Regional Candidate(s) Recommended to the ALAC
ALAC Appointed Delegates to the NomCom
Satish Babu (not eligible for re-selection)Gunela Astbrink

Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Maureen Hilyard

21 April 2015 (APRALO monthly call)   

Amir Qayyum

Amir Qayyum, Siranush Vardanyan

09 May 2015

I am associated with Internet since early nineties, as a user and a technical person. I did my Masters and PhD from France, and also worked as a researcher at the renowned lab: INRIA Rocquencourt, France. It always gives me a refreshing feeling when I see myself as part of a large connected community! I am ICANN Fellowship alumni, and got involved into ICANN activities since 2012, through the local ISOC Chapter. I am currently the Chair Executive Council of ISOC Islamabad Chapter, which is one of the registered ALS in ICANN/APRALO. I am quite much involved in capacity building activities (IPv6, DNSSEC, etc.) with ISOC, APNIC and ICANN's Middle-East regional team, and conducted numerous training workshops, informational seminars and general awareness talks on ICANN's activities and policy, APNIC's technical stuff and ISOC's Internet Governance theme. Being a professor and researcher at a university, I enjoy working on networking protocols (I am also a co-author of the RFC 3626), and often involve my students to build working solutions for various societal issues. In this regard, I lead many funded R&D projects in the domain of wired and wireless networks for social applications, funded by ISOC USA, Govt of France in ICT-Asia program and also in PHC program, Govt of Pakistan through its ICT R&D Fund, and by the local industry too. I am also serving since 2011 as the Chair IEEE Computer Society Islamabad Chapter, and since 2007 as the Founding Director, Center of Research in Networks and Telecom (CoReNeT - www.corenet.org.pk). Being a French alumni, I am also the founding member of the Board of Directors and the Vice-President of Pak-France Alumni Network (PFAN - www.pfan.org.pk). With my technical and research experience, active involvement in Internet organizations and associations, a large connected circle of friends, colleagues and students, and a strong motivation and enthusiasm to serve the community, I feel that I can contribute in ICANN as a NomCom member from APRALO.

Hoping to serve the community better.