• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Notes 

Client Committee Call on 9 April 2015 at 14:00 UTC

Agenda (intended as a guide): 

1. Briefing Doc – Key Issues & highlights 

2. Briefing Doc – Questions and issues arising from the CWG

a. A document of collated questions prepared by Grace (for the record)

b. What are the key themes & concepts

3. Logistics

a. Plans for 13th & 14th April 

b.Towards a proposal on the 20th 

4. AOB

Notes: 

1. Briefing Doc – Key Issues & highlights 

Key open items that Sidley views as requiring further discussion and input:  

(1) PTI as a seperate legal entity, or not; 

(2) Organization of PTI board if a seperate legal entity; 

(3) Organization of PRF - frequency of review and structure, scope of mandate; 

(4) Review and consequence of PRF review; 

(5) CSC -- scope of mandate, organizational structure; 

(6) multi-stakeholder organization structure and scope of mandate (not deciding, but communicating to CCWG what this group needs) 

2. Briefing Doc – Questions and issues arising from the CWG

Grace to send document of collated questions (for the record).

Give Sidley the opportunity to review the questions and decide how/if to answer. 

In some cases, Sidley may need more information in order to provide an answer. 

3. Logistics

Sidley will be able to join the CWG calls during the high-intensity meetings on Monday and Tuesday.  

(Sharon has a conflict at Meeting #40)

Next call at 15:00 UTC on Friday. 

Transcript

Transcript CWG Client Comm 9 April.doc

Transcript CWG Client Comm 9 April.pdfThe transcript will be posted here shortly

Recordings

The Adobe Connect recording is available here:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p2q8pnq7s3f/

The MP3 recording is available here: https://icann.box.com/shared/static/b5alcpb24l0vb9brcp9sjoeylqulzyz5.mp3

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (4/9/2015 08:40) Hello all and welcome to the Sidley meeting on 9 April.

Jonathan Robinson: (09:01) Hello everyone

Jonathan Robinson: (09:02) Greg and i talked before the call and we agreed I would chair the meeting

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:02) Good day.  Online and waiting to connect via audio

Jonathan Robinson: (09:02) The (proposed) agenda is in the notes on the right. It is intended as a guide

Jonathan Robinson: (09:02) Is Holly going to join?

Grace Abuhamad: (09:03) She sent apologies (she is on a flight)

Greg Shatan: (09:05) Hello all.

Greg Shatan: (09:05) I "leaked" the high intensity schedule to Sidley.... :-)

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:16) For this group to consider, there are a few key open items that Sidley views as requiring further discussion and input.  Summarizing from Sharon's presentation:  (1) PTI as a seperate legal entity, or not; (2) Organization of PTI board if a seperate legal entity; (3) Organization of PRF - frequency of review and structure, scope of mandate; (4) Review and consequence of PRF review; (5) CSC -- scope of mandate, organizational structure; (6) multi-stakeholder organization structure and scope of mandate (not deciding, but communicating to CCWG what this group needs)

Jonathan Robinson: (09:22) @Josh. The cchairs of CWG & CWG are meeting together weekly. Key is that this communication is imparted effectively to members/participants of both CCWG & CWG

maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:24) Hi Sharon, the memo was very clear for me as a non US lawyer.Thanks for the work.

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:24) Agree Jonathan, but the CCWG has a number of sub-working teams who also need to hear these "needs"

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:25) Greg -- To clarify, if an LLC it would not be a for-profit, entity. And the non-profit public benefit corp would not issue shares.

Jonathan Robinson: (09:26) OK Josh. Then we need to make sure CCWG Chairs communicate effectively into those sub-working teams with our (CWG) requirements

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:27) Agree @Jonathan.  Specifically I think WP1 needs to be informed.

Greg Shatan: (09:28) Josh -- sorry -- right -- LLC would be a single-member LLC .  But it would be a sub. as opposed as an aff.

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:36) Cam you are mute?

Grace Abuhamad: (09:37) We can hear you Cameron.

Greg Shatan: (09:37) Lost Camn and he left the room

Lise Fuhr: (09:40) yes send to the client committee

Greg Shatan: (09:41) Very generous.

Cameron Kerry: (09:41) my connection was interrupted mid-sentence.  we can come back to my procedural question later - how best do we insure input from CWG on the issues that are "outsourced" to the CCWG discussion?  Sidley and some CWG members are a bridge but I'm sensitive to appropriate community input.

Greg Shatan: (09:41) After Friday, only 2 more working days until Monday.  :-(

Grace Abuhamad: (09:42) I will email the questions now

Grace Abuhamad: (09:42) the compilation document

Greg Shatan: (09:42) Responses could be fairly short-form.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:43) That works

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:45) @Grace - can we get a soft copy of questions?

Grace Abuhamad: (09:45) Just sent :)

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:45) Thanks!

Greg Shatan: (09:50) Ugly is a good word.

Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (09:52) Onlty conflict I have is Meeting #40

Greg Shatan: (09:52) Sounds like a plan is shaping up.

Grace Abuhamad: (09:53) Noted your conflict for planning purposes, thanks Sharon

maarten Simon, SIDN: (09:56) thank yoy, bye

Josh Hofheimer (Sidley): (09:57) thanks