKnight: (14:08) muted

Terri Agnew: (14:08) Welcome Judith Hellerstein

judith Hellerstein: (14:09) Sorry had trian problems. 3 trains broke down

Glenn McKnight: (14:09) no i took it down

Silvia Vivanco: (14:10) NARALO ALAC MEMBER TO FILL THE SEAT VACATED BY GLENN MCKNIGHT (Term: 2015 AGM - 2016 AGM) This is a special election to fill in the seat being vacated by Glenn McKnight who is resigning.  The election for for this 1 year seat end in 2016, however this person can run again for two consecutive ALAC terms if desired before being term limited.

Silvia Vivanco: (14:10) 10th  April the nominations open

judith Hellerstein: (14:11) Joly is not on the call as he has a previous commitment

Glenn McKnight: (14:11) no  objection

Heidi Ullrich: (14:13) @All, please close your microphones when not speaking as we get echos

Glenn McKnight: (14:13) my mic is muted

Glenn McKnight: (14:14) Which  working groups are  devoid of NARALO members?

Terri Agnew: (14:14) Policy Advice Development Page: https://community.icann.org/x/bwFO

Alan Greenberg: (14:14) When we get to Judith's topic of more poeple on WGs, I can speak to it if you wish.

Terri Agnew: (14:14) ICANN Public Comment page: https://www.icann.org/public-comments

judith Hellerstein: (14:15) devoid of members or devoid of people who have actually come to meetings

Garth Bruen: (14:15) we can hear you glenn

Alan Greenberg: (14:16) GA discussion (and other funding) That is item 3.5

Terri Agnew: (14:17) Welcome Evan Leibovitch

Evan Leibovitch: (14:18) hi

Murray McKercher NARALO: (14:18) GA = General Assemby?

Evan Leibovitch: (14:18) Looks like my timing is good

judith Hellerstein: (14:18) Alan greenberg also mentioned that he is really very busy planning the dublin meeting to help with organizing it

Evan Leibovitch: (14:18) @Murray, yes

Murray McKercher NARALO: (14:19) Thank You Evan

Silvia Vivanco: (14:20) fy16 requests are posted: https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/community-requests-fy16-28apr15-en.docx

judith Hellerstein: (14:22) Can we have a GA at a different time with an ARIN meeting

Alan Greenberg: (14:23) @Judith, yes, that is conceivable.

Glenn McKnight: (14:24) No one is  critical of the  idea of doing an event correspondin

Terri Agnew: (14:25) Welcome Seth Reiss

judith Hellerstein: (14:25) Capacity building only has joly on it and joly is working on social media and not on other topics

Heidi Ullrich: (14:26) Please keep in mind that the Leadership Training Program takes place the week before the ICANN 54 meeings

Glenn McKnight: (14:26) We  all  love it

Silvia Vivanco: (14:26) You can see all previous in all RALOs here: https://community.icann.org/display/CRALO/RALO+General+Assemblies

Heidi Ullrich: (14:26) for up to 5 incoming and current At-Large leaders

judith Hellerstein: (14:27) metrics also has alan and darlene and darlene has not been active

Alan Greenberg: (14:27) No question it was a good proposal - that's why it was put forward.

judith Hellerstein: (14:28) new meeting strategy only has eduardo as does the at large review

Glenn McKnight: (14:29) three  times

Louis Houle: (14:29) Yes

Glenn McKnight: (14:29) my  adobe is  cutting in and out  

Silvia Vivanco: (14:30) Hi Glenn, try changing browsers

Silvia Vivanco: (14:30) Mozilla or Chrome are good with AC rooms

Gordon Chillcott: (14:31) I agree with Evan on this

Glenn McKnight: (14:31) I switched  to  Mozilla  and its  still bad,  Also

Evan Leibovitch: (14:32) ARIN, IETF and ICANN all have different models and are worth experiencing

Terri Agnew: (14:32) @Glenn, I will send you an email to see if your AC needs updated.

Glenn McKnight: (14:32) ok

judith Hellerstein: (14:32) Try chrome.  I have had problems with firefox and use either safari or chrome

Evan Leibovitch: (14:33) I find that AC works OK with Chrome. Chromium gives me problems, and Firefox is most reliable for this. IMO.

Evan Leibovitch: (14:33) Using Chrome on Win8.1 now

Terri Agnew: (14:33) AC prefers Firefox

Glenn McKnight: (14:34) Not  responding  properly on the keyboard and my mic  is not working right

Evan Leibovitch: (14:34) These days Chrome doesn't even like Flash.

Heidi Ullrich: (14:34) See workspace at: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52898396

Evan Leibovitch: (14:34) (but Safari never did :-) )

Terri Agnew: (14:34) @Glenn, let me know if you need a dial out on telephone and email to check update has been sent

Murray McKercher NARALO: (14:38) I am trying to recall the General Assemby in Toronto and London and measure the outcomes, but the discussion today seems to make sense, I would defer to Alan G, who has vastly more experience than eithe of us :)

judith Hellerstein: (14:38) my firefox on my mac has been crashing lots because of flash which is why i use safari

judith Hellerstein: (14:38) for the ac calls

Glenn McKnight: (14:39) Added  Mozilla  Add on

Glenn McKnight: (14:39) Working much better now

Glenn McKnight: (14:39) It was stalling out

Terri Agnew: (14:39) @Glenn, happy to hear that

Glenn McKnight: (14:39) Thanks

Glenn McKnight: (14:41) On webinars  the  TTF  has done two instructional  sessions  on Captioning and How to Caption your videos

Glenn McKnight: (14:42) Also we need more  members  applying for  CROPP funded spots  5 spots available

Glenn McKnight: (14:43) Also the Human Rights  and ICANN  lacks  NARALO involvement

Glenn McKnight: (14:44) Alan  Skuce

Glenn McKnight: (14:45) We  have  had  some issues on approval

Glenn McKnight: (14:45) Time  sensativity is important in turning around the CROPP applications

Terri Agnew: (14:46) @Allan Skuce, we are unable to hear you

Terri Agnew: (14:47) @Allan Skuce, we can hear you

Glenn McKnight: (14:47) I think we used all our  5  CROPP  spots   and Le Marie will  be using the last spot for IHTC in late May

Glenn McKnight: (14:48) I have requested  brochures and business cards to be sent to me for her.  I have  roughly 30 english brochures for Le Marie

Glenn McKnight: (14:49) Due  to time.  I am sharing the  Secretariat  Reporting Template  I have been working on looking for feedback

Glenn McKnight: (14:49) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pLUC4Y0s7Sf0gbH8zZxoRqm3yTb-eafpATbREHjQRm0/edit

Glenn McKnight: (14:49) This is a draft google form

Glenn McKnight: (14:51) damn  mic  is  acting up  I can hear you

Terri Agnew: (14:51) @Glenn, I unmuted our mic

Evan Leibovitch: (14:52) I have a question (for Alan) about an ALAC issue.

Terri Agnew: (14:54) @Evan, we are unable to hear you

Evan Leibovitch: (14:55) my audio is cutting out but it's probably connectivity at my end

judith Hellerstein: (14:55) We have only 5 minutes left

Glenn McKnight: (14:56) @Judith  this is why I provided a  link to the Secretariat template

judith Hellerstein: (14:56) exactly

judith Hellerstein: (14:57) i know too much stuff to cover

Glenn McKnight: (14:57) @Judith  we need staff feedback on the  template tied to confluence

Evan Leibovitch: (14:58) ALAC is still on the record as calling for a freeze on high-trust TLDs with weak PICs. While they may not be restated I certainly hope the stance maintains.

judith Hellerstein: (14:58) We need to hear back from Dev about the connections

Alan Greenberg: (14:59) @Evan, yes, the New gTLD Process Committee has NOT rejected our advice. That alone is a good (or at least interesting) sign.

Terri Agnew: (14:59) At-Large FY16 Budget Development Workspace: https://community.icann.org/x/1YMQAw

Glenn McKnight: (14:59) I  think we  dealt with the main issue on the NARALO  GA

Glenn McKnight: (15:00) I brought it early so it would not be missed

Alan Greenberg: (15:01) On Agenda item 4, we have several cases where we have unopposed selections where nominations closed already. Will we annouce winners by acclamation?

Glenn McKnight: (15:01) Also  no one  has  contacted me on the  EBOOKS  approved  proposal either

Garth Bruen: (15:02) Adobe crashed, back in now

Silvia Vivanco: (15:02) @ Glenn, please  be so kind to clarify  what was  the decision re GA

Heidi Ullrich: (15:03) Thanks, Judith and Glenn. We will be moving ahead with these issues. Please keep in mind that these projects are for FY16. Many staff are working on the BA meeting atm

Glenn McKnight: (15:03) Thanks Heidi

Louis Houle: (15:03) @ Alan: If we can, why not?

Glenn McKnight: (15:04) On the GA   most  comments  felt that  we not able to properly do a  high  quality GA  in October at  ARIN. 

Silvia Vivanco: (15:04) Okay  so may  we  notify meetings  team   that  the  GA  will be the   EURALO GA

Glenn McKnight: (15:04) Judith did it

Louis Houle: (15:05) Yes

Glenn McKnight: (15:05) Did we need  to confirm the uncontested postions

Glenn McKnight: (15:06) Chair and the Nomcom position

Silvia Vivanco: (15:06) Elections 1. NARALO  will do a consensus  call for the  uncontested  positionsand an online  vote  for the contested  positions.

Evan Leibovitch: (15:07) Good evening (10pm here)

Gordon Chillcott: (15:07) Thanks.  Bye now

Murray McKercher NARALO: (15:07) bye

Silvia Vivanco: (15:07) Bye thanks

Allan Skuce: (15:07) bye